• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Hessian Skillset ideas!

Started by DarkOmega, December 23, 2008, 05:42:47 pm

DarkOmega

December 23, 2008, 05:42:47 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by DarkOmega
First of all, a shout out to LastingDawn for making this version of FFT. Thank you for adding to this already amazing game, much as Voldemort and Philsov have done. =) On to the work:

So I noticed that the Hessian job class is supposed to be an uber-mercenary class, if your other posts are anything to go by. I had a few ideas, and thought I'd get a topic going and have us all compare and give you some things to think about.

Assassinate: I figure any good merc should have this, and as Ramza's Hessian class is supposed to be an uber-merc, well, it just goes without saying. 8) All the cool guys can charm the ladies, and being a merc would make Ramza more bad@ss I'd say.

No Mercy: Instantly 100% kill a critical-statused enemy. If not possible or deemed OP, then instead gives Ramza Berserk and Haste. >.> Well, the weak are easy marks. Or, if not, Rambo-Ramza?

Restore: Heals all status effects, and restores 25% of target's HP. Costs as much as a cure and an esuna put together. Can only target panels beside Ramza though. I figured Ramza would need *some* kind of party-friendly spell. I mean, he's not a complete loner...just mostly.

Incapacitate: Induces random status' upon the enemy, really low percent chance. Sleep, slow, frog, petrify, stop, don't act, don't move. I'm not sure about that list though...maybe only sleep? Anyway, I figured some kind of crowd control would be useful to a merc, and thus an idea for Ramza is born.

Ragnarok: Every main character needs an ultimate ability. Ultima blowed. I say use the animation for Ultima 2 or 3, with a large charge time. Good damage. Huge area of effect, but low chance to hit. Hits both enemies and allies, 'cept Ramza, if possible.

So, lemme know what you think, and ideas if you got 'em. Or just let me know if I'm blowing smoke out of my butt. :P
Geomancy is ridiculous. Instantaneous ranged attacks that just stomp all over the hopes and dreams of the villains. I love it.

Archael

December 23, 2008, 07:35:11 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
QuoteNo Mercy: Instantly 100% kill a critical-statused enemy.

that's not so broken

you'd otherwise spend your turn killing a critical status opponent anyway

especially if it's melee range

LastingDawn

December 23, 2008, 09:59:21 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Ah, thanks for starting this thread. Yes those are some interesting ideas... and not necessarily to "the skies the limit!" Also great to see you back Omega. And thank you for your assistance
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

boomkick

December 24, 2008, 02:07:17 am #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Defensive Stance- Adds defend to the user and Protect

Perfect Strike- Unavoidable attack, deals damage based on weapon. Chance to inflict either Don't Move and/or Don't Act

Stasis Strike- Exactly like Stasis Sword, except that it auto-targets Ramza and has a 2 Vertical Tolerance. Does not hit Ramza

Quick Attack- Powerful attack, quick strikes deal with enemies quickly. Deals damage base on weapon (like sword skills) in Draw Out AOE. Asura knife animation.

LastingDawn

December 24, 2008, 04:24:49 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Quick Attack is very nice! Stasis Strike is... too close to Stasis Sword, Perfect Strike is nice.

Defensive Stance also is a great idea!

Art of War

DarkOmega

December 24, 2008, 09:12:09 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by DarkOmega
Sirs, it is good to be back! :D Life sucks, which is why games are so great. Lol.

Anywho, some food for thought; in fitting with the mercenaries theme, what direction is the Hessian heading, Lasting? The reason I'm curious is because you have several options of class development:

A) You could have the Hessian be an assassination type of mercenary; this would fit in with bounty hunting and the like, and his skills would be on killing enemies in various ways, both close up and far away. An example: the Assassination move I had suggested, or Boom's Quick Attack.

B) A capture merc, whose more of a...seek and incapacitate, but not necessarily destroy. Skills fitting in would be Boom's Perfect Strike, or my Charm/Incapacitate.

C) Boba Fett.

Or a mix, as I had originally suggested. I'm just curious what you're looking for; when I planned out Ramza, I gave him a self buff, a heal, a main attack, 2 different but useful status changers, and an aoe spell. However, depending on what your goal is, I could come up with other skillsets. So, the question is...what are you looking for?

As a note: I'm going to try and be more involved in this than I was in 1.3, as I was rather busy at the time IRL, and these days, although I have little more time, I've decided to dedicate a little more to the effort. So let's see what other ideas of chaos I can cook up. Woohoo.
Geomancy is ridiculous. Instantaneous ranged attacks that just stomp all over the hopes and dreams of the villains. I love it.

PX_Timefordeath

February 10, 2009, 10:56:27 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by PX_Timefordeath
Destroy: Deals 1/2/5/10/20*PA dmg, random dmg,

Intimidate: Chance to destroy weapon if it hits.

PX_Timefordeath

February 10, 2009, 10:57:38 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by PX_Timefordeath
Also there should be an exclusive artifact weapon only Ramza can use

tithin

February 10, 2009, 11:59:14 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by tithin
Quote from: "PX_Timefordeath"Destroy: Deals 1/2/5/10/20*PA dmg, random dmg,

Intimidate: Chance to destroy weapon if it hits.

Better: Intimidate, terrifies the target, forcing it to run in fear for two rounds uncontrollably.
14:45  @SilentB         ò "Hey, Cosgrove, how come you never married?"
14:45  @SilentB         ò "Because I eat too much meat."
14:46  @Celdia          ò Heresy. No such thing as 'too much meat'
14:47  @Celdia          ò One night with tithin would teach you that.

PX_Timefordeath

February 11, 2009, 12:01:40 am #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by PX_Timefordeath
If you can change the AI from Save Fading Life to Run Like Magitek

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

February 11, 2009, 12:47:12 am #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kuraudo Sutoraifu
Quote from: "PX_Timefordeath"Run Like Magitek

Bwahaha! Dissed.

LastingDawn

February 11, 2009, 04:51:57 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Alright, enough of that now... the first idea you suggested is impossible, the second one is only partially possible... if you force an enemy into critical they will normally flee, if you force them into Critical status as well, they will also flee. But only until they do another action.

Art of War

DarthPaul

February 11, 2009, 04:54:35 pm #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
MagiTek didn't run though........she was banhammered.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

LastingDawn

February 11, 2009, 05:01:33 pm #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Enough about a banned member please, I would appreciate it if we didn't get too far off topic. Well the majority of Ramza's Mercenary skillset has been changed to Steals, this will not be updated for the Hessian of course.

Hessian is to be the opposite of Red Mage, that's the focus at least, in that line of thought, let's see if we can come up with some fitting skills? Ma/Pa mix for this class is fine, though the majority of the classes it takes to get there are PA.

Art of War

PX_Timefordeath

February 11, 2009, 06:30:24 pm #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by PX_Timefordeath
Dominate/Mercy/Submit!: Only on critical units, [lowers hp to 1?](not sure if possible), chance to charm the enemy unit.

boomkick

February 11, 2009, 07:07:15 pm #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
LD what do you have down for the Hessian Skillset?

tithin

February 11, 2009, 07:34:41 pm #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by tithin
Quote from: "LastingDawn"Alright, enough of that now... the first idea you suggested is impossible, the second one is only partially possible... if you force an enemy into critical they will normally flee, if you force them into Critical status as well, they will also flee. But only until they do another action.

Perhaps then, a more workable skill?

Intimidating Strike: Reduces enemy to critical status (25% right?). Applies a powerful regen like effect?

This removes them from the fight for one round, but ensures they'll quickly return to health after one, maybe two rounds, which is infitting with the original idea of the skill. Only downside would be coding a new, high level regen effect.
14:45  @SilentB         ò "Hey, Cosgrove, how come you never married?"
14:45  @SilentB         ò "Because I eat too much meat."
14:46  @Celdia          ò Heresy. No such thing as 'too much meat'
14:47  @Celdia          ò One night with tithin would teach you that.

dwib

February 11, 2009, 07:40:48 pm #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by dwib
i simply like no mercy, the 100% kill on a critical enemy. it would definitely be useful and fit his mercenary status

LastingDawn

February 11, 2009, 11:12:12 pm #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Really... I don't have anything set in stone for this class yet, since it's so late in the Job wheel, it's not really been on my mind, but I will look over any suggestions made.

Art of War

boomkick

February 12, 2009, 01:32:43 am #19 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
I would in a sense give him a single Swordskill, Crush Punch is a good example. That would make sense as he is a mercenary, and they are usually hired to kill.