• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:40:18 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Total Request ASM: All armor replaced by shoes

Started by pokeytax, January 02, 2011, 10:16:01 am

RandMuadDib

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on September 11, 2011, 03:08:17 pm
It uses the x80 part of the Jump Byte, not a Jump of 80

Sorry that's what i meant i should have been more specific.
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

pokeytax

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on September 11, 2011, 05:55:42 am
1. I noticed a bit of space between where the male and female beginning gear and such is.  What goes there?  I assume it's related to Level / Brave / Faith, but some explicit knowledge would be nice, especially so I can add it into my Spreadsheets if its anything worth editing.

I think it's just the pre-raw stats.

how to edit which units have the Stepping Stone trait?

Like RMD says, FFTPatcher can do this - look at the Morbol job. It has Jump of 131 (0x80 + 3).

It seems like you could just replace the Defend skillset with another skillset, and tell ALMA to grant that skillset instead of 02 Defend? I know not everyone wants to use ALMA but I don't know an easy way to do what you're asking.

I dunno how to fix Teleport, because even if I tacked on the confirm it seems likely it would permit cancelscumming for 100% success.
  • Modding version: PSX

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: pokeytax on September 11, 2011, 04:54:41 pm
I think it's just the pre-raw stats.

So it is, I just checked.  OK.

Quote from: pokeytax on September 11, 2011, 04:54:41 pmLike RMD says, FFTPatcher can do this - look at the Morbol job. It has Jump of 131 (0x80 + 3).

Hah, never noticed.

Quote from: pokeytax on September 11, 2011, 04:54:41 pmIt seems like you could just replace the Defend skillset with another skillset, and tell ALMA to grant that skillset instead of 02 Defend? I know not everyone wants to use ALMA but I don't know an easy way to do what you're asking.

Use Generic Skillset Fix, make Defending reference Basic Skill, make Defend contain a skill that's 100% self-defending at 0 JP / 100% Learn Rate /etc.  Weeee.

Quote from: pokeytax on September 11, 2011, 04:54:41 pmI dunno how to fix Teleport, because even if I tacked on the confirm it seems likely it would permit cancelscumming for 100% success.

True enough.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Random ideas, tell me how useful they seem to you.

*Weapon ability procurement rate = (stat)/100 OR (stat)/??? OR something like that.  Maybe you could make it referense whatever stats power that weapon types attack.  SP, PA, MA, or a combonation of them.

*Does excess CT roll over (when your speed gives you, say, 107 CT, but the game defaults to 100)?  Should it roll over?

*Should excess experience roll over?

*Rework Gained EXP UP and Gained JP UP:
**Make spillover JP take these abilities into account.
**R/S/M abilities that balance bonuses with penalties.
**JP Bonus
***Increase JP gain to 3/2, decrease Exp gain to 1/2
**Exp Bonus
***Decrease JP gain to 1/2, increase Exp gain to 3/2

**Change Max HP calculation for each class to (PA * (x))*(Class HP Multiplier)
**Change Max MP calculation for each class to (MA * (y))*(Class MP Multiplier)
**Change Class evasion calculation for each class to (SP * (y))*(Class SP Multiplier)

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: Pickle Girl Fanboy on September 12, 2011, 11:12:39 amWeapon ability procurement rate = (stat)/100 OR (stat)/??? OR something like that.  Maybe you could make it referense whatever stats power that weapon types attack.  SP, PA, MA, or a combonation of them.

Sounds like you could just modify Pride's Weapon Proc Hack (and Secondadvent's Critical Hack) if you wanted something like this.  Probably set the XA by Weapon Type and have that as an extra editable bit.

Quote from: Pickle Girl Fanboy on September 12, 2011, 11:12:39 amDoes excess CT roll over (when your speed gives you, say, 107 CT, but the game defaults to 100)?  Should it roll over?

It does not, but I wouldn't mind it doing so.  I doubt its possible though.

Quote from: Pickle Girl Fanboy on September 12, 2011, 11:12:39 amShould excess experience roll over?

Doesn't seem worth it, given how the experience system works.  The only thing it'd really do is make grinding a Level 1 up to Level 50 when the rest of your party is 50 a bit faster, and you can replicate that by just making Experience Boost at 0 JP cost on Squire available.

Quote from: Pickle Girl Fanboy on September 12, 2011, 11:12:39 am**JP Bonus
***Increase JP gain to 3/2, decrease Exp gain to 1/2
**Exp Bonus
***Decrease JP gain to 1/2, increase Exp gain to 3/2

So Experience Boost, a skill not worth using, gets even worse, and JP Boost gets even better.  Huh?

Quote from: Pickle Girl Fanboy on September 12, 2011, 11:12:39 am**Change Max HP calculation for each class to (PA * (x))*(Class HP Multiplier)
**Change Class evasion calculation for each class to (SP * (y))*(Class SP Multiplier)

This... sounds like a terrible idea.  You're essentially taking FFT and making it have even less stats than it already does by making 3 stats dependent on 3 different ones.  High damage units automatically either have high mana pools to avoid manascrew or high HP to tank like hell while also doing their tons of respective damages.  Obviously, this is why you had constants involved too, but if you need to use low constants for high stat classes and high constants for low stat ones anyway... you're defeating the purpose and may as well stick with the Vanilla setup.

I see no advantage to this kind of change is all, myself.

pokeytax

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on September 12, 2011, 07:34:56 pm
It does not, but I wouldn't mind it doing so.  I doubt its possible though.

I thought that it did? While Quick grants 255 CT but does not grant 2.5 turns, it has special coding, AFAIK.

I'm interested in a broad EXP/JP hack that would allow what you said on Gained JP Up/Gained EXP Up, plus maybe multiple level-ups per action plus overflow.

I considered coding some Supports that did things like set PA to HP/30, but it's pretty niche.

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: pokeytax on September 12, 2011, 08:02:48 pm
I thought that it did? While Quick grants 255 CT but does not grant 2.5 turns, it has special coding, AFAIK.

Maybe it does, I forget, honestly.

Quote from: pokeytax on September 12, 2011, 08:02:48 pmI'm interested in a broad EXP/JP hack that would allow what you said on Gained JP Up/Gained EXP Up, plus maybe multiple level-ups per action plus overflow.

Is there really enough use for something like that in the game, though?

Quote from: pokeytax on September 12, 2011, 08:02:48 pmI considered coding some Supports that did things like set PA to HP/30, but it's pretty niche.

That sounds like something ALMA would handle if anything, honestly, lol.

RandMuadDib

I can't imagine getting the 100+ xp needed in a single action for multiple levelups, since xp is not based on defeating enemies but rather all actions.

pokeytax

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on September 12, 2011, 08:14:41 pm
Is there really enough use for something like that in the game, though?

To be clear, I'd still personally trash Gained JP Up and Gained EXP Up, which I don't think can be saved. But if you attach them to passive toggles that don't require an equip slot, I think there's room for something like an zero-EXP effect for low-level playthroughs, or toggles that accelerate the JP grinding that 50% of the playerbase is going to do as soon as humanly possible.

Quote from: RandMuadDib on September 12, 2011, 08:30:21 pm
I can't imagine getting the 100+ xp needed in a single action for multiple levelups, since xp is not based on defeating enemies but rather all actions.

It would come as part of a radical change to the leveling curve (which might include, for example, no exp gain except from defeating enemies).

RandMuadDib

Quote from: pokeytax on September 12, 2011, 08:32:41 pm
It would come as part of a radical change to the leveling curve (which might include, for example, no exp gain except from defeating enemies).

Haha wow my first reaction to this was "classes like thief and priest will never level up and will be quickly underpowered" before I realized its super easy to change jobs... been playing too much disgaea lately :D

Pickle Girl Fanboy

September 13, 2011, 02:33:39 pm #270 Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 05:39:11 pm by Pickle Girl Fanboy
Quote from: Pickle Girl Fanboy on September 12, 2011, 11:12:39 am
**Change Max HP calculation for each class to (PA * (x))*(Class HP Multiplier)
**Change Class evasion calculation for each class to (SP * (z))*(Class SP Multiplier)

I made a mistake in the Class evasion one.

And honestly, I don't like Gained JP UP or Gained Exp UP either.  I was wracking my mind, looking for  a set of circumstances where I would keep them, and this is what I came up with.  Even so, I doubt I'd still keep them, because they go against the ideals of my patch, whose goal is to increase tactical difficulty, while reducing strategic difficulty, and removing the need for tedium.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

September 15, 2011, 05:34:23 pm #271 Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 07:01:17 pm by Pickle Girl Fanboy
New ideas (as always, I don't plan to use or request them, but you might find them useful):

*Base Zodiac Compatibility on something other than gender, or rework Zodiac compatibility so that there's another compatibility layer for interactions with monsters.
http://lparchive.org/Final-Fantasy-Tactics/Update%252001/13-2igkp4i.png
http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/final_fantasy_tactics_zodiac.png

*Base Raw Stat selection on something other than gender and species.  Perhaps make them random - some people have better PA, other better MA, and others better Speed.  But for every bonus there should be an equal and opposite penalty.  I really like this, because I think that the difference between humans and monsters can easily be emphasized in their classes growths and modifiers, and there is no reason to have raw stat differences between them, especially when raw stat differences are better used to improve everyone's individuality.
EDIT
To clarify, you'd use each of the four existing raw stat sets - Ramza, Male, Female, and Monster - and modify them however you want, but the set chosen for any character would be random.  So you could start the game with Ramza using set 1 on your first playthrough, and on your second playthrough he might use a different set.

*Base Raw Stat selection on Zodiac sign.  There are only four sets of raw stats - if you feel like removing Ramza's - so there could be three different groups of Zodiac signs that share the same raw (or is it pre-raw?) stats.

Cheetah

I would like a hack, perhaps it already exists, that when you choose "New Game" it skips all the introduction stuff (text overlay intro, name insert, birthdate, opening movie) and instead goes immediately to the first event. This should be very useful for a lot of hacks with custom story.
Current Projects:

RandMuadDib

Quote from: Cheetah on September 15, 2011, 06:06:16 pm
I would like a hack, perhaps it already exists, that when you choose "New Game" it skips all the introduction stuff (text overlay intro, name insert, birthdate, opening movie) and instead goes immediately to the first event. This should be very useful for a lot of hacks with custom story.

Not to mention playtesting!

Cheetah

Current Projects:

Vanya

Quote from: Pickle Girl Fanboy on September 15, 2011, 05:34:23 pmBase Raw Stat selection on Zodiac sign.  There are only four sets of raw stats - if you feel like removing Ramza's - so there could be three different groups of Zodiac signs that share the same raw (or is it pre-raw?) stats.

That could actually be pretty neat. Especially when you consider that the zodiac signs are split up into 4 groups by element.
Fire signs: Aries, Leo, Sagittarius
Air signs: Gemini, Libra, Aquarius
Earth signs: Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn
Water signs: Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces <3

That's not an error, AQUArius is an air sign. Although it would make more sense to swap Aquarius' and Scorpio's elements; that is how the real zodiac is set up.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

RandMuadDib

and perhaps a minor strengthen: element based on that too, like 10% or so (or something close but easier to hex), fire boosts fire, air boosts lightning and air, earth boosts earth, and water boosts ice and water.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Quote from: Vanya on September 25, 2011, 10:22:44 pm
That could actually be pretty neat. Especially when you consider that the zodiac signs are split up into 4 groups by element.
Fire signs: Aries, Leo, Sagittarius
Air signs: Gemini, Libra, Aquarius
Earth signs: Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn
Water signs: Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces <3

That's not an error, AQUArius is an air sign. Although it would make more sense to swap Aquarius' and Scorpio's elements; that is how the real zodiac is set up.

I'd prefer the random raw stats to the Zodiac one, but the Zodiac one could be very useful for, say, a Game of Thrones mod.

Rouenne

I have a request if it's not much trouble. I am trying to rework, Reis's class to make her more universal so I wanted to remove the Dragon Target requirement of her skills (also nerfing and putting some costs to them). I tried myself to do it but I just can't get it right. So if you could give me the code I would be really grateful.

MysticKnightFF5

1) Make certain skills require percentages of MP instead of a straight value of MP.
2) Immolation Status: deals fire damage to self and those around the immolated.
3) Minimum range editing for skills and weapons alike.