• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:09:48 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Testers Report: Script

Started by Cheetah, September 04, 2009, 01:25:30 pm

Cheetah

September 04, 2009, 01:25:30 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
What is the script: All dialog found in all events, including battle tutorials, is considered the script. The script from the PSP version of the game was inserted into the PSX directly, except for the scenes in the PSP version that were FMV.

How to test the script: Play through the game and read all the dialog carefully. Comparing it to the actual PSP script as you go along is ideal to insure that a scene doesn't accidentally still contain the PSX translation. Things to look for:
-Chopped off text
-Weird characters in the text such as japanese
-Very odd formatting
-People saying another person's line

How to report errors in the script: Screenshots are always preferred. At the very least a direct quote of the dialog in question and what scene it is occurring in necessary. Post all script errors found in THIS thread.
Current Projects:

thi13en

September 23, 2009, 11:04:37 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by thi13en
This is what i found, i dunno if this suppose to be like this...

*on every page n it has some spanish :shock:*

Cheetah

September 23, 2009, 11:28:21 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Haha yeah that is a known thing and is because we haven't touched it yet. It isn't Spanish though, just random jumblings of letters. I'm glad to see someone has actually opened the books though. Look forward to the real deal once we start inserting Heian's translation.
Current Projects:

Dominic NY18

October 27, 2009, 10:21:44 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dominic NY18
Here's something I've come across. Agrias' response to the guard when the party reaches Lionel for the first time doesn't appear.

Guardsman: What errand brings you to Lionel?

Agrias: I am Agrias Oaks, a knight of the Lionsguard. My companions and I have
journeyed from Orbonne Monastery seeking sanctuary. By the grace of Saint
Ajora, I beg you, lay open your gate!

Guardsman: The graces of Saint Ajora are in the keeping of His Eminence here.
All who seek those graces are given like treatment - the gates of Lionel stand
open to them. Raise the gate!

The camera pans over to her after the guard's first line, but after about a second, it automatically pans back to the guard and the scene then continues as normal. Her lines are never said.

Cheetah

October 27, 2009, 11:44:18 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Oh wow an error, this is super exciting! I will check it out and report back in the near future.
Current Projects:

Cheetah

Quote from: "chobibo"Are the fixes done by melonhead already applied to the v50 downloadable patch? When I applied the patch from the download, the errors were still present. Anyways, thanks for the effort, I hated the psp version for the slowdown, this saves me from having a nerd rage lol.

EDIT: Missing Text Bubble
I think there is a missing text bubble on the battle of Sweegy Woods(Siege Weald), the one being of Gaffgarion. Gaffgarion looks at Ramza but no text bubble appears and I think he was trying to say something there. I'll try to get a screenshot.

It was the battle to save the chocobo, if that needs to be known.

I'm getting on these.
Current Projects:

ruwin

before the beginning of the battle with Hashmal, Vormav/Folmarv's lines are untranslated. other than that, i played the game through and found no inconsistencies with the PSP version's script.

Cheetah

Thanks for spotting this and fully playing the patch. I'm surprised that that that hasn't been spotted before.
Current Projects:

Hoxir

Well, I don't know if this is the right topic to post what I've seen, but well. Maybe someone already spotted this, but, when I cast a spell or another skill that sometimes has a chant, the char speaks the chant and immediatly it ends, leaving no chance for me to read it completely. Why?

Cheetah

We accidentally included the autoskip ASM hack for spell quotes. It will be removed for the next release. Thanks for the reminder.
Current Projects:

Nirek

Slightly offtopic, but what autoskip ASM would that be? Haven't seen it any of the asm threads. Would be handy to not have to edit out the delays in spell.mes anymore.

Cheetah

I think it is included in the standard set of Orgasm patches. Otherwise I believe Zodiac made it long long ago, so I'm not sure.
Current Projects:

Nirek

Not in any of the xml for 457 or 478, guess it got lost along the way. No luck in any of the links on the ASM board either.

Inzoum

Huh, so that's what's going on. I thought the guard's text was kind of weird, like "Hey, people, I don't know what you want but come in! our door's open to anyone wanting to visit/murder our VIP inside! We've got big walls and a big gate, but we'll open them to anyone anyway!"

Inzoum

After the batttle with Cùchulain The Impure at Lionel Castle interior, during Chapter 2's epilogue, the scene takes an unusually long time to move on after the whole text has passed. You get stuck with the knights riding chocobos on the battlefield for a good 45-60 seconds if not more before the scene ends (there's time enough for the music to loop over a few times).

If I remember correctly, the original English translation added a number of pauses during chapter text appearance in order to stretch out the text over the scene's duration (this was done in several similar situations in the worst back-assed way possible: adding pauses between letters on some lines). The new translation has a steady text speed throughout its appearance, but this leaves a lot of "unused" scene time at the end. It would be a good idea to either add pauses after every "page", adjust the text's appearance speed, or cut the scene earlier, whichever is easiest.

I rather like to be able to take the time to read when text auto-advances, so I'd actually be in favor of adding pauses between pages so they each stay on the screen longer.

Cheetah

That is interesting Inzoum, it certainly shouldn't be happening like that. I will have to look into it, thanks for the tip. Input advancing that kind of text isn't an option I believe, but the speeds should certainly be made to match.
Current Projects:

Dome

Where I can get the autoskip hack?

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Cheetah

Current Projects:

Dome

"Slightly offtopic, but what autoskip ASM would that be? Haven't seen it any of the asm threads. Would be handy to not have to edit out the delays in spell.mes anymore."

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Cheetah

If you are refering to what Inzoum is talking about, I belief he is just talking about the on screen text without dialog boxes. It is just how the text is coded in the events, not an ASM hack.
Current Projects: