• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:08:24 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Help! Problem with editing MORPH abilities

Started by trukxlig123, April 15, 2016, 10:11:16 am

trukxlig123

April 15, 2016, 10:11:16 am Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 10:41:07 am by trukxlig123
I was editing the morph abilities to create new ones, everything went fine until I realized these problems:

• The edited ability is usable (player use) ONLY when the respective monster is in the monster bank.
    Like this
    The highlighted abilities is usable because their respective monsters are present in the monster bank

• This is only a minor problem because the player can just capture the respective monster for it to be usable.

• The main problem is that the AI can't use these abilities if the player has have not capture the respective monster.

• Modding version: Other/Unknown

dck

Just looked into this since I'm pretty sure I've used every "morph" skill slot so far. The AI can use it so long as the player owns the monster related to the skill, but yes it looks like availability is tied to that.
There are a few skill flags that I haven't looked into yet and must be related to this type of stuff, among other things like the AI never using certain attacks unless they have 100% chance to hit. I'll check it out and see what I can find.
  • Discord username: adri#1824

trukxlig123

@dck : you're right,the AI does use it when you captured the monster, but won't it be a problem if the player will never capture a monster? It's basically rendering them useless  :cry:

dck

Well I thought there might be some luck with the "unknown/unconfirmed" bytes the structures txt mentions, but those are just animation, description etc from what I can gather.
I guess this might be affected by the monster bank structure, and I have no idea where that might be.

Annoying stuff, but at least in my case I have room to move those skills assigned to morph slots, hope it's the same for you. Do mention if you find out anything about this.
  • Discord username: adri#1824

trukxlig123

Quote from: dck on April 15, 2016, 11:24:11 am
Well I thought there might be some luck with the "unknown/unconfirmed" bytes the structures txt mentions, but those are just animation, description etc from what I can gather.

Ya, I did try checking those unknowns, but nothing noticeable really happened up until 0x1F.
I guess this might be affected by the monster bank structure, and I have no idea where that might be.

You're probably right.
Annoying stuff, but at least in my case I have room to move those skills assigned to morph slots, hope it's the same for you. Do mention if you find out anything about this.

It does annoy me having to capture monsters just to make the ability usable.