• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:05:08 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Mercenaries Skill Videos

Started by Archael, November 22, 2008, 05:31:18 pm

Archael

November 22, 2008, 05:31:18 pm Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 12:29:27 pm by Archael
ITT: Skill idea videos for the new job classes.

EVERYTHING HERE IS PLACEHOLDER.

Post your skill ideas here. Input what job it is for. Must be for one of the new jobs.

If LD likes it and it is possible to create it, I will reply with a video of it in action.

Arbalist:

Action
1) Riskbreaker  20 MP - 6 CT - Weapon Damage - +50% Extra Attacks - Fires twice if wielding both Crossbows

2) Poised Shot 10 MP - 4 CT - Weapon Damage - Unevadeable - Weapon Range - Fires twice if wielding both Crossbows

3) Explosive Shot - 20 MP - 6 CT - Weapon Power +3 - Weapon Range - Fire Elemental - Fires twice if wielding both Crossbows

4) Disruptive Shot - 50 MP - Instant - Weapon Damage - Cancels: Charging, Defending, Performing - Weapon Range - Fires twice if wielding both Crossbows

Reaction

Animus - Respond to a critical attack with an unavoidable attack of your own. Weapon Range. Fires twice if wielding both Crossbows.

Warder:

Action

1) Impaling / Piercing? Wave - 30 MP - Instant - Weapon Damage - Destroys Armor in Linear 4 Panel Range - 0 Vertical Tolerance - Only works if target is wearing Armor.

Esperblade:

Action

1) ??? Summon *****WIP****

boomkick

November 22, 2008, 05:40:37 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Hmm, maybe you could use a few of the Monk's skill animations for some of the Arbalist's abilities, such as Wave first for a extra damage attack/arrow.

Is it possible to shoot an arrow really far away, more then the original range of the crossbow?

Archael

November 22, 2008, 09:00:51 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
alright videos are up

let's get some ideas going nubs

gojoe

November 22, 2008, 09:06:28 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by gojoe
im speechless
I never learn from my mistakes.

DarthPaul

November 22, 2008, 09:23:14 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Videos not available.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Archael

November 22, 2008, 09:32:03 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "darthpaul"Videos not available.

clear your cookies and restart your browser

videos are there

Dormin Jake

November 22, 2008, 09:58:44 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dormin Jake
Oh ye gods and little fishes Piercing Wave is overpowered.  Definitely not something I'd want to get hit by.

What effect files are used for the Arbalist's shots?  Disrupting Shot in particular, I like how the camera shakes wildly with each hit.

I'm really liking how the class looks and feels, by the by.  Really makes me want to equip dual crossbows on someone.  Also looking forward to seeing more Warder action.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
We are Dormin. Thou art to bring us a tasty beverage.
  • Discord username: dorminjake

gojoe

November 22, 2008, 10:35:34 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by gojoe
Quote from: "Voldemort7"
Quote from: "darthpaul"Videos not available.

clear your cookies and restart your browser

videos are there

i'll take your cookies
I never learn from my mistakes.

The Damned

November 22, 2008, 10:41:12 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
Is this Warder class a generic class or an enemy-only class Voldemort7?
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Archael

November 22, 2008, 10:42:17 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "The Damned"Is this Warder class a generic class or an enemy-only class Voldemort7?

generic

dont worry too much about balance right now guys

numbers are easy to change

we need IDEAS that work and suit the new jobs

worry about numbers  later

Archael

November 22, 2008, 10:43:03 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
we need MOAR SKILLZ

I need a good idea / art for Point Blank / Overstrung for the Arbalist

but using one (or rather, the very early stages of one) I cannot really see a good reason why I would want to get any closer than 4 panel range

The Damned

November 22, 2008, 10:44:06 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
If it's generic, then I'm assuming this is Warder is the Hessian class if it's not replacing something.

Is this correct?

