• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:12:16 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

[OLD] FFT - The Lion War Initial Discussion Thread

Started by 3lric, December 23, 2013, 11:36:50 pm

Boco

OH MY GOD! THANK YOU XIFANIE AND ELRIC!

Hey Elric are you still going to use that sprite I made? I feel embarrassed about how it is my first sprite and wondered if you could request what you wanted more in-depth from a dark knight sprite for Rad or onion knight sprites for Lavian and Alicia? I would like to restart fresh and make something quality. Unless you are satisfied with it. Or maybe one of the more experienced spriters have ideas? Perhaps a collaboration?

MTCruvinel

Will Ultima II and All-Ultima become Ultiga and Ultija?

Pride

Quote from: MTCruvinel on December 16, 2014, 12:59:14 pm
Will Ultima II and All-Ultima become Ultiga and Ultija?

God I hope not
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

kyozo22

Quote from: Pride on December 16, 2014, 02:00:12 pm
God I hope not

You bastard. I was just about to post that. :P

Yeaaah, Ultiga and Ultija are worse than WotL skillnames. :s

And no, I don't make that comparison lightly.
  • Modding version: WotL

Eternal

Unfortunately, Ultiga -is- a canon name for upgraded Ultima. :(

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Ultiga
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

DuMa_GaMeR

Quote from: Eternal on December 16, 2014, 10:47:04 pm
Unfortunately, Ultiga -is- a canon name for upgraded Ultima. :(

Yeah, sure... But it still sounds like shit.  :lol:
I may get it from the first time.
Or maybe not.

But Eventually, i'll surpass everyone's expectations...

3lric

Which is why I won't call it that

Timbo

Are you guys going to fix gameplay issues like the oil and holy sword bugs?
  • Discord username: Timbo

3lric

This is the -VERY LAST TIME- I'm gonna say this is a base patch. We aren't fixing -ANYTHING- besides text errors. Our goal was NEVER to fix things... The goal (as you know since you were there when i started it) of this patch was to add the WotL events and characters as well as NG+. This isn't a mod of vanilla, this is an addition.

This is a BASE PATCH. Whoever uses the patch can fix whatever they want.

LastingDawn

Thanks for the heads up on an update Elric. It is interesting to see you putting in Tales-esque game bonuses for FFT and making New Game+ a rather different experience. My only fear is that FFT is rather easy as it is and I understand this is meant to be a base patch, but are there any thoughts to include a "hard mode" unlock like some Tales games have to make the new toys you're getting feel a little more relevant?
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Xifanie

Did you even read his last post?

Also, Tales-eque? Toshiko said it was Disgaea like... I say it's xifi-style.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Angel

Note: This is in response to a post that was deleted while I was typing this up. I'm keeping my reply here, though, because it still stands true.

Luso is arguably the worst part of WotL, for a multitude of reasons. Unlike the other additions, Luso makes the game worse, not better. It was just an executive decision to go with another Ivalician character that wouldn't ruin the ebb and flow of the game by mindlessly neutering the main character.

Your argument is not invalid, though. There's a lot that's been done that isn't strictly (or remotely) a WotL parallel. There's a lot that goes quite a bit further than 'base patch'. Nothing that isn't easily removed, of course, but we still hope for it to be well-received in the end. It mainly came down to dreams and aspirations coupled with a need for visibility. If it was just WotL de-WotL'd, it wouldn't be nearly as interesting or catch as much attention, but we still wanted the base experience to be as close to vanilla as feasible. That's the reason the list of fixes is so short compared to the additions (the biggest of which is post-game, after all, leaving the initial experience touched as little and as gingerly as can be).
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Jumza

Ah, I see :) I suppose what everyone's been saying all along has been true anyway. If you don't like it when it get's released, change it.

Still, with that long list of additions you have to expect some people to make  wish-list's of their own. (Though that's been going on since page 5, I don't know how people are missing the memo :P)

Did my other post really need to get deleted? It was just an observation.
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

DuMa_GaMeR

Quote from: Jumza on December 17, 2014, 08:37:11 pm
(Though that's been going on since page 5, I don't know how people are missing the memo :P)

Sometimes, people just see(or read) what they want. Even i do it sometimes  :lol:

Btw, I'm totally with Toshiko about Luso...

