• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Parted Ways Teaser Event Screenshots

Started by Eternal248, July 06, 2011, 02:33:45 pm

Eternal

Who is the man who needs saving in Sweegy Woods? Why is Beowulf at Zigolis Swamp? Who is the mysterious "Witch of the Fen"? Find out... later!

(Events are currently being worked on and cleaned up. Not taking as long as I thought it would.)
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Kagebunji

I will do you a little surprise tomorrow, Et.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Cheetah

That purple mystery sprite sure has gotten a lot of milage. I am liking this palette a lot though.

For the middle scene you likely want to raise the camera up. You have a lot of negative space at the bottom and it is scrunching your character and dialog.
Current Projects:

Pierce

I'm so excited for when this is finished.
Ignorance itself is a crime! - Miluda

Eternal

How would I go about raising it a few pixels, Cheetah?
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Cheetah

A camera move command, you could have it either center on that character or a specific tile.
Current Projects:

The Damned

(Sounds like something else that I'll have to keep in mind.)

Ffff...you're also using Zigolis Swamp for something special. It's definitely a good place to do it, though, considering how big and relatively flat it is, poison aside.

Ironically, at present I have Beowulf's possible replacement (or competition) there myself. Looking for this as I said.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

GeneralStrife

camera is 100 times better positioned now!

Eternal

@Cheetah: I'll play with it some tomorrow. I should probably sleep or something.

@Damned: I'm replacing most of the filler battles, honestly. Zigolis, Sweegy, Grog, Germinas, etc.

@Strife: I haven't changed anything yet. =x

The Damned

(By the way, I downloaded the zip file, though I won't be able to play until at least tomorrow [Sunday].)

Ah, I see.

I'd argue that Grog Hill isn't that terribly filler (or at least that bad of a filler battle) since it quite shows how desperate the war is making people; I honestly find it kinda of tragic for the people you have to end up killing. But, hey, if you have a better purpose for it, then I guess it's a necessary causality and admittedly I haven't thought about most non "boss" battles when it comes to Chapters 3 and 4.

Of the four you mentioned, however, I already replaced Sweegy (minus the event/text editing) and Zigolis is also something I've planned to change alongside another battle before that.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

GeneralStrife

Oops, i took a quick glance at sweegy and it looked like zigolis so i put that