Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed. Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: July 16, 2018, 09:43:05 PM 
Started by Nax - Last post by Nax
I understand the frustration. I've lurked over this forum for years before registering, and I've certainly seen a fair share of people wanting to do WotL, before being discouraged by the lack of proper tooling (except for patcher). That's part of why I joined :)

on: July 16, 2018, 04:28:59 PM 
Started by Nax - Last post by Angel
I'm all for people actually working on tools for WotL. You will never know the frustration of ten years worth of trying to explain to every single new user why their hopes and dreams for modding WotL can't come true with mouse clicks. Ten years of trying to explain that they would have a much easier time if they just used the PSX version. Ten years of them stubbornly refusing to touch PSX, and then disappearing when they realize we weren't lying.

I won't hate on this at all. Keep it up, and I hope it pans out.

on: July 16, 2018, 02:55:07 PM 
Started by Mrfuzzy - Last post by Nyzer
All I can do is point you at the Tutorials subsection of the Help forum here. "Everything" is way too broad.

on: July 16, 2018, 11:47:09 AM 
Started by Rfh - Last post by Benalio
a unit, an unit. White flame in particular was an area of effect spell. But you are right. google using both a and an freely. The former just sounded more right to me.
Thanks for the quick reply

on: July 16, 2018, 09:49:04 AM 
Started by Rfh - Last post by DeSgeretjin
1. This ain't an error. In fact your sentence was in error.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/an

2. This is amazing and I have no clue what could cause this.

on: July 16, 2018, 05:06:58 AM 
Started by Nax - Last post by Quantumpencil
Obviously a bit of hyperbole there, but there are some considerable advantages of this approach(allocating new memory at run-time/loading functions there and relocating the games original routines) over any tool that patches the actual ISO

By allocating new memory for mods at run-time and re-pointing WotL's original routines, essentially any function in the game can be replaced without having to try and manually "fit" the ASM into the same space or jump around between subs to use the padding space.

It also means new weapons, enemies, items, or formulas etc can be added to the game without destroying old ones and without having to patch the ISO at all (other than the original patch needed to load chantage) as the in memory structs containing their associated data can be re-located at run-time and extended.

Moreover with a map of the original games routines (currently a WIP, but all of the formula routines and most of the one dealing with items I've disassembled, and Nax ahs hit a lot of the graphical/AI code) a high-level programming API can be built around this procedure; methods for doing things like adding an item or an enemy can be re-usable function calls depending on core chantage utils that accept their parameters, relocate the relevant struct inside memory and add the resulting items/formulas/enemies to the struct.

on: July 16, 2018, 04:22:58 AM 
Started by Nax - Last post by Elric
RIP PSX?

I kinda doubt it. Maybe when all existing tools and ASMs work on the PSP version locations, but even then...

Cool concept though

on: July 16, 2018, 04:14:58 AM 
Started by Leonarth - Last post by Leonarth
Hello, everyone.
I have been romhacking for quite a while now, but I just recently took intereset in hacking FFTA, about two or three weeks ago.
FFTA was a game I played a ton as a kid so I have affection for it, I was susprised to find out there isn't much for it in the way of tools, though the AIO editor is pretty cool.

I have been poking at the game with an edited version of Event Assembler that a friend from the Fire Emblem hacking community put together and the old trusty debugger that totally never crashes for no reason: making adding text easy, documenting event opcodes and making EA raws for them to make event editing a breeze, taking notes on tables and structures...

Today I finished making a script to turn Tiled .tmx files into insertable maps.
(the bush going over the characters took me a while to get right, in fact it took 4 of the 5 days...)

I don't think any of the tools are ready to be shared yet, but I figured I would share a video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvEi2GKnPUc

And here you can check what the maps are like in Tiled:

I still haven't found a good solution for making height maps so for now I make them by hand, if you guys have any ideas please let me know.

on: July 16, 2018, 04:08:18 AM 
Started by Mrfuzzy - Last post by Mrfuzzy
Btw i want to learn everything about pallets and image changing and everything related to sprite changing, because i don't know jack shit, im sorry really
i appreciate the feedback though !!!!

on: July 16, 2018, 03:55:01 AM 
Started by Mrfuzzy - Last post by Mrfuzzy
thanks for replying, yeah so its been more than a year since ive tried doing it myself, although I didn't get very far

so to be quite honest with you guys, im more of a visual learner than I am taking verbal instructions
when I watched the video on youtube, there were certain words I didn't understand or did not know exactly what he was referring to
and when he was trying to demonstrate an example, he would refer to things he didn't introduce at the beginning of his video, technically assuming I understood other aspects of shishi.

i was hoping there was an updated video
, and look if you arent looking to help and just to throw a condescending comment my way please just save it. i know most of you peeps are on another level when it comes to hacktics but anyone willing to help, this chocobo would appreciate it thanks fellas and ladies

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10