• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:17:28 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Job that can be changed

Started by Drunkard, April 21, 2016, 12:51:25 pm

Drunkard

I have been looking all over for the post that has all the jobs and which can be changed and how to change the ones like Archer. I know some are easily changed and some are more picky with what you can do. I've seen it before but cant find it now.

Jumza

Just think of the jobs that have strange requirements to activate their skills, or skills that are oddly uniform. Stuff like Chemists and Ninja's needing items to use their skills, or how Archers and Lancers have the charges and jumps.

Oh, and you can also just go into the action menu tab of the FFTPatcher.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

3lric

Drunkard

April 21, 2016, 09:40:07 pm #3 Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 10:38:23 pm by Drunkard
thanks guys
do you know the limitations for Mime and bard/dancer off hand?

- I found the link I was looking for, only took all day - http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=4868.0

Jumza

That information seems... Off.

QuoteSquire - Their JP/Learned table = all special jobs' JP table. If a  Squire has N abilities, the special jobs will show a maximum of N abilities.

Totally false. Even in vanilla Agrias (for example) has more abilities than a generic squire. Have you ever had trouble learning and using Holy Explosion?

QuoteChemist  - All skills become 00% and Weapon Range.
Geomancer - All skills become 00% and Weapon Range.
Lancer - All skills become 00% and Weapon Range.
Samurai - All skills become Range-3 AoE r1-v0 60% inflict Regen.
Ninja - All skills become 00% and Weapon Range.

Is this true? Can't you just edit the action menu stuff to <Default>?

QuoteThing about Calculators having slowed down effects~

There's an ASM that fixes that.

I would just take all this dated info with a grain of salt. *cough* 2010 *cough*
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Drunkard

ok, Thanks for the info. I've been going through the forums constantly but it's hard to know all that is ablt to be done when you cant undertand it all  :)

Angel

It would be nice if the wiki were actively maintained by more than one person. :/

Raijinili and Emmy have been a big help lately, but some info is very much known and not shared at all. Y'all need to take some time off and share your riches. I'd do it myself, but I'm always always always wrong when I do.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?