• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:38:20 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Zotis

I forgot to put my flash hat back in, but I doubt it would have changed the outcome.

Edit: Also, you got my Ninja's name wrong, it is Daitro not Daitoro.

Barren

Thanks for the heads up. I've fixed that error
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Zotis

Daitro is a band.   ;)

I'm working on my team some more, maybe a secondary team too.
I have a question, is weapon evasion constant even if you don't have awareness?

Malroth

if i remember correctly
Mantles All 4 sides
Weapon Front and sides but not back
Character/Shield  Front only

Zotis

So many things are different from original FFT, it's pretty confusing.  Is it listed somewhere in the Master Guide?  Because I don't see it anywhere.

Dokurider

Well met Andante. While some of my choice in units might have been my undoing, namely adding Frog on top of Death, but those Ice/Lightning Bows were the real killers here, especially with Hawk's Eye going off all the time. I think you have real powerful team here. Way to show everyone.

Zotis

What does hidden affect besides just physical attacks?  Does it also affect magic attacks, making Meiton 100% accurate?  I think Barren said something along those lines in the commentary.  But it wouldn't make spells like slow 2 100% accurate...

Malroth

i wish,  Hidden knife oracles FTW!!!!

Barren

Hidden Knife gives you essentially perfect accuracy meaning that your attacks will always hit. Even if you're using secondary physical moves like earth slash or meiton. In other words it disregards a unit's P-EV (Physical Evasion)

Slow 2 is based on faith (yours versus the target's) and of course capability plays a factor in chances of landing the spell too. For example, say a female sagittarius were to use a frog spell on a male gemini. The chances of that hitting should be at its highest due to best compatibility. If it were two of the same gender however, that drastically goes down because of worse compatibility.
You dare cross blades with me?

Reks

Quote from: Gaignun on October 28, 2013, 09:21:53 am
You sound like you do not want to be in Singapore.  Did something happen?

Nah. Singapore's great. I'd just gone through a period of shitty luck I was being blamed for.

About the match:
Round 1: Gah, that RNG. Your team's synergy is pretty good, Barren!

Round 2: Yeah. A map with good range is what SWA really seems to excel at.

Round 3: RNG again. Gotta love triple DA's. GG Barren!
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Zotis

Hmm... because Meiton uses magic evasion...  at least it says M under the evasion column in the Master's Guide.

Is it things that give an evasion % in the formula, versus things that only list magic or physical for evasion?

Reks

And new team for the chaos and fun. They were put together mostly to try something I haven't before, with an idea pulled from here and there to help out.
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Gaignun

Quote from: Zotis on October 29, 2013, 03:33:51 pm
Hmm... because Meiton uses magic evasion...  at least it says M under the evasion column in the Master's Guide.

Is it things that give an evasion % in the formula, versus things that only list magic or physical for evasion?

Tons are supposed to use M-EV as written, but they, in fact, use P-EV in-game.  This is unintended as far as I know.

Hidden Knives ignore P-EV for all skills, be they "Hit" or "Dmg" based.  Hit-based skills can still miss, but the target's P-EV will not reduce the hit rate.

Zotis

Okay, I've modified my team once again.  This time I'm going all out Earth Absorb/Mime.

I wish I could give my Samurai some more draw outs and white magic, especially Asura and Esuna, but I just don't have the JP because I spent so much unlocking jobs for her reaction/support/movement.

P.S. Thanks for the pointers CT5Holy.  Great commentary as usual.  I'm glad you like mimes, they're sweet.

Fenire

I agree. I especialy like them with lots of aoe elemental spells/skills teams.
I just put one in my new team. 2 dancers, a bard, and a mime. Hopefully it works as I intend.

reinoe

Quote from: Malroth on November 01, 2013, 10:43:28 pm
Zotis (Elumina) vs Fenire (Go Go String Quartet)

To Fenire...

It takes a special type of team to have Move=0.  If you're going to have a unit with Move=0, then only 1 unit can have Move=0.  Fenire should just ditch the move altogether.  With that team setup it's better to have no move at all.  Interesting what the Bard did there with singing instead of using Carbunkle.

To Zotis...
Elumina is getting quite impressive.  It's too bad you weren't here for the Arena tournament we just had.
My dreams can come true!

Malroth

November 02, 2013, 12:13:09 am #2458 Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 12:42:55 am by Malroth
conversely all 4 units can have move = 0/iron boots provided the vast majority have ranged resurection as well as self MP restoration and you aren't afraid of black magic

I agree with Renioe,  if there was no movement skills on the dancers at all, and those dancers had Cherche's or Battle boots instead of Bracers and packed Revive and repeating fist  that team would have been terrifying,   270+ melee strikes before PA save, instant revival plus the ability to negate all opponent Phoenix downs, wishes and revives can beat a lot of teams.

Dancers take 1 Offensive)  Drop Move =0, Up Fury to 70, Replace Bracer with Cherche,  use spare JP to grab Revive and Repeating fist
Dancers Take 2 Defensive)  Dancing Equip Armor PA save Monks With Chakra Band, Maximilian, Chantage and Move HP Up Chakra stigma magic and revive are musts.
Bard Take 1) Drop MA save for MP restore and Move -1 for extra JP grab a secondary offensive summons (i'd go with shiva or Leviathian) as well as Battle song to buff your PA based units.
Bard Take 2)  Defense Up, Move MP up and Setiemnson and tank hits singing life song till your MA gets enough to 1 shot anything with an unstrenghened Bahamut summons

Zotis

Oh, I messed up on the Monk's hat.  HP Restore ftw!

Yeah, unfortunately for the Samurai I had to limit it to only the most essential skills with what JP I had left.  But she does what she is supposed to, so I have no complaints about her.  She does her job.

That Wiznaibus going off 4 times in a row was pretty scary.  120 dmg to all of my units.