• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:26:38 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

SoySauceMaster

Thanks for the vids, Barren.

Wasn't expecting 267 damage from Kagesougi. What I really needed were damaging or healing reactions, and better item bots. I should have just cloned Virus in place of Bugs, and set better reactions on them all. Those fast ninjas didn't help, either. I'll wait until 1.38 to mess around with it again. GG doriantoki. PS- that Space Jam remix was great.

DomieV

I like the way the new squad functions...wanted to try something different and have the girls do the stick shoving ;) GG FFM, that was a fun match/

I now regret removing Reflect on my team :/

After seeing Quick Hit's performance I still think it has potential but I may need some advice on how to make it more effective. Otherwise for now I'm changing it back to what it once was

Fanatic

Wow. You crushed me. Awesome map, awesome build. I had no idea you could get crossbow damage that high! So high that it completely negated the whole concept of my team! You shot down my idea, dangit.

For the record, I want to show you though just how different that last battle could have gone if my monks just had a few more HPs, enough that you couldn't just OHKO them. At that point, Quarry and Healer become much more inviting targets! I may have to alter my team some more.

And thank you Barren for the awesome videos!

Final Fantasy Tactics Football Fracas [FFTFF] Link:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/197339-final-fantasy-tactics/57703092

SoySauceMaster

Thanks for the vids, Barren.

To be fair, that win was only due to Dol's team just spamming buffs. His team clearly out-damages mine; it just had bad AI. Thanks for the advice though, Barren. I found out, in my last battle, that Faith procs have no effect on Kagesougi with M-Guns. That's what I mostly designed this team to test for. Anyway, GG Dol.

Fanatic

February 04, 2012, 12:49:44 am #1165 Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 12:57:53 am by Fanatic
I revised my team, and I'm challenging formerdeathcorps' team Sniper to a rematch!

(I need to practice my commentary. Hope profanity doesn't offend anyone!)
Here it is!

Distraction II (Fanantic) vs. Sniper (formerdeathcorps)

Fanatic

I think my team is not going to undergo any further revisions. I am happy with its performance.

Here is another video, against CT5holy's team Playing With Fire. This team beat every previous incarnation I tested, and beat them soundly. This is the first test against my revised team. The previous version of my team they beat down was almost identical to this one, with the only difference being the ninja had a brigandine then, and has black costume now.

Distraction II (Fanatic) vs. Playing With Fire (CT5holy)

TrueLight

My Summoner & Wizard never really got in the fight due to the range attacks putting them down. Damage output from the Thief was terrible and the Mime was being a Mime. The Frog proc in round 2 sealed my loss. Overall, not enough damage output to take down those Chemists. GG SoysauceMaster.

Round 1 was horrible to watch. Round 2 was much closer, but my team got separated and the Bards did their thing (AOE). In the end, my team was too squishy and Koutetsu/Muramasa + Magic Attack UP = many deaths. GG Dol.
  • Modding version: PSX

Fanatic

Ouch. Not much to say here. Dol's team was better, and they proved it. My biggest weakness is I count on the evasion of my distraction unit to buy me turns, and FKA-PA was having none of that. Great match!

Great vids, Barren!

SoySauceMaster

Thanks for the vids, Barren! And welcome to hosting Arena, Fanatic!

Hmm. I was thinking MA would've played a bigger factor, because normal M-Gun attacks use MA. Now that I know it doesn't, I'll have to make better damage-dealers now. And I would rather have them more defensive, despite having item bots to rez me. I have revised my teams one last time, and merged them together into one. GG True Light

Nice defense, lol. GG Angelus.

SoySauceMaster

Thanks for the vids, Barren. Still having throat troubles? Hope it's not the flu or anything.
I was pretty scared after watching the first round. 2nd round, Kagesougi was a strange choice from my charmed archer, since it wouldn't do any damage without a weapon. The Frog proc was just the game trolling me. GG formerdeathcorps.

TrueLight

Dol's team never got close enough to use their fists due to sandbagging. My Mime actually had good positioning for once and I got some nice mimic spells/draw outs. GG Dol. 
  • Modding version: PSX

Dol

Good match between the two newcomers!  Look forward to new matches with revised/new teams!

Ow.  Bunching up like that wasnt something I anticipated.  It was a gimmick team anyways.  I'm considering revising it to something more dangerous though.

Love the 0 damage Blind.  At least he wasnt healing the enemy to inflict Blind!

Barren

Quote from: SoySauceMaster on February 07, 2012, 06:11:05 pm
Thanks for the vids, Barren. Still having throat troubles? Hope it's not the flu or anything.

I'm sure its nothing. Just that sometimes when I wake up my voice cracks a little which at times tickles my throat to the put were I'm coughing and sounds like I gradually lose my voice. I probably just need to drink water next time I do commentary. Thanks for your concern though.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Avalanche

Thanks Barren, its a lot more fun watching all these ai battles, when you have your own Team.

One thing i want to mention. I think the weapon-power of the elementel-guns should be adjusted, according to their actual dmg. due to the fact, that some skills use the mere weapon Power in their Formular and i think together with that high range and hit percentage its to strong. What do you think about that?

Barren

Well the Magical Gun Formula is [CFa/100 * TFa/100 * Q * WP]; Q = 16 : 60% of the time; Q = 20 : 30% of the time; Q = 24 : 10% of the time; Works as a magic spell with MA = WP (Quoting from the Master's Guide)

But yea the Blaze Gun, Glacier Gun and Blast Gun all have different WP rating which while might not noticeably any different in terms of damage but sometimes does affect your melee in the long run. As far as being it too strong, guns are meant for 100% accuracy anyways but when it use skills like Kagesougi from the Ninjitsu skillset with a gun it still has a chance to miss.

But given most of the time the damage formula is based off for example WP*PA this usually means the type of weapon you're using and usually guns will always have an edge over the other weapons because of range and higher accuracy. I think what I'm trying to say is guns have an advantage over all the other weapons in one way or another; at least sometimes because the only thing that can block gun shots are Projectile Guard reaction ability from the Archer class

Avalanche

Yes i didnt want to say that magic-guns are to strong.
I just think that using those guns are to strong with abilities that use Wp in their formular. Because in those cases, as far as i understand it, they dont care of the actual Formular of the Guns, just for the Wp.
And Guns have the highest Wp, eventhough their Wp, eventhough their normal-dmg is not so high. --> this is what i mean with discrepancy between actual dmg. and Wp. (which is fine).

Hope its clear what i mean.

Barren

I hear you, like even at 40 brave you can do over 200 damage with Kagesougi with a blaze gun like SSM's Archer. If you still feel that Magical Gun WP should be nerfed you can post that in the final check on bugs for the tournament topic. FFMaster is planning at some point to release 1.38 with the proposed changes anyways before we get underway with the tournament.