• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:31:38 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

When Do You Scrap A Team

Started by reinoe, February 24, 2014, 02:29:34 am

reinoe

So after debating with myself, I decided to scrap my SCC Bard team after just one match (a loss).  Even though the team got a victory in one round even though it lost the match I decided to scrap it.

I decided to eliminate the team because the amount of work to "correct" it would be too pro-longed.  In order to fix the team I would have had to change too much of what I was trying to do.  I've never completely scrapped a team after one match, especially since "Shakesperean Theatre Companee" one a round: most of my teams never do that well in the initial match.

Sometimes I'll do revisions on a team until it's unrecognizable from it's initial form.  It depends on how determined I am to make a theme work.  Like how my "Les Liaisons Dangereuses" team   morphed into my "Shadow Of The Colossus" team.  Or how my original "speed savers" team eventually morphed into my competently strong "Windchill Factor".

For example, my "Tanqz" team has now lost two matches without winning a single round but I'm not even close to scrapping them.  But Tanqz is my first defensive team, and I really want them to work.

In total I think I've only scrapped two teams, and the bard team is one of them. 
My dreams can come true!

CT5Holy

Well, I send my teams on an extended vacation if they're
1. utter garbage (most likely reason)
2. really outdated (a couple of my teams on vacation are from the first few months of FFT Arena)
3. too lazy to revise and team might not be good enough (might be 2nd most likely reason). Reason #2 is kinda like a subset of this reason haha

Speaking of revisions though, Do Not Disturb has had 3 drastically different forms - different enough to be considered different teams. I guess I liked the name =P
The first version would be completely outdated though at this point.
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

TrueLight

I usually scrap a team if it starts getting "old" or I feel it just isn't getting the job done. I may make some edits here and there, but I rarely make giant overhauls to teams just because I'm that lazy. I still keep all my old teams in a save file if I ever need to refer back to them.
  • Modding version: PSX

Barren

I would go with if it loses too many matches and/or the idea is just not good then I would scrap it
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Reks

1: If I don't feel comfortable with the setup

2: If it's TOO similar to another team of mine

3: If it's a blatant copy of somebody else's team. Not against a few similarities, but if it pulls more than 3 units that are very nearly the same then something went wrong somewhere. At least, to me it did.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Otabo

5 main reasons I scrap a team:

1) I just don't like their overall performance.
2) If they can't win matches even against poorly constructed teams.
3) When I have no idea of how to improve the team.
4) I stop caring about the team in general/not worth the time to fix it.
5) When I reach my limit of teams. I cap myself to a limit of 20 teams (right now I've got 19.)