• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:05:35 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Final Fantasy Tactics: Another Story

Started by RayKamiya, August 30, 2015, 01:43:11 pm

3lric

Thief: I'm not removing nor am I removing the break abilities, if you don't want your shit stolen or broken use Safeguard/Maintenance to prevent your stuff from getting broken or stolen as many of the items I listed in my equipment list are ONLY going to be made available by stealing from enemies to give thieves a more useful role in battle and in game play.

Fuckin' A
  • Modding version: PSX

RayKamiya

Quote from: Elric on September 10, 2015, 10:46:32 pm
Fuckin' A

i'm glad you agree XD

well I mean seriously, how much use DID you get out of a thief in vanilla?

I bet many people would say "The Elmdore battle in chapter 4 to get his Genji shit" and i bet many of you used steal as a secondary for a Ninja or Lancer to do it as well.

Plus there were always More monster encounters early and Late game than Human encounters further making steal Kinda "Useless" sure if you were lets say over leveled in Chapters 1-3 you could get Items from enemies till Late LATE game, (Also isn't it funny enemy Knights NEVER have a knight sword equipped in Vanilla?) so again I wanna get more use out of thieves.

Also another thing I'm hoping to do is not only reduce the damage output of the Mighty sword abilities (Lets face it many of them KILLED before factoring in the broken equipment) and reducing the Breaking aspect for each of the skills to 30% so it's not a constant 100% "I wreaked your shit bitch" with a single mighty sword ability. Ive seen other hacks like War of the Gods and FFT 1.3 for an example try and nerf them by adding Mp costs and making sword skill evade-able but wen they hit they HURT and they Kill.

dw6561

Quote from: RayKamiya on September 10, 2015, 11:24:45 pm
I bet many people would say "The Elmdore battle in chapter 4 to get his Genji shit" and i bet many of you used steal as a secondary for a Ninja or Lancer to do it as well. 

Actually, I used steal secondary on a female sagittarius monk with attack up. :P

And I definitely agree with nerfing mighty sword. No more removing all my stuff for the meliadoul fight, or having to put maintenence on everyone.
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

RayKamiya

Quote from: dw6561 on September 11, 2015, 02:24:00 am
Actually, I used steal secondary on a female sagittarius monk with attack up. :P

And I definitely agree with nerfing mighty sword. No more removing all my stuff for the meliadoul fight, or having to put maintenence on everyone.

Good thing I didn't bet my rent money on that XD

Yeah to me Mighty sword was the most OP of the swords skills because it did INSANE damage and broke things 100% which to me made fights against human enemies way too easy, Oh your a level 90 Black mage with barely 300 Hp? well I'ma gonna hit you for 890 damage and break that nice light robe you love so much.

I'm debating on who to bring back, but thats something I can work out while I am or if I am at work tonight.

gatebuster202

Quote from: Desocupado on September 10, 2015, 07:24:14 pm
Do you really need the following jobs?

• Squire - weak skill set, boring start of the game
  • Geomancer - unreliable skillset
  • Mime - OP if used correctly, not usable by the enemy
  • Thief - unreliable skillset, causes players to reset if something important is stolen

I'd suggest removing those, and making Knight the starting job.

Battle skill is a troublesome skillset, due breaks being either OP or causing people to reset a battle.
I'd suggest having charge instead of Battle Skill.

Agree with Squire, give it more options or change the poor bas**** out for something else.
Geomancer. Leave it intact, as you can't mod it in Patcher and then attach a Special Skillset via ARH v2 when Xifanie releases the next version. (Complete personal opinion.)
Mime... Never liked the class, but such is my opinion. (Kill it, but make it Level 8 everything in requirements in the patcher, that way you can set a Baddie to Mime, when you want him to have large swaths of a skillset mastered.)
Thief. Agree 110% with Elric. actually, 125%, because thief is as old as FF3, (or was it 2), anyway, leave Thief and apply Maintenance when theft would break the difficulty curve...

Just opinions, but strong ones. I've spent tons of time thinking on the design of FFT since I opened the patcher almost two months ago. (Actually since I've been planning on making my patch, so, since last December.) The limitations of Throw, Item, Geomancer and Jump (Staples of the Franchise), won't really matter as Xifanie's ARH2 changes make them open to being very customizable skill-sets.

If you nerf Mighty Sword to a percent break chance, (25-33%) I wouldn't think it was broken, but I would still be PO when Formav breaks my Excal in Murond. Because I probably won't put Maintenance on whomever is wielding Excal and then just assume it won't proc...
Winner of the 2nd FFT Arena SCC Tourney. -Geomancers

RayKamiya

Quote from: gatebuster202 on September 13, 2015, 11:54:07 pm
Agree with Squire, give it more options or change the poor bas**** out for something else.
Geomancer. Leave it intact, as you can't mod it in Patcher and then attach a Special Skillset via ARH v2 when Xifanie releases the next version. (Complete personal opinion.)
Mime... Never liked the class, but such is my opinion. (Kill it, but make it Level 8 everything in requirements in the patcher, that way you can set a Baddie to Mime, when you want him to have large swaths of a skillset mastered.)
Thief. Agree 110% with Elric. actually, 125%, because thief is as old as FF3, (or was it 2), anyway, leave Thief and apply Maintenance when theft would break the difficulty curve...

Just opinions, but strong ones. I've spent tons of time thinking on the design of FFT since I opened the patcher almost two months ago. (Actually since I've been planning on making my patch, so, since last December.) The limitations of Throw, Item, Geomancer and Jump (Staples of the Franchise), won't really matter as Xifanie's ARH2 changes make them open to being very customizable skill-sets.

If you nerf Mighty Sword to a percent break chance, (25-33%) I wouldn't think it was broken, but I would still be PO when Formav breaks my Excal in Murond. Because I probably won't put Maintenance on whomever is wielding Excal and then just assume it won't proc...

Well I do plan on doing the following with the jobs:

Squires: Giving them a few Stat raising abilities and weak physical and Healing abilities to make them basic but still useable.

Geomancers: I'm pretty much keeping them the same in Vanilla but maybe raise their stats effects to about 30%.

Mime: Yeah I keep debating if I wanna keep it as is or make it into a whole new class, I may just make it really hard to unlock but allow you to place other skills on it or just replace it who knows...

Thief: This has been around since Final fantasy 1, the very first game, stealing didn't come in until Final fantasy 3 though if you wanna get technical Lila from FF2 although a Pirate was also considered a thief since she tries to rob you when you meet her, But any way's yes I plan on keeping the stealing and breaking skills in I am not budging on this at all, I'm not looking to make the game all that much easier but the thieves need some love and their skill set maybe modified a bit later on.

I will defiantly be nerfing Mighty sword to a 30% chance of the breaking to go off as opposed to the 100% break and the high damage it does, I was also thinking of capping the damage at 100 damage per use so that it's not overly powered and if an item breaks it's not an instant KO or big PO when you deal about 3000 damage to a unit and all they have left at the end is a shield IF they got revived.

bear with me, I'm still deciding on who goes and who stays and I'm still planning things out and my work is really busy now so bear with me. The main topic on the first page will be updated as much as I can as I am still planning out what I want to do ^^

Nyzer

Yeah, Thieves are always a near-useless Job, I find. At least in FF6 Locke could be a mage and a summoner as well so he wasn't utter trash.

I'd suggest folding FFTA's Archer/Sniper into Thief; having a small number of offensive debuffs (and maybe bows) would work decently well. That leaves the FFT Archer free to become a Blue Mage or something.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Angel

FFIX is the exception. If not for Zidane's stealing, Vivi, Garnet, and Eiko (most OP character) would be completely freaking useless. If you just make it a habit to steal, you keep Vivi doing huge damage, and Eiko terrorizing the enemy fields (while Garnet sits envious).
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Tails_Doll_Prower

Any .PPF file or, is this still in progress?

Desocupado

Quote from: Toshiko on September 16, 2015, 11:12:36 pm
FFIX is the exception. If not for Zidane's stealing, Vivi, Garnet, and Eiko (most OP character) would be completely freaking useless. If you just make it a habit to steal, you keep Vivi doing huge damage, and Eiko terrorizing the enemy fields (while Garnet sits envious).

Actually thief is better on FFT due Steal heart being fairly useful and stealing removing equipment from enemies (it doesn't do so in other games). (tough I'd prefer if he add charm as a reaction in melee)
That being said, facing steal (and by extension equipment break) is not fun in random battles.
I think there was a hack that made your lost equipment goes to fur shop instead of being lost forever - this solves several issues with these skillsets.

If you can hack the formula, something like 100% success from behind for people in Thief class (maybe with a small ct) it would lead to a more fun mechanic, instead of forcing the old incapacitate and steal (elmdor dry) plan.

RayKamiya

Quote from: Tails_Doll_Prower on September 17, 2015, 05:46:49 pm
Any .PPF file or, is this still in progress?

right now I am still planning things out, I won't have any files or tests ready for quite some time as I am busy with work, when I can I'm planning on having some custom sprites made of several characters and i will take a crash course on event editing and skill editing.

I do want to get this off the ground but personal time and other factors do get in the way.

I may re work the thief more as i go along, I do plan on having a few more jobs changed up and edited for this before anything gets set in stone.

RayKamiya

hey guys,

didn't abandon this just been all over the Provence for work, just been working alot of hours xD

Archmagel

Quote from: RayKamiya on October 07, 2015, 10:12:16 pm
hey guys,

didn't abandon this just been all over the Provence for work, just been working alot of hours xD

Yay! I have been watching this for awhile. Just now made my account to cheer you on, because I love the idea you have!

RayKamiya

Quote from: Archmagel on October 10, 2015, 01:13:57 am
Yay! I have been watching this for awhile. Just now made my account to cheer you on, because I love the idea you have!

thanks, I'm glad to hear it xD

seriously though, my work sometimes thinks I have a private helicopter or jet sometimes with how the schedule me sometimes X_X I already had to yell at several Project managers to check Google maps or with other departments when doing my schedule as they tried to have me working in tow places at once, on job started at 9am the other at 5pm.

One was a 7 hour drive in the next Provence of New Brunswick and the other was a 9 hour drive from my first assignment back in the far end of my home Provence of Nova Scotia, I had to remind them that Time Lord was not part of my Resume or prior job experience....

Angel

New Brunswick is great. Everyone speaks English with a French accent, and French with an English accent. Nova Scotia ftw, just screw the tolls on 101. