• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Re: ALL THE THINGS (ATT: A D&D RPG) - Let's get ready to rumble!

Started by Celdia, November 01, 2011, 06:21:40 am

Ryqoshay

"Mohhh..." the tiny sorceress scrunches her face up in frustration. Still flying backwards, she thinks for a moment. "Alright, fine. You c'n move it 'round, right?" She doesn't wait for the sentient rock to answer. "'Ow 'bout you jus' move it as I ask so I c'n see it? That way ya don' gotta loosen yer death grip too much."
Hurry down the chimney tonight.

NinjaWeazel

Xun raises an eyebrow quietly at the ranting Hogarth and shakes his head, saddened by her ignorance.  Perhaps one day he might be able to teach her something of the truth about magic, but now was not the time.  He quietly prayed that she was not the typical example of her people, lest all of his peoples stories about the grace and wisdom of the pointy-eared folk seem... mistranslated.

RavenOfRazgriz

Rhyhorn sighs and loosens his grip on his shiny orb slightly, spinning it slowly with his tongue so that the fey can look at it... ready to clamp his mouth down again at any moment should anyone try to move for it.

Ryqoshay

"Oooo... Ahhh..." Yvonne murmurs, watching the orb turn and admiring it. "I could watch this all day..." she decides, settling into a leisurely drift beside the plodding Rhyhorn. "So pretty..."

EmmaNigma

"Friend Rhyhorn" Hogarth says sternly. "If we are to not kill, that orb is not yours. Is Mr. Sparkle's. Remember."
I hope the junkyard a few blocks from here someday burns down, and I hope the rising black smoke carries me far away and I never come back to this town again.

RavenOfRazgriz

Rhyhorn makes no obvious sign of acknowledging the Barbarian besides a small "hmph"-ing sound that escapes his mouth through the shiny stone of amazement and continues his walk forward, his guard still heavily on the stone.

Kalas

"I bet that orb'd catch a fancier price than what Twinkles is paying us!" Nathalie scoffed, reinstating her anger against the smooth-tongued man, "He outwitted nearly all of you..and so easily!"

Ryqoshay

"Outwitted?" Yvonne blinks out of her complacency. "'ow?"

Kalas

"You all nearly jumped ass first into the den of mentally corroded cave dwellers without so much as payment or information and you only received such things because you had me," She explained, "I was the only skeptical person!"

Ryqoshay

"Bah!" Yvonne scoffs. "We did good. We got the things we needed ta get. Now all we gotta do is give 'em back ta Mr. Sparkle and get paid. Then we go on shopping spree! Good times. End a' story."

Kalas

"Mr. Sparkle can-look-but-not-touch my beautiful ass!" Nathalie grumbled, walking with great determination towards the town.

Ryqoshay

Yvonne laughs heartily. "You worry too much, ya know?" she gets in between guffaws. "Of course we *could* sell the treasures ourselves, bu' then 'e'd jus' send more guys after us. 'owever, if we give 'em back to 'im, we get a reputation fer doin' what we were 'ired ta do. Then we c'n get 'ired again easier. Fun times fer all. An' I get to cast more!" She moves her hands and arms around, poorly mimicking some complex conjuration. After a moment, a small flame leaps out from her index finger, only to flicker and die half a second later. The small sorceress barely notices.

NinjaWeazel

"That is excellent thought, fire spirit.  It only does us good to cultivate reputation of honor."  XUn does not point out that he has said this already, previously.  He is just surprised that one of the others managed to reach the same conclusion so quickly.

Ryqoshay

"Honor shmoner. I just wanna cast more." The fire sprite dismisses with a wave and another tiny flame. "But I don' wanna just waste my precious magicks on frivolous castings. I gotta have a target, ya know? An' the best way I know ta get more targets is ta get 'ired to get 'em. I's a win/win situation."

Kalas

"Honor is useless when one's money has been swindled," She explains "This guy is only using us to scavenge for his wares, he's not going to give us any benefits."

EmmaNigma

Hogarth can feel a headache coming on. The constant bickering of people has set her already diminutive patience at an end. "Wait until we get to town. Appraise first. See Mr. Sparkle after. Then ale and food and then more ale."
I hope the junkyard a few blocks from here someday burns down, and I hope the rising black smoke carries me far away and I never come back to this town again.

Ryqoshay

"He hired us ta get stuff." Yvonne turns her attention back to . "We got it. He's paying us. Wha's the problem?"

Celdia

Scene Shift

I'll probably go back and denote all those posts as the start of a new Scene. Let's fast-forward this back to the city, shall we?

After two days of uninterrupted travel back the way they came, the party returns again to the city of Tevinar. Arriving just before sundown, you manage to gain entry to the city-proper before the gates are closed for the evening. The streets are lit with oil lamps hanging high on poles that are moderately spaced down the main streets, casting dim light and flickering shadows in all directions. Even this late into the day though the streets are still a bustle of activity. There are people heading home for an evening meal, to a tavern for drinks and entertainment or towards the temples for an evening mass. Most reputable shops are closed by this hour but guildhalls and temples are still very likely open for several hours still. Of course, inns and taverns accept custom much later into the night.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Ryqoshay

"I wanna take a bath..." Yvonne says, tired from the day's journey and 'discussions' with her friends. "We shou' totally go back to tha' Silver Coin place. They're baths are awesome!"