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

dwib

November 22, 2008, 10:45:49 pm #12 Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 10:46:26 pm by dwib
I will re-write all my suggestions here that were generally appreciated
Arbalist:
Auto-Crossbow - Deals random damage (repeating fist), AoE = 1
Over Strung - Knocks enemy back (i'm not sure how that'd work twice?)
Point Blank - Deals large damage, Range = 1

also, a question that was never answered READ!! : is it possible for an attack like "Quick Shot/Rapid Fire" to work, where it'd add an extra 20 CT to the character after their turn was over? Like, if you had waited, except you don't have to wait, you just use this ability. (low damage so it's not broken)

Archael

November 22, 2008, 10:46:24 pm #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "The Damned"If it's generic, then I'm assuming this is Warder is the Hessian class if it's not replacing something.

Is this correct?

no

I have no clue what LD plans Hessian to be

Warder is a job idea I came up with for a higher tier physical tank job

see the Warder Sprite Request topic for more info

btw The Damned you always have good ideas, keep it up bro

Archael

November 22, 2008, 10:49:40 pm #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "dwib"I will re-write all my suggestions here that were generally appreciated
Arbalist:
Auto-Crossbow - Deals random damage (repeating fist), AoE = 1
Over Strung - Knocks enemy back (i'm not sure how that'd work twice?)
Point Blank - Deals large damage, Range = 1

also, a question that was never answered READ!! : is it possible for an attack like "Quick Shot/Rapid Fire" to work, where it'd add an extra 20 CT to the character after their turn was over? Like, if you had waited, except you don't have to wait, you just use this ability. (low damage so it's not broken)

About Auto-Crossbow and Over-Strung, I am not sure how they'd work twice... might not be possible

Auto Crossbow might be do-able ,but I'd prefer random number of hits over random damage... I mean.. why would an Arbalist want a Random Damage move when he can just shoot twice normally???

Point Blank.. the damage on this would need to be so insane for a Arbalist to want to get close to use it... remember, their normal attack fires twice

to answer your question, not that I know of...

Dealing damage + adding CT to self is impossible atm without some heavy ASM looking into it

The Damned

November 22, 2008, 10:54:06 pm #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
^ I'll keep that mind. (EDIT: I'll keep it mind how slow I am too.)

Quote from: "dwib"also, a question that was never answered READ!! : is it possible for an attack like "Quick Shot/Rapid Fire" to work, where it'd add an extra 20 CT to the character after their turn was over? Like, if you had waited, except you don't have to wait, you just use this ability. (low damage so it's not broken)

I'm pretty sure that's not really possible at the moment since the only technique that directly affects CT is Quick, and the only formula with Quick a)doesn't do damage and b)adds 100 CT instead of 20 CT.

Also, I agree with Archer: Arbalists are glass cannons, then none of their techniques should be have a range less than 2.

For instance, I would say that Auto-Crossbow should have a wide AOE but due indiscriminant, weak-ass hell damage. I mean, Auto-Crossbow is the weakest technique that Edgar has.

dwib

November 22, 2008, 10:55:10 pm #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by dwib
The though was that auto crossbow might be useful because of its AoE, but you are the boss! random # of hits like a (un)truth skill could work too? no idea how to hack over here.
Would it be possible for Over Strung to hit once, but knock back 2 spaces? hm...

Archael

November 22, 2008, 11:02:36 pm #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
LD is the boss

I would like to give them (Arbalist) a weak AOE skill, but it presents some problems

1) I cannot make AOE spells fire twice
2) if I make it fire once, PA based AOE skill, then other jobs will be able to use it ranged skill regardless of the weapon they carry,... = auto broken

I want to try to keep this skillset under the same 2x hits rule, so that other people can use it as secondary, but not as effective as the Arbalist

Archael

November 22, 2008, 11:09:42 pm #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
I can make Auto Crossbow, but it'll be many small weak hits, MA based

The Damned

November 22, 2008, 11:12:29 pm #19 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
It's a pity that the only random/multiple-hitting formulas are MA-based.

That's mostly the reason I'm stumped when it comes to physical-only based attacks that do can no status.

It gets kind of repetitive after a while....

Hmm....