Luso is a complete waste of space in the formation screen. Just a market play, really.

Ashley Riot tough, he is sooooo much more cool and stylish, it will be awesome to play with him  ;)...
But with it, comes a little question... Sorry if someone already asked it but, will Ashley Riot have a unique skillset? or is it going to be the same as a generic(or a little different)?

Please don't mind me if it was already answered, i really didn't see nothing about it yet...

Still excited for the patch! Almost can't wait *-*
I may get it from the first time.
Or maybe not.

But Eventually, i'll surpass everyone's expectations...

Shintroy

How many units will be allowed in the formation?
Some day my people will be free.

3lric

However many you could originlly have in the PSX + 4

LastingDawn

Quote from: Xifanie on December 17, 2014, 03:02:59 pm
Did you even read his last post?

Also, Tales-eque? Toshiko said it was Disgaea like... I say it's xifi-style.

I did read the last post, hence why I said; "I understand this is meant to be a base patch". The previous post mentions Fixing Things, it never once mentions the pre-requisites for anything else that may be added to New Game +, hence my curiosity, but the response seems to be that no, there is no plan to add in a hard mode.

You have to be a bit softer in your tone, otherwise you risk driving people away.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Angel

Quote from: LastingDawn on December 18, 2014, 12:35:33 amYou have to be a bit softer in your tone, otherwise you risk driving people away.

I've been saying this for years, and it's been its own little mini-drama machine. We all have our weak moments, myself included. We all say things when we shouldn't, how we shouldn't. We're all going through tough times (I don't wish to speak on my own publicly, and I'm sure the sentiment is extended to my other fellow admins), and sometimes the situation just gets the better of us. We're human.

I've said this before in the past, but our wish isn't to drive anyone away. Sometimes we just get sick of answering the same question every single day. Or maybe it's just that one question that answers itself if you look on the second page of the relevant forum. Other times... if we respond harshly, it's because we want to challenge you. We do not seek anyone to fail; we challenge everyone to succeed beyond what they felt capable of. I try to point out as often as possible that if we sound jaded, it's because we are. It doesn't mean we think we're better than you, it just means that we want to see you try. We've all been around through a lot, and seen some shit, as it were. We've seen releases that say outright that you'll need a Gameshark, because they can't be bothered to balance anything. We've seen releases that literally cannot be completed because who cares about testing? We aren't abrasive because we hate you, we're abrasive because we care. Elric is one of the squishiest, most supportive people I know, but we all go through our hard times.

Also, it's 2am, and the second night in a row I've been up at 2am after very little sleep and unable to get back to sleep. If I sound insane, it's because I am.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Boco

Okay, I worked on the Dark Knight Rad sprite. I used Gafgarion's armor with the Squire's head. Rad just isn't Rad without his trademark squire sprite head, which is why I opted in this direction for the new sprite. Rad and Gafgarion should look quite the pair while strolling nonchalantly into Orbonne Monastery!

I also put together a portrait, a special mix of Squire, Gafgarion, and Priest, and it is an improved look from Rad's original squire portrait. He's sporting a bit of a haircut, a bronze chestplate and Squall Leonhart-esque fur scarf, and has this spiritually-aloof look befitting those who wield the darkest of blades.

I'm uploading a .png file for a preview, and a .spr file so you don't have to convert it yourself through Shishi Editor. 16 colors total. This is my best and most complete work so far, so I decided I'd put my own signature on it as a seal of my own approval. Hope you find use of it for this patch, enjoy!

Choto

I have to be honest, I'm a bigger fan of the other one than this one. Mostly because Gafgarion's armor is so notable. If this one is pursued over the other, I would highly suggest making some alterations to his armor to make it less Gafgarion like, a palette swap, or both.

Sorry to be a downer :( I do, however, like the idea of keeping the trademark squire head