• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 11:27:15 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

New sprites inserted for Alicia and Lavian, weirdness occurs...

Started by pbr7994, July 23, 2015, 04:20:54 pm

pbr7994

Hey all,
this is my first post on here and seeing what you other people have made got me interested in modding myself, I  have been doing small tweaks (changing classes, generic sprites, formations, etc.)

I decided that since both alicia and lavian are with us til the end that they deserved their own sprites, I followed 'celdias' tutorial and all seemed to work ok til they actually appeared in battle, then they started going weird, one of them is purple, the other is transparent...

any one know why this is, any help would be appreciated, screenshots are saved as attachments...

Thanks in advance

Xifanie

All I can guess is that you used jobs used by zodiac beast minions and such and forgot to edit their permanent/starting statuses
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

3lric

pbr7994

I had considered that but they but there's no status effects on them and they share the same job, a modified ark witch (valmafras  job)
Which means it Can't be anything to do with the job or it would effect then both the same I think?

3lric

Never assume. Test them by setting them to Ramza's job (Don't load a savestate to test) and trying again. If it still happens then it's because of what Xif said. Who's sprites did you import them overtop of?

Xifanie

How the hell did you give 2 spritesheets to -one- job?
Unless you gave Alicia and Lavian the same job instead of giving them a proper base job, which would be a horrible mistake. If it's not their base job, changing to chemist and all means that you can't go back to that job.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Aiolon

im starting to suspect you used the generic sprites used by undead like the ones that appear in yoguo woods. that would explain the purple color but idk about that transparent.
Wizzard: I have returned once again.
Chocobo: Wark?
Wizzard: yes.

3lric

That's what I suspected as well, which is why I asked about the the sprites. Or perhaps he just put a vanish mantle on them by mistake in the ENTD? lol

pbr7994

I imported them over Simon and valmafa,  and moved those to the unused Celia and lede sprite, I'll check them with Ramza job

pbr7994

I worked out what the problem was... i'd unchecked rare for the cursed ring and invisibility cloak and they were equipping them as random accessories...
Thanks for pointing that out, I really should have seen that.

Thanks for all the help  :)

3lric

Jumza

Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.