• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:08:17 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Really loving the mod! Quick question on Blue Mage

Started by Grim, December 15, 2016, 02:07:00 am

Grim

Just started playing this mod and absolutely loving it, played the vanilla game and WotL so much! I was wondering there was a way to get a blue magic list? Want to put Rad to good use  :mrgreen:
  • Modding version: PSX

Celdia

Here's a full spoiler list for Rad's Blue Magic.

The skills and monsters you're looking for are:

Chocobo (Any) - Chocobo Cure
Elemental (Fire Elemenal) - Explosion
Skeleton (Darkest Knight) - Dark Wave
Lamia (Any) - Slavery Song

Tortoise (Any) - Critical Rush
Malboro (Worm Hydra or Malboro) - Bad Breath
Floating Eye (Plague) - Doom Gaze
Esper (Welkin) - Lightning Spirit

Ghost (Ghost or Wraith) - Haunt
Dragon (Earth Dragon) - Quake
Lucavi (Zalera) - Flare (Flare 2? I forget what its currently called in the patch)
Zodiac Beast (Serpentarius) - Zodiac

That's everything Rad can learn in no particular order.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Grim

Thank you! Cant wait to get them all!!!! Gonna make my mageknight unstoppable :D

Grim

Unlocked Ambi and was going to put it on my Vanquisher but it is grayed out and says "Job Specialty already set" not sure if its a bug or intended. Would love to dual wield on my Belmont :D

Neophyte Ronin

The Vanquisher is most likely the Ninja from Vanilla Tactics in terms of Job/Class replacements and the Ambidexterity Trait is also called Two Swords.  In the original Vanilla Tactics, Ninja cannot Set Two Swords because their Class already has them technically speaking; the programmers actually got rid of the ability for Ninjas to set something that was already Innate for them.  A workaround for that is likely something that doesn't even exist because FFTPatcher doesn't have the ASM that accommodates that (I doubt anybody has figured out a hack that does).

OdebaronBR

MogGuy

So I'm aware that this board is mostly dead, but I can't find my answer anywhere.

My Rad has been hit by Haunt in his base job as a Blue Mage at least a dozen times. Is there something I'm missing about learning Blue Magic?

Celdia

I never did get around to testing that the learn flags were properly set and functioned in game. its possible something might just plain not-work. As long as its set up right and he's being hit by an enemy monster, he should be able to learn it. Assuming it isn't putting him into a status that blocks learning. Not sure anything but Dead/Petrify stops that though.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

MogGuy

I figured it out. It sets "Curse", which blocks reaction abilities, and apparently the learning is flagged in the system as a reaction ability (which makes sense from a technical standpoint). So I taught him that Butler ability that sets immunity and learned it that way. Easy fix. But thanks for replying!