• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:30:56 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Luiakyn's(Omnir's) Sprites

Started by Luiakyn, March 19, 2014, 08:33:54 pm

Kagebunji

Yeah, I might had a deja vu or something. Anyway, keep it up man, looks promising :)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Luiakyn

I'm completely revamping Aquarius. His name is originally "Cherrub" in the PS version, and is a "water bearer" (though air affinity). So, I'm going with a Tengu sort(which seem to be associated with clouds, which bring rain/water), with a baby's head (To further associate with the air property, because of the "Cherubs", but also because when I heard "Water bearer", I thought of the womb.)

3lric

July 17, 2014, 11:19:48 pm #122 Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 12:27:11 am by Elric
You aren't imagining it Kage, that is indeed very close to a head from another old sprite. It might be that Japanese Ramuh, but I can't be sure, I'd have to look through them again but it definitely looks familiar :P

EDIT: Definitely not the Ramuh sprite, maybe it just reminds me of that old port that Smash made with the long beard and goggles.
  • Modding version: PSX

Luiakyn

Hmm, wow O.o

I wouldn't doubt it, actually. I don't remember using anyone else's sprite as a base, though :O

Also, might change "Zebbeb" (Cancer) -- someone noted that he's proper name would be "Zebub", as in "Ba'al Zevuv," or "Beelzebub". So I might make him more like the FFII sprite, or the like.

http://glabados.tumblr.com/lucavi

3lric

Oh, I'm not accusing you of that at all Lui :P

It is just a very familiar from something and we can't quite put our finger on it, BUT if it's something that stuck in our heads that
well than it must have been something good :) So you should take that as a compliment haha.

I am really loving all those Lucavi (though that mouth one frankly scares the shit out of me)

The Sagittarius is the four legged fellow, yeah? That one is awesome!
(Not too great with my Zodiac symbols other than my own of Taurus)

Luiakyn

Gotcha >: D I actually did take it as a bit of a compliment -- just was hoping it wasn't true :P

Update on Zebbeb(Cancer) and Cheraub (Aquarius):

3lric

Awww, I thought that crab people were better as they were

Luiakyn

I might stick with that, but Zebbeb is supposed to reference Ba'al Zebbeb, or Beelzebub.

But if you guys would rather the crab head :3

LastingDawn

Hmm, you might be confusing Cherubim with Seraphim (Seraphim have four wings) and using some interpretations of our commonly thought Cherub (little babies with wings) but ancient lore actually depicts them in a way that would work quite well for a Lucavi. A body of a beast, six wings, with the head of a man, lion, and a bull.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherub#mediaviewer/File:Ezekiel%27s_vision.jpg

A pretty good representation of a Cherubim. It seems that Matsuno may have thought that out pretty well after all.

The issue in this case might is that the Lion is already represented by Hashmalum and the Bull would be represented by Duma as I recall what you did. Granted it doesn't have to look like them at all.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Vanya

I second favoring the crab people over the Beelzebub reference. Besides, crabs/lobsters, as my friend likes to call them, are just sea bugs.

As for the Cherubim thing, don't forget they were described by Ezekiel as having four heads including an eagle. Since there are already a lion and bull present in other Lucavi, you could go the Eagle head in this case.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Luiakyn

Gotcha :P

I'll keep the crabby Zebbeb, and rework Cheraub. I'm reading that it's the Seraphim that surround God's throne, but the Cherub have 4 wings.

"Each of them had four faces and four wings, with straight feet with a sole like the sole of a calf's foot, and "hands of a man" under their wings. Each had four faces: The face of a man, the face of a lion on the right side, the face of an ox on the left side, and the face of an eagle. (Ezekiel 1:6-10)"

Vanya

I remember there was also a variation of the Cherubim, Islamic version I think, that is described as having 4 wings and pitch black skin with thousands of eyes of different sizes shapes and colors. (Somewhat similar to Argus from Greek mythology now that I think about it.)
It might be interesting to combine both versions of the Cherubim.
Could be nightmare fuel as would be appropriate for a Lucavi.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Luiakyn

I might try that :3 I'd been working on it, and...

Kagebunji

Haha, that's a creepy one. To be honest, whole design and idea of Cherub is f'd up, so getting into sprite will be hard as hell. Simplicity is always best, but in this case I don't know what to do, haha.

Luiakyn

July 21, 2014, 08:08:16 pm #134 Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 02:03:43 am by Luiakyn
Personally, I'm not excited with it -- I'll keep working on it.

Thanks guys for your support and comments >: D

Luiakyn

Small fixes -- I don't know how I like Cheraub

Kagebunji

Cheraub is looking good, given how his source describe him looking as. I mean, it's such a wild mix, that it is insane, haha. Good job on these. Centaur one is my favorite I think :)

Luiakyn

Awesome >: D
I might use him as the base for Ultima Weapon >.>

Gotta have Ultima Weapon.

Vanya

These are looking great!
Great work!
¯\(°_0)/¯

Snap006

They look awesome. I don't know if you are aware, but those names are based off of different demons in various lores. I have a book on demons and demonology if you would want some information or pictures on a particular demon that may help your spriting.