• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:22:44 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

[OLD] KoI's Sprite Thread

Started by Kagebunji, October 13, 2010, 12:19:51 pm

Xifanie

• Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Kagebunji

I would have to erase those shitty eyes in there yeah, but other than that it doesn't seem bad. I haven't looked at it in ShiShi yet though
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Archael

Chocobo Knight Concept Art:

Kagebunji

I did a cocnept for Chocobo Knight, it is not based on any of those images though. I kinda feel there could be something more to this than I have currently. I tried many armors, Zozma's, Cavalier's, Vick's, they all looked shitty with bright shades of yellow, and helm is as big of a pain as armor, tried DK from WOTL, but it was soo fucked up that I rejected the idea. So I have this for now.

Archael

^ notice the rounded beak helmet... it looks ridiculous and too big, but it fits, the sprite is meant to be a little humorous, it doesn't have to be a super serious looking sprite

ALSO notice the feathers on the helmet

Kagebunji

My old version of helmet I did. I took idea from Digitaldragon ofcourse.

Kagebunji

Arch, I tried Chocobo helm on my current sheet, it looked like shit, for two reasons:
1-way bigger than armor the helm was
2-getting proper colors is impossible now, I lack 2 shades of yellow, and changing colors now would cause disaster on sheet.
So instead I added eye to Gaffy's helm. I thought about using AD's Dark Knight helm, it looks different from Pike, and wouldn't resemble him anymore(it doesn't now btw)

Archael

a little better, but drop those white areas around the eyes, that's fucking ugly

maybe make the helm a little sharper, so it looks like a chocobo beak in front? like a lancer's helm

Kagebunji

I tried copying Lancer helm, but it has soo many shades that my yellows aren't enough. I ended up using Lancer's eyes though(well only one). I tried some custom shit on helmet. This is the first, and last time I am doing a sprite in armor using yellow colors, every armor changed to yellow looks like shit, same for helmets.

Kagebunji

I wondered with Arch about changes to monsters you will do, Zodiac. I dunno if you will want to use it, but here, I have done the Werewolf. It's paletted and all too. I did some fixing over the whole sheet, but I think there could be more issues, so if you find it, tell me. And if you do want to use it, then I won't submit it.

Ps. portrait is shit, I know. I want to ask Mav or Twinees to fix it. I just found this port as one of our users avatar

Archael

TBH it's a VERY creative and original sprite

it'd make for a very cool monster class

I just have 1 question

is it wearing a shirt? how did you decide to use a shirt instead of more fur? just curious

good job

Kagebunji

Yeah it's a jacket. Imageine: A person walking during the night, unaware it is full moon, turns into such monster, some scraps of clothes must be there, hehe. It's as if saying that Hulk shouldn't wear pants, and have more muscles, hahaha

Archael

If Zodiac wants it that should definitely be a world map monster

imagine running into those things lol

BTW: if you check out our items section, we got weapons that have strengths vs monsters

so carrying them to do better in random battles vs strong monsters (like this one) would be cool

Kagebunji

I worked with Arch quite a bit today on sprites and such. There are some chnges in the brackets, so be sure to check them out. Also, it reminded me I have to erase those Sorcerers and Clerics from there.

Archael

I added the sprite job tree on your main post

Kagebunji

Ok, I have two concepts for Engineer. I feel like both should be way different. I will try something else if these are very bad

Archael

2nd one looks more "engineer" like because of the gear around belt and legs

I am not liking mustadio hair / haircut though, looks like an old musty

Kagebunji

I thought of slightly edited Olan haircut, but it looked strange, so I dropped the idea. But I might try it tomorrow. I started workin on Goblin Mage btw.

Archael

hah

that's gonna be nice

but yeah, try to avoid faces + haircuts that look like vanilla characters

that mustadio head / hair is TOO similar to mustadio, the engineer is supposed to be a new character (even if it is generic)

hey, how about Cid's glasses for Engineer?

technicians usually use these when working on machines

Archael

Hey Kage would it be too much trouble to edit these 3? So far the only graphics that require spell editing are these three, and they should be very simple edits (just color adjustments).

Flare --> Shadow Flare (Same but Black / White instead of Red / White)

Leviathan --> Flood (Same but without the Snake)

Ice 3 --> Break (Same but re-colored in a grey-scale to look like a rock)