• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:01:07 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

[OLD] FFT - The Lion War Initial Discussion Thread

Started by 3lric, December 23, 2013, 11:36:50 pm

Jumza

I believe this has something to do with the game removing units and then placing them back without re-adding their initial or innate status'. You'd have to check in Vanilla as well to be sure though.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

BizzMar

What's the difference between this and the FFT: Complete patch? I mean, I read both posts and seem to try the same (make a PSX adaptation of the PSP additional content). Thanks in advance for your answers :D

PostScript: Just curious... does the word 'Antica' means something to Elric? Just wanna now if is he an old Elric I used to know from somewhere else :)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Always yours,
BizzMar.

3lric

Quote from: BizzMar on May 16, 2017, 04:50:40 pm
What's the difference between this and the FFT: Complete patch? I mean, I read both posts and seem to try the same (make a PSX adaptation of the PSP additional content). Thanks in advance for your answers :D

PostScript: Just curious... does the word 'Antica' means something to Elric? Just wanna now if is he an old Elric I used to know from somewhere else :)

No, that's not me. And this mod is completely different from FFT complete. I don't think you really read both threads.

BizzMar

Quote from: Elric on May 17, 2017, 12:18:05 am
No, that's not me. And this mod is completely different from FFT complete. I don't think you really read both threads.

If are not both patches about adding the PSP game content to the PSX game, what are the differences? You're not helping your project at all telling me "I don't think you really read the posts", but at least your answer tells me you're right: the Elric I used to know was a nice person, and you're not even polite :/

I'll wait for your answer; thanks in advance for it. I've read a lot here today. Farewell, sir.
Always yours,
BizzMar.

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: BizzMar on May 17, 2017, 01:47:25 am
If are not both patches about adding the PSP game content to the PSX game, what are the differences?

From the FFT: Complete board description:

QuoteThe PSP translation in the PSX version of the game, with many glitch fixes. This is meant to be the definitive version of FFT and a new starting point for new projects.

From the FFT: The Lion War opening post:

QuoteFinal Fantasy Tactics - The Lion War is a mod that attempts to add content from War of the Lions to the PSX version of Final Fantasy Tactics while keeping the original translation intact. This will also feature a few of the newer console friendly ASMs to increase fun factor and add more re-playability to the game we all know and love.

One adds the PSP translation to the PSX.  It does not add new content.  This patch adds PSP Content (such as insert scenes, new characters, basically anything that's not the new items or multiplayer functionality), but utilizes the PSX script / has the insert scenes re-written to be compatible with the PSX writing style.

He's saying he doesn't think you read both thread descriptions because they state rather straightforwardly what their objectives are.  One is for people who want the PSP script on the PSX, while the other is for people who want the PSX script but with the added PSP content.

3lric

May 17, 2017, 04:03:51 am #205 Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 04:50:11 am by Elric
If are not both patches about adding the PSP game content to the PSX game, what are the differences? You're not helping your project at all telling me "I don't think you really read the posts", but at least your answer tells me you're right: the Elric I used to know was a nice person, and you're not even polite :/

I'll wait for your answer; thanks in advance for it. I've read a lot here today. Farewell, sir.

All the info Raven stated above is correct, and very easily found, it's not hidden, you just did not fully read the threads.

Angel

the Elric I used to know was a nice person, and you're not even polite :/

So not friendly!

If you think that gently being told that you're wrong is impolite, you have a long road of pain ahead of you. Asking obvious questions and getting obvious answers in a matter of fact way isn't rude. The fact that you implied as much only invites harsher responses.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

BizzMar

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on May 17, 2017, 02:30:42 am
One adds the PSP translation to the PSX.  It does not add new content.

Thank you so much. This solved everything. I'd read wrong :)

Quote from: Angel on May 17, 2017, 08:46:24 am
If you think that gently being told that you're wrong is impolite, you have a long road of pain ahead of you. Asking obvious questions and getting obvious answers in a matter of fact way isn't rude. The fact that you implied as much only invites harsher responses.

I think it is very sad you say asking a question is being wrong, but that's only my opinion as a teacher; in other hand, things that are obvious for you may not be obvious for everyone else, and that could explain a lot about why "all the projects have lack of team" (or something like that, I don't even remember where I read it because I read a lot on this forums and a lot of tutorials yesterday). I mean, how to ask for a coffee in russian in a russian coffe shop may be obvios for russians, but it's not for me. I think you get me.

To finish my friendly exchange of opinion here because it's not what this thread was made for, saying I would get harsher responces implies I already got harsh responses, and that's not polite.

Have a nice day, sirs (incluiding Elric). Thanks for taking your time reading me.

Edit: typos everywhere xd
Always yours,
BizzMar.

