• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Incredible

Started by xanien, March 01, 2008, 04:39:45 pm

xanien

March 01, 2008, 04:39:45 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by xanien
I've played Final Fantasy Tactics over..and over........and over..

I could continue...for the last 10 years.  Ever since I was a kid, I've wanted to make Ramza not look like such a panzy, or give him sword skills.  Make an entire party and throw down some story for it.  Bottom line, this stuff is awesome.  I've been reading non-stop at work and I can't wait to try things out myself.

That being said, I haven't the slightest what I'm doing outside of the Gameshark editing areas, so I've got a bit more research to do before I can even begin (and limited time, 40 hrs work, 15 hrs class and prego wife).  But as I told aforementioned wife, what you guys are doing is a dream come true for a guy like me (yay for immersing oneself in a complete fantasy world of one's own creation!)  Thus, I registered on a forum/website for the first time ever.  I hope I can contribute in some way (I am a creative writer, come up with scripts for the text editor???)

Xanien.

Austin

March 01, 2008, 05:02:01 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Austin
Well, as far as making a new story goes it would probably be rather difficult, but the rest of the stuff you said is definitely possible. If you have any trouble getting started don't be afraid to ask questions, and it's nice to have you aboard :P
  • Modding version: PSX

Xifanie

March 01, 2008, 05:23:41 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Just making modifications yourself you'll probably end up with bugs and the like so that would help the project at the same time.

I may have use later for your writing skills.

You see in teh JP version the skills' quotes sounds poetic (in their own way).

In the US version it just sounds like gibberish.

Since I'm not working on the translation of those right now, it might take a few months. Building the future site should keep me busy for a while.

Seeing your enthousiasm, I suppose you can wait. :P
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

xanien

March 02, 2008, 02:53:43 am #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by xanien
hah, well I suppose I have plenty of time to get up to speed then!

Let me know when I can be of some help.