• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:00:02 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Rfh Sprites

Started by Rfh, December 28, 2011, 03:32:56 pm

Vanya

I like the roll thingy to, it's just that portraits that have features the sprite doesn't is a bit of a pet peeve of mine.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Rfh

Working again in Sprite: I change the palettes and the dead sprite. Then, I created a new portrait for me:
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: rfh

Jon

Your portraits blacks are way too black and un-FFT style. Also that R in blue is nearly impossible to see on the small portrait, if you want it to stand out it has to be white since that's the complimentary color. The hair looks okay but its so hard to see because the shades are way too similar. To make it work better use really dark grays instead. Not too bad though.
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Rfh

Quote from: Jon on March 19, 2012, 10:54:09 am
Your portraits blacks are way too black and un-FFT style. Also that R in blue is nearly impossible to see on the small portrait, if you want it to stand out it has to be white since that's the complimentary color. The hair looks okay but its so hard to see because the shades are way too similar. To make it work better use really dark grays instead. Not too bad though.
Well, My hair and my eyes are amazing black, that are impossible to see in them something brown or another color. (I'm no monster, the people consider me handsome xD)
The fairie I think that has perfect colors, only need to edit some things in the portrait. In the future I am going to continue my Tonberry King sprite, and for my game, I need to create a Vaan and Ashe sprite. Maybe the base would be FFXII RW.

Lijj

I'm not sure why the hair never got finished; but since it lacks texture it looks wrong. It's like Lego hair :(
Mobius! come finish it.
Look at the colors from the sprite reference sheet RFH.. your personal portrait is coming along well but even if your hair is pitch black it's still too dark to fit into FFT well.

Mobius

I'll see what I can do with this. In the meantime, there's some Spriting Commandments that could be applied here.

Give the commandments a try RFH. you won't be dissapointed.
Especially the second one.
Now everyone sit down, relax and have a good damned cup of tea.
Then go out into the forest and see the stars.

Then come back and realize it's pointless to be so worked up over what's meant to be our hobby.
That should be my motto here, holy s

Rfh

Well, this is a Vaan sprite converted from FFTA2 and FFXII RW:

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Taichii

i've realigned, repaletted and put in the portrait that you used into one of the japanese spritage..
maybe this'll be a better base?
Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"

GeneralStrife

needs alot of work lolz. But It might be salvageable.

Rfh

O.O Thanks Taichii, this is a very better base.

Jon

I'm not too sure about Vaan because I didn't play the FF he's in, but right now I think the colors blue and red make this sprite seem awkward. Actually I probably could help by making a recolor version of this, but right now I'm lazy. Simply desaturate this base and you'll probably be good to go.

Taichii

jon that's what i planned to do but my Photoshop crashes yesterday a lot XD

"Desperation"

Jon

Hmm, changing colors with Photoshop isn't such a great idea because it leads to weird bugs in Shishi, use the Palette Editor instead...

Taichii

no no XD
it has no problem with photoshop since it will only change its saturation :D and using this app, it wont affect the black and white palette.. it wont also add palette IF you click save XD

"Desperation"

Rfh

Today I find a simple magic knight in the forum. With this I repalette the PSP Dark Knight: (Need to elimine Trash Pixels and portrait palette)

Eternal

I feel like there's so many details on the sprite that a lot of them could be removed. That was the problem with the original sprite, IMO.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Jon

If you want to seriously crit Square Enix's Dark Knight it'll probably be tough. There are so many elements playing in the sprite. I think in general most FFT spriters on here and else where hated the Dark Knight, I don't totally hate it but I don't love it either. I think it looks like Vivi killed Steiner and stole his armor lol.

So I'll try to be neutral and hold back any personal feelings about the DK, the colors you chose Rfh are pretty decent. Its not too saturated. I think the yellows need to be changed since its not complimentry to teal, since red is green's opposite and orange is blues (green + blue = teal) I think a dark orange should be used (red + orange). Your call though. I have a feeling judging by the eyes you recolored this by hand and I'm wondering why? You can easily recolor with Palette Editor, so fast you'll be amazed. How did the eyes become teal?

Rfh

Better, now my head is similar to this portrait at 100% (with the pixel size of the game). The only problem is that I need one color more for the hair. When I have time, I'll rework and finish my tomberry king...

Kagebunji

You have way too little skin colors for this guy, since it's only 4, but I guess it's too late. Also, black are MUCH too dark, I did a quick edit so you can see how to improve it.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown