• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:35:43 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Season One Arena AI Tournament Registration

Started by CT5Holy, March 27, 2012, 03:58:13 pm

The Damned

April 28, 2012, 01:18:28 am #40 Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 01:40:36 pm by The Damned
(Oh, right. I'm technically signed up for this....)

Without revealing too much on your end, what timezone are you in, CT5Holy?

I need to know so that I can procrastinate about this as long as possible...even if I'll probably have a team to you within the next hour or two. Maybe.

OF COURSE! EDIT: That didn't end up happening, but I probably won't procrastinate until the last minute. Probably.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

FFMaster

Submitted a team. Probably will get knocked out first round considering I only tested it against 1 team.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

CT5Holy

Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

CT5Holy

Going out on a limb here, but:

For everyone submitting teams today (that are not revisions/updates), if there are mistakes, I will give you an extra day to fix your teams, as I will not be able to check teams until Sunday in 3 hours.

Deadline for submitting teams still holds. This is just in case there are mistakes for all you late-comers.

I figure it's only fair - I want as many people to participate as possible. I hope the hosts are ok with this?
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Otabo

Quote from: FFMaster on April 28, 2012, 07:21:07 am
Submitted a team. Probably will get knocked out first round considering I only tested it against 1 team.

I haven't tested mine at all. XD

Fanatic

QuoteSubmitted a team. Probably will get knocked out first round considering I only tested it against 1 team.

Unlike what I normally do, I tested my team and spent a great deal of thought on it, even down to the ideal speed for my #4 unit given his move set....

...So of course I will lose twice immediately and be eliminated from the tournament. I know how things go with me. The day I go straight up RNG will be the day I bring home the gold.

I seem to recall getting walloped by you, FFMaster, in the last tournament I entered (though it may have been the one with my Cheesey Monk team instead). I would love a rematch, even if the outcome does not change :)
Final Fantasy Tactics Football Fracas [FFTFF] Link:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/197339-final-fantasy-tactics/57703092

Gaignun

39 teams displayed as registered, and at least 4 more to come.  This tournament is going to have a lot of seeds by the current look of things.  I'll sort seeds by the results of last tournament.

dacheat

I'm guessing that it's too much work to do pools to determine seeding correct? That would be the best way, but that would be a lot more work, and I definitely understand why y'all wouldn't want to do that.

The Damned

(At the buzzer....)

Ha, I was totally being sarcastic about the last-minute thing, but between wasting my Saturdays like always, having to actually put things down in type to make sure I wasn't going over the JP cap (since I still use Excel 2003) and the forum being slow for me all of a sudden, that was almost a "thing". Sorry, CT5Holy.

Heh. That makes me sounded more invested than I actually am, but my crappy team is finally in, so that's one less thing to worry about. Still, I can't help but feel like I should have went with one of the (far) more damaging teams I had in mind, instead of going with Doku No Kyoukai just because formerdeathcorps' made mention of being unable to think of a way to redeem it.

Perhaps I should have left said redemption to someone who can actually make competent teams. Oh well. I'll probably lose Round 1 like FFMaster, so it shouldn't be around to bore anyone too terribly long.... [/rambling]

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

formerdeathcorps

You can redeem Doku no Kyoukai but you'll need to make your units really tanky.  Same with nameless song, I think.  If anything, Doku no Kyoukai is more usable than nameless.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

The Damned

(Yeah, the AI is probably smarter about Doku No Kyoukai than Nameless. Probably.)

Oh, they're "really" tanky (theoretically, since I can't test on this crappy computer). It's more a matter of the fact that I ended up with little in the way of (active) healing, especially since I pretty much always used Arrow Guard even before Guns went apeshit over everyone. Probably should have given one of the girls HP Restore, but I have crap luck as it is, even before trying to rely on Critical-only triggers.

We'll see how much I fucked up soon enough, if only because my match will probably end up being 20~ minutes even if I "win".

Dome

Quote from: Otabo on April 28, 2012, 09:43:09 pm
I haven't tested mine at all. XD

Et said me "You should submit a team, Dome"
I had some spare time, and so I did
I hope my team will at least put up a decent fight >_>

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Eternal

Registration is closed now. If you want to discuss the tournament, please go here: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=8766.0

You can post about the tourney there even though the matches haven't started yet and please use spoiler tags were appropriate! This topic's going to be locked now.

Good luck to everyone who has entered!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817