Nyzer

QuoteI think it is very sad you say asking a question is being wrong

I don't think anyone here would say that asking a question is wrong. However, you asserted that you'd read "both threads" and the two different patches seemed to be the same - which is incorrect, as Complete was basically intended to do the opposite of TLW. Complete adds the script, not the events; TLW adds the events, not the script.

All Elric told you was that he didn't think you'd really read both threads. Maybe you skimmed over them; maybe you didn't read the right topics; I dunno.

You imply that's not how you would act as a teacher, but if one of your students approached you and said they didn't understand the difference between Lord of Flies and The Coral Island, you would quite rightfully think that they hadn't actually taken a good read of either book. I have no idea what subject you teach, so for clarification, while both books deal with a group of British boys stranded on a deserted island, Lord of the Flies is grimdark as all hell while The Coral Island is considerably more positive and adventurous. They're warped mirror versions of each other, and I think Lord of the Flies outright references that fact.

If the student giving that statement wasn't a young child, my personal response to them would be "yeah, you definitely didn't read the books, dude."

Quotein other hand, things that are obvious for you may not be obvious for everyone else, and that could explain a lot about why "all the projects have lack of team" (or something like that, I don't even remember where I read it because I read a lot on this forums and a lot of tutorials yesterday). I mean, how to ask for a coffee in russian in a russian coffe shop may be obvios for russians, but it's not for me. I think you get me.

Um, okay. But this has nothing to do with what you're saying there. You claimed you'd read the threads; you hadn't. There's a difference between someone asking "how do I order coffee in Russian?" and claiming "hey, I know how to speak Russian, but can anyone tell me how to order coffee in the language?"

Projects lacking reliable team members has almost nothing to do with the attitude of the project leaders; it's got more to do with people being unwilling/unable to help, despite offering to. Someone who can't cobble together a basic, minor vanilla mod (such as making Cloud OP) without help is going to be worse than useless on a bigger project such as Journey of the Five. Because trying to handhold people through all the baby steps of learning doesn't give good results.

We had a recent case where someone was learning to do events and showed decent promise; however, they used an outdated event configuration for weeks, despite being repeatedly told to upgrade to the newest one. That made it much harder to troubleshoot their work, given that some commands have been structured differently for years now. After multiple topics' worth of prompting, eventually being told by the experienced eventers that they weren't going to help anymore until they stopped using the outdated config, the newbie eventer just kinda dropped out of FFH entirely.

From the perspective of everyone here, that means that much of their advice was being ignored while the newbie eventer was actively making it more difficult for them to help. When we'd finally had enough of it and issued the "ultimatum" of simply not bending over backwards to help them anymore, they just quit, apparently.

This isn't a school. Nobody here is being paid to teach anyone anything. We aren't obligated to help people that don't/can't help themselves. You might not fall into that category, but saying "I read the thing" when you didn't read the thing is just going to get a "not even polite" response, and that's not the fault of anyone responding to you.

Quotesaying I would get harsher responces implies I already got harsh responses

... You're the one who implied it first, though?

BizzMar

Quote from: BizzMar on May 16, 2017, 04:50:40 pm

Quote from: Angel on May 17, 2017, 08:46:24 am
If you think that gently being told that you're wrong is impolite, (...)

Quote from: nyzer on May 17, 2017, 09:34:56 pm
I don't think anyone here would say that asking a question is wrong.

Say that again, please.

However, you asserted that you'd read "both threads" and the two different patches seemed to be the same - which is incorrect, as Complete was basically intended to do the opposite of TLW. Complete adds the script, not the events; TLW adds the events, not the script.

Thank you, but you came several hours late. My question was already answered gently by RavenOfRazgriz, who's not the leader nor the author of the project and seems to be more interested in make it known than Elric. I'm not complaining, I thanked you, but I'm just trying to say your post is full of unnessesary letters.

I have no idea what subject you teach, so for clarification, while both books deal with a group of British boys stranded on a deserted island, Lord of the Flies is grimdark as all hell while The Coral Island is considerably more positive and adventurous.

Could you please, tell me an universal (I mean, that everyone in the world would agree) definition of a hellish situation, of a positive situation and of an adventure? I'm pretty sure nobody can, so I don't think there is any obvious information about the relation or differences between this two books. If you really wanna know, I'm an early stimulation teacher. I teach children from 15 days to 4 years old to talk, to walk, to count and to think even when they never know nothing about the subject we'll talk about next class, and believe me, if I thought that "translation" in a modding and codding forum meant something about the code and nothing about the language (or anything it could mean because I believe there are official english version for both PSP and PSX), I have the right to do so, so it's not obvious. Nothing is obvious here for new comers. If I know nothing about modding and I asked a question about modding, and Elric doesn't want to answer questions, I preffer to be answered "I don't want to answer" than "You didn't read right" or "Read again".

I don't mind accepting being wrong, as you can see here:
Quote from: BizzMar on May 17, 2017, 02:19:28 pm
Thank you so much. This solved everything. I'd read wrong :)

... but I don't think being a new comer and ask something is being wrong. This could be completely discouraging for anyone who tries to help, and that's (or could be) the reason you don't have anyone to help. Summarizing, yes, it has a lot to do with my next point:

Projects lacking reliable team members has almost nothing to do with the attitude of the project leaders; (...)

As I said before, it has a lot to do with the attitude. If he didn't even help me to know what is his project about, I can't imagine myself asking him directly how to do anything. I haven't seen from him even the lowest interest in his very own project. I don't know how this promising guy was being told to update his tools, but if he was told "read again", I could perfectly understand why he left.

This isn't a school. Nobody here is being paid to teach anyone anything. We aren't obligated to help people that don't/can't help themselves.

You're so right here, nobody is paying nothing to none here for anything, but believe me when I say that are the very same reasons why if I begin a project here, I'll help anyone who shows any kind of interest for it to know it, to understand it, and to enjoy it, because even if this person is not willing to help me working in it, I hope this person will play it.

... You're the one who implied it first, though?

Noup. I only asked a question:)

------------------------------

I rather think you're defending Elric because he is your friend than only because you can take advantage of the social acceptance (I mean, you have more posts than me, you know?), so... I'll advice everyone here again to leave this dialogue here, that's nothing about the project.

Good night. Love to all of you.
Always yours,
BizzMar.

3lric

Actually, Raven IS the co-leader of TLW, lol

The TLW team is

Elric
Raven
Xifanie
Angel
Others im forgetting that helped along the way.

I started the project and ported all events. Raven did all the world map and attack.out work, Xifanie setup NG+ and Angel did the title movie and the psp to PSX text. This is all in this thread...

BizzMar

May 18, 2017, 12:34:59 am #211 Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 01:07:04 am by BizzMar
Quote from: Elric on May 18, 2017, 12:32:38 am
Actually, Raven IS the co-leader of TLW, lol

Are you laughing at me? Is that obvious too? ;p Great administrator we have here: very friendly.
Co-leader isn't leader nor author, as I wrote, and he is showing more interest on getting people interested on the project; shame on you! ;p
You don't seem top be very smart, sir, but I won't judge you only by this post:)

Edit: I just wanna highlight that the quoted message was the whole message when I quoted it. I just noticed (half an hour later) that he added the staff later, but the original post was nothing but a mock attempt.
Always yours,
BizzMar.

BizzMar

Always yours,
BizzMar.

3lric

Yes, I'm laughing at you, because he has just as much to do with this mod as I do. Co leader actually DOES imply that he is the author of this mod, just as I am. The fact that I made the original post bares no relevance on who the project is run by.

But, I see we will not agree. Everyone else here seems to understand what was actually going on, just not you. I simply stated that I did not think you read the threads pertaining to the two mods in question, which has clearly proven true.

I really don't think you want to start questioning intelligence at this point.

Nyzer

May 18, 2017, 12:13:00 pm #214 Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 12:32:41 pm by nyzer
QuoteSay that again, please.

Wow, are you serious right now? Your initial question had an assumption with it; you were told that your assumption was wrong. You were not told that asking questions is wrong. Tone down your victim complex.

QuoteCould you please, tell me an universal (I mean, that everyone in the world would agree) definition of a hellish situation, of a positive situation and of an adventure? I'm pretty sure nobody can, so I don't think there is any obvious information about the relation or differences between this two books.

Okay, this is dumb. Really dumb. You don't even know what you're talking about, but you're trying to bullshit your way through it. You could easily go and look up a synopsis of the two books to realize the sheer difference between them, but since you seem to find the idea of fact-checking to be too complex to manage, I'll lay it out for you.

The Coral Island has three protagonists who manage to carve out an initially fairly peaceful living on their deserted island. At a few points, they get involved with villains, which does lead to some death and other awful consequences, but the three protagonists remain alive and healthy the entire time, saving more than a few lives, making new friendships, and eventually gaining the means to return home.

Lord of the Flies has a much larger group of children stranded on an island. Initially, they start out like the boys in The Coral Island. For like three weeks. Then one of the kids, a deranged psychopath, manages to bully and kill his way to the top, which ends up with almost all the kids going nearly feral and turning on each other, which causes the entire island to be set on fire. A navy ship is drawn to the island by the smoke, but by this point the surviving kids are all scarred for life, and even the last sane one laments the loss of all their innocence in the closing paragraph.

The former is an adventure about overcoming obstacles and evil, with a happy ending where the boys sail home after having made friends with the local native tribes of nearby islands. The latter is about the inherent stupidity and evil of human beings, even as children, and the final protagonist is only spared a grisly death at the hands of the other schoolchildren by the deus ex machina arrival of the navy.

The fact that you're even trying to go "well they might not be so different depending on personal interpretation"... stop, just stop. You're making yourself look even worse than before.

QuoteIf I know nothing about modding and I asked a question about modding, and Elric doesn't want to answer questions, I preffer to be answered "I don't want to answer" than "You didn't read right" or "Read again".

Dude, what? You'd prefer it if someone pulled passive-aggressive bullshit on you that isn't even slightly helpful, instead of informing you that you must have missed/misread something?

.... why?

QuoteI don't know how this promising guy was being told to update his tools, but if he was told "read again", I could perfectly understand why he left.

Again, stop trying to weigh in on subjects you clearly know nothing about. It just makes you look foolish.

QuoteAs I said before, it has a lot to do with the attitude. If he didn't even help me to know what is his project about, I can't imagine myself asking him directly how to do anything.

His attitude was suitably matched to yours. You claimed to have read the topics about the two mods; you clearly hadn't. If you walk into McDonald's, head up to the front counter, look up at the menu featuring Big Macs, and then go "oh, Burger King sells Big Macs now? How are they?" you're going to get a major wtf look from all but the most seasoned customer service veterans, and they'll probably tell you "uh, this... this is McDonald's" in a tone of voice that suggests they're questioning your intelligence (or at least sobriety).

The answers were freely available to you in the topics you claimed to have read. And, well, you know what they say about the difference between giving a man a fish for a day or teaching them how to fish. We don't really need another random user running around necroing old topics for dead mods because they can't be bothered to actually read the topics, which is the logical expected progression here.

QuoteI haven't seen from him even the lowest interest in his very own project.

The hell are you basing that on, other than being butthurt that you weren't immediately spoon-fed the answer to your question when it was available in the topics you yourself claimed to have read?

QuoteYou're so right here, nobody is paying nothing to none here for anything, but believe me when I say that are the very same reasons why if I begin a project here, I'll help anyone who shows any kind of interest for it to know it, to understand it, and to enjoy it, because even if this person is not willing to help me working in it, I hope this person will play it.

So if you had a topic about your hypothetical project, and someone claimed to have read the topic, but asked you what it did anyway - you'd just keep repeating yourself every time it came up?

There's not a lot of patience here for someone lying about what they've done, which is exactly what you did - whether deliberately or not. You seem to see that as a failing, and ... well, let's play the devil's advocate here and say maybe it is. But I'd say that pulling your entitled victim complex crap here is much more antagonistic and unproductive than Elric's initial response to you.

QuoteNoup. I only asked a question:)

No. I guarantee you that Angel doesn't think Elric's first response to you was "harsh", but you made it clear as day that you do. She tried to warn you that if you don't like that reply, you're not going to like the ones you'll get by acting up about it. To which your response was to imply that she clearly thinks he was being harsh.

No. He was blunt. But you, apparently, can't handle a blunt response without getting a victim complex about it, which no one here is willing to tolerate.

QuoteI rather think you're defending Elric because he is your friend than only because you can take advantage of the social acceptance (I mean, you have more posts than me, you know?)

Please. He's fully capable of defending himself, even with having had one of his fingers eaten by an acid spill. I'm addressing you because I find your attitude appalling. Instead of admitting that you must have missed something and dealing with the situation like a mature adult, you deliberately made it personal.

If I wanted to be a kissass, I'd be doing it in private chat, as opposed to going out of my way to address you directly.

Quoteso... I'll advice everyone here again to leave this dialogue here, that's nothing about the project.

"because after starting the entire issue with a personal attack, I want to have the last word on it". Sorry, chuckles, that ain't gonna fly here.

DanteS

Oh well, one day I would like to have the patience of yours to answer morons... congratulations Nyzer, respect ++ xD

Seperest

Is this patch still being worked on, or ever released? Been looking forward to it for like 3 years now, lol.

Bonesy

if they had a nickel every time some entitled bastard like you posted crap like that Elric would never need to work a job again
  • Discord username: Bonesy#9386

Seperest

Bonesy, go troll some other site. You're not gonna bait an argument here ^.^

Bonesy

I'm sorry but I'm sick of posts on Romhacking projects (especially on places like GBATemp) with people going WEAR HACK GIB HACK PLIS.

And that's exactly what you sound like.
  • Discord username: Bonesy#9386