• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 12:55:05 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Pure Curiousity

Started by xanien, March 19, 2008, 07:58:40 pm

xanien

March 19, 2008, 07:58:40 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by xanien
I've been trying to remember this for days now, and I finally remembered my question (work IS that boring).

I've always wanted to increase the maximum number of troops allowed by the game.  Is this remotely possible?

Of course, I know it would be hellish work, because one would have to edit every random battle to increase the number of enemies, thus balancing the equation.

Anyway, I'm still at trying to edit sprites and working on that, so this is obviously just curiousity, but let me know what you think, or even if you think this is a good idea at all (in terms of playability)

NeedsMoreNoise

March 19, 2008, 09:01:04 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by NeedsMoreNoise
I can only see that hurting more than helping, really. The current maximum was set as such, in order to make your choice of a party more meaningful. Also, the maps aren't very large themselves, so the more units on the map, the less amount of room you have to move in.

Zozma

March 19, 2008, 09:06:47 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
on a normal occurrance if you added one unit to the map, and then let five of your own units (or however many the game allows you to put in naturally) then youll probably end up with a glitchy battle, or some missing units.. you might be able to add more if there are very few enemies put on the map at all but im not sure, just remember at least five of those slots in the entd editor are for your own units. also there are others that only appear randomly but they are still a unit of that battle..

so to make it more of a pain, from battle to battle youd pretty much have to test them out or make less of the units appear only randomly and more always preasant.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Xifanie

March 19, 2008, 09:32:23 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Now I think that they limited some battles for a particular reason... sometimes because there are too much different sprites and other times because there are too much of the 16 units slots in the ENTD are already filled.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful