• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:56:03 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

ARH: Ability Requirements Hack

Started by pokeytax, June 21, 2011, 06:46:03 pm

Rufio

from what I understood he wanted the draw out to work the same but not break the weapon AND require any katana equipped

TableTop Adventures Demo is out.
Try it out and let me know how to make it better.

Choto

hehe well the ARH wouldn't pick up what's in the inventory unless you code it to do so. that's the code that needs to be written.

Rufio

Ahh.  i thought since the draw out action menu links the katana inventory and then the katana inventory links back to the abilities in question it would pick up the "must have katana equipped" bit at that point.  like I said, I havent done much messing around with the samurai ability slots.

nitwit

August 24, 2014, 01:53:34 am #43 Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 02:00:04 am by nitwit
I want 3 things.

1. Katanas never break when Draw Out is used.  Thanks Rufio for posting that.

2. Using any Draw Out skill requires that you have any katana equipped in your left hand, your right hand, or both hands.  This can be done with several different hacks, the ARH being one of them.

3. Using specific Draw Out skills require that you have specific katanas in your inventory.  I think the ARH covers this but there may be hardcoding that needs to be removed.  If there is then I'm pretty sure it's covered in one of the disassemblies out there and I can jump around the parts concerning this hardcoding or zero them out.

If I can free up enough ability slots (which reminds me to ask about monster attack animations) I want to make a full complement of 16 Draw Out skills.  I'm not sure but I may change one or more of the katanas into other weapon types which means there will be less than 10 katanas as there are in vanilla, so this will require about 2 abilities linked to 1 katana.

There are 10 of them in vanilla.
26 Asura Knife
27 Koutetsu Knife
28 Bizen Boat
29 Murasame
2A Heaven's Cloud
2B Kiyomori
2C Muramasa
2D Kikuichimoji
2E Masamune
2F Chirijiraden

I don't think there are any problems with changing weapon types (beyond unique animations like Draw Out, but maybe not even then if...) if I change the weapon sprite as well, using FFTPatcher and I think one of Raven's workbooks.

Choto

Waiiiit a second. Doesn't vanilla Grey out a draw out ability if you don't have that kata a in your inventory? So then all you need is the arh part and the no break hack.

Rufio

that was my thought process as well

Xifanie

ARH works this way:
Ability enabled? No Require Sword
Ability Disabled? Require Sword + No sword Equipped (This removes the ability from the list; doesn't grey out)

Preeeeetty sure that only works in normal skillsets. Draw Out is a quantity based skillset, so I just don't see it happening. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I doubt my ARH is that convenient.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

nitwit

Quote from: Choto on August 27, 2014, 08:28:10 am
Waiiiit a second. Doesn't vanilla Grey out a draw out ability if you don't have that kata a in your inventory? So then all you need is the arh part and the no break hack.

Not quite.

There are 10 Draw Out abilities and 10 katanas.  I need to be able to edit the items each ability is hardcoded to require in your inventory.  I also need to expand this to cover even more abilities than the 10 in vanilla.

I asked if this hardcoding is already removed by ARH, but it looks like it's not.  Shouldn't be too hard to find it and figure out how it works myself.

Once that is done, I add the nop to prevent katanas from breaking and then make all of the abilities require that you have a katana equipped.  Then I'm done.