• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 01:29:18 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FFT: A Hero's Tale UPDATED!!!

Started by DarkShade, November 01, 2011, 05:00:03 pm

DarkShade

November 01, 2011, 05:00:03 pm Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 11:20:25 am by DarkShade
This mod is a revamp of the original and will be harder due to the limit of jobs. (im limiting the job amount between 6 and 10) Also every class will be revamp with more abilities. Every monster and Job and boss will have a complete different status. there will be minor bosses at some locations. New special characters will join the mod. I will need people to help me with this mod ill get the list of jobs and monsters changes.

Generic Jobs Classes & Abilities UPDATED!!!

Freelancer
----------
Rush
Stone
Salve
Cheer Up
Items
Maintenance
innate throw item
Move-Find item

Apprentice
----------
Bolt
Ember
Ice
Cure
Raise
Wall
Haste
Slow
Esuna
Salamander (damage reduce)
Sylph (damage reduce)

White Mage
-----------
Rejuvenate
Holy
Arise
Protect
Shell
Mbarrier
Dispel
Regen
Reraise
Moogle
Carbuncle
Faerie
Clense - Cancels all negitive status effects

Black Mage
-----------
Flame
Surge
Water Ball
Thunder Bolt
Plasma
Deluge
Freeze
Ice Spikes
Tornado
Twister
Flare
Flare 2
Demi
Gravity
Gravija
Lich (JP cost increased)

Dimensionalist
-------------
Hasteja
Slowja
Stop
Bind - adds don't act and don't move
Galaxy Stop
Choco Star
Meteor
maybe Nanoflare and Life break

Archer
------
Focus
Leg Shot
Arm Shot
Charged Shot
Multi shot
Explosive Shot

Rogue
------
Steal Heart
Steal Helm
Steal Armor
Steal Shield
Steal Weapon
Steal Accessory
Assassinate - 1% change in doing almost full hp damage
Hide - Adds transparent to self

Knight
------
Magicksap
Powersap
Rend Weapon
Rend Helm
Rend Armor
Rend Shield
Crush Punch

Berserker
---------
Cyclone
Pummel
Doom Fist
Purifcation
Chakra
equip Axe
Weaken
Wound

Dragoon
---------
Holy Dragon
Dragon Spirit
Dragon Charm
Dragon Gift
Dragon Speed

Temple Knight
--------------
Blind
Syphon
Drain
Zombie
Silence
Berserk
Confuse
Dispel
Disable
Sleep
Break
Drainga - small aoe damage and heals caster

Dark Knight
-----------
Night Sword - drain HP
Dark Sword - drain MP
Crushing Blow - physical attack, causes Stop
Abyssal Blade - physical attack able to add darkness
Unholy Sacrifice - similar to self destruct but only darkness atributes 
Dark Holy

Special Job Classes - UPDATED!!!

Ramza Ch1
----------
Rush
Stone
Salve
Cheer Up
Wish
Items
Maintenance
Move-Find Item
innate Throw Item

Ramza Ch 2&3
-------------
Rush
Stone
Salve
Cheer Up
Wish
Yell
Invite
Items
Maintenance
Move-Find Item
innate Beastmaster
innate Beast Tongue
innate Throw Item

Ramza Ch 4
-----------
Rush
Stone
Salve
Cheer Up
Wish
Yell
Scream
Invite
Ultima lv 2
Items
Maintenance
innate Beastmaster
innate Beast Tongue
innate Throw Item

Agrias
------
Stasis Sword
Split Punch
Lightning Stab
Holy Explosion
Revive

Gafgarion
---------
Night Sword
Dark Sword
Unholy
Nightmare

Mustadio
--------
Mofungus Bomb - deals damage and adds poison
Dynamite
Flamethrower
Flashbang - Adds Blind
Beam Shot

Algus
-----
Snipe
Rush
Stone
Salve
Items
Maintance
innate Throw Item

Job Tier and Description and status modifies

Tier 1 jobs
-----------
Freelancer - the beginning of all jobs, have the lowest stats on mostly everything except defence
Tier 2 jobs
-----------
Knight - Knighthood, trained soldiers the te technique called KnightBlade, they have a lot of hp and defence lowered attack.
Archer - Skilled marksmen able to use crossbows, bows, and guns to kill the enemies from a far, speed increase, jump increase, evade slightly raised, power lowered,
Apprentice - warriors trainning in the arts of magic, able to use basic magic. ma increased ma defence slightly increase, fastest magic user
Tier 3 Jobs
-----------
White Mage - warriors trained to use holy magic, able to damage enemies and heal others in combat ma increased ma defence drasticly increased, speed slightly increased
Black Mage - warriors trained to use dark magic, able to attack enemies with tons of offensive magic, ma drasticly increased, ma defence increased, power increased slightly
Berserker - Trained fighters able to deal a lot of damage to foes but recieve slightly more than others. defence down power up move up speed up ma down
Dragoon - Knights trained using spears and magicial moves. attack up speed up move up jump up+ ma defence up ma slighty up
Rogue - People that learned to to survive by stealing and using quick attacks to hurt the enemy. speed up+ move up jump up, power lowered, ma slightly lowered
Tier 4 jobs
-----------
Dimensionalist - Skilled magicians trained with the power to control the cosmos, ma up+ mp up hp slighty lowered or raised, ma defence up defence slighty up
Tier 5 jobs
-----------
Temple Knight - Advanced knight trained in both Magic and sword skill, use the ablilty Spellblade, mp slight adjustment, ma up power up speed up

Minor Bosses - UPDATED!!! TWO NEW BOSSES!!!

Shadow Ramza
--------------
Lvl - 40 - 60 may choose between this range
Stats - ???

Equipment

Left hand - Blood Sword
Right Hand - None
Head - Gold Helmet
Armor - Gold Armor
Accessory - None

Reaction - Counter Tackle
Movement - Move + 1

Location - Yougo Woods Chapter 3 during rafa ad malak thing

Twin Dragons
---------------
Lvl - Party lvl +10
Status ???

Yellow Dragon - Dark Dragon
----------------   --------------
Charge              Charge
Thunder Breath  Demi
Thunder Bolt

Location - Mandalia Plains leaving thevies fort this minor bosses are reoccuring bosses with a chance of having a thrid party of knights fighting.

Ulitma Demon
----------------
Lvl - 50 - 99 (going to choose a number between this range)
Status - ???

Demi
Dark Holy
Ultima lv 2

Location - during Beowulf quest (the level right before you get reis.)

If you see (You guys vote) you can choose what type of move you want the person to have but must me related to the job type. first come first serve really good luck! Remember If it saids summons it must be the ones from the summons class and must be related to the class.

Beta v1 coming soon
Sprites
  Check out my sprites
  here

Eternal

I really advise you keep your projects small or they'll just die. Please read the "Why Your Project Won't Be Completed" thread. It may seem negative at first, but it gives really good tips on how to ensure your patch gets completed. It's also best to have a demo or some videos of your patch before asking for help- people are often busy with other projects and will need a good reason to help with someone else's. Good luck! :D
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

DarkShade

This mod will be small since im limiting jobs and making it a bit more difficult (not like 1.3) wish me luck please.
Sprites
  Check out my sprites
  here

Elric

Quote from: Eternal248 on November 01, 2011, 05:16:21 pm
I really advise you keep your projects small or they'll just die. Please read the "Why Your Project Won't Be Completed" thread. It may seem negative at first, but it gives really good tips on how to ensure your patch gets completed. It's also best to have a demo or some videos of your patch before asking for help- people are often busy with other projects and will need a good reason to help with someone else's. Good luck! :D

He is correct Shade, and you were doing a good job with your other mod you should really finish that first. for example i have 2 other mod ideas that are going to be quite cool, but they wont even begin until my current mod is done
  • Modding version: PSX

DarkShade

there is a reason i started a new mod my group quit on me and i couldn't finish without them. That's the reason why i started on this mod it was going to be my first one and its small so i wouldn't have to do any major editing.
Sprites
  Check out my sprites
  here

Elric

Quote from: DarkShade on November 01, 2011, 09:15:09 pm
there is a reason i started a new mod my group quit on me and i couldn't finish without them. That's the reason why i started on this mod it was going to be my first one and its small so i wouldn't have to do any major editing.

I understand and im sorry to hear that but with what you were changing you could definately do it by yourself, before i got Durbs and Joseph Strife i did everything myself with some help with reading the forums and printing certain tutorials I know its easy to feel discouraged but with practice comes perfection, either way you decide to go, I will be looking forward to seeing some more work from you :) or it you ever want to help out on Jot5 we would more than welcome you

DarkShade

November 01, 2011, 10:27:53 pm #6 Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 06:20:56 pm by DarkShade
thanks for the encouragement this mod was easy to do i had all the info down on paper, but i lost most of it and i wont be needing to edit the events, unless anyone wants to suggest a character and ill practice working on it.

Edit:
The post above has been updated
Sprites
  Check out my sprites
  here

Elric

I really like the new classes and abilities you have setup for this, as for what the ones that you suggest that we decide for you, I will have to think and get back to you on it, none the less great job and looking forward to seeing more :)

DarkShade

QuoteI really like the new classes and abilities you have setup for this, as for what the ones that you suggest that we decide for you, I will have to think and get back to you on it, none the less great job and looking forward to seeing more :)

Thanks for the comment just comment once you finally figure what you know.
Sprites
  Check out my sprites
  here

Elric

Quote from: DarkShade on November 04, 2011, 12:08:15 am
Thanks for the comment just comment once you finally figure what you know.

For Black Mage, try Lich (which should cost A LOT to unlock) as well as maybe something like Ifrit

For Archer, try something like Aim Head maybe which would cause blindness, and then something like lucky strike, low hit chance, but does critical

If i think of anything else i will let you know

Joseph Strife

Let's get to it DarkShade, here are my comments.

Special Jobs
1) Why having Ch.1 Ramza have beast tongue if he only can learn invite at Ch.2? Unnecessary i think.
2) I would go with just one more move for mustadio.
3) Giving Boco ultima doesn't make much sense to me... :?

Job Tier
All good here by me.

Generic jobs
Freelancer - All good here
Apprentice - Sounds like Red mage in some other patches, i think only 1 summon may be good enough.
White Mage - All good here
Black Mage - I think you missed Ice 4 here
Dimensionalist - All good here
Archer - Two more moves of course, maybe some version of Sonic Boom would be cool?
Rogue - Only 3 attacks moves, maybe a version of backstab (if possible), some status inflicting attack and another one.
Knight - Don't need that lot of attack moves, that crush punch and earth slash is already cool, if you want that bad maybe just one more.
Berserker - Same as knight.
Temple Knight - Now we need more attack moves other than just drain, maybe some sword moves like stasis sword and this kind of things (all of them weak version)

That's my report, hope you like it and good luck on your project. Expect some more reviews as soon as you update. :)
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

DarkShade

thanks man but the reason why boco has ultima is that the first one is gonna be reduced and it has to be next to ramza to use it also ramza wont have it for chapter (i wasnt thinking when i posted it) the two summoms are going to do less damage and for black mage im trying to get more elemental moves rather just have fire ice and bolt all the time. ill post an updated version soon
Sprites
  Check out my sprites
  here

Joseph Strife

Quote from: DarkShade on November 05, 2011, 11:02:11 am
thanks man but the reason why boco has ultima is that the first one is gonna be reduced and it has to be next to ramza to use it

So it's gonna be like a monster skill, that way it ok, i thought it would be a normal skill

for black mage im trying to get more elemental moves rather just have fire ice and bolt all the time.

It's just that you put fire 2, 3 and 4, bolt 2, 3 and 4, and ice you would go with 2 and 3, for me sounded reasonable if ice 4 was in the skillset too

ill post an updated version soon

Looking foward to it :)
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"

DarkShade

UPDATE!!! - The above post is updateded with new information
Sprites
  Check out my sprites
  here

Joseph Strife

Now everything is good with generics, just to decide what to do with the rogue skillset. Black Mage is now epic.

DarkShade

thanks man. im still trying to figure out what the rogue will have.
Sprites
  Check out my sprites
  here

RandMuadDib

November 06, 2011, 01:50:28 pm #16 Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 02:01:07 pm by RandMuadDib
just so you know, you can't have beastmaster skills for specific monsters like ultima demons and worker/construct 8. so the only way to have boco know ultima with beastmaster is to make him a generic monster, which would mean that you could breed and army of ultima-wielding chocobos. This is fixed if you use the no breeding hack found... somewhere i'll try and look for it.

Edit: Here's the ASM and the link
Quote from: Razele on January 01, 2009, 02:08:08 pm
No monster breeding
WORLD.BIN
0x45B6E change 0x40 to 0x42
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

DarkShade

November 06, 2011, 02:27:54 pm #17 Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 02:48:58 pm by DarkShade
wow thats new information i guess ill make boco have more skills and not give boco ultima. i didn't want to use that much asm hacks and i don't know how to use it. im still learning.

Edit - Boco now has different skills
Sprites
  Check out my sprites
  here

RandMuadDib

It shouldn't be too difficult, im pretty sure its one of the default hacks in FFT orgASM
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

DarkShade

Will the asm hack effect all monsters or just what ever you choose if it does effect all i dont want to use it.
Sprites
  Check out my sprites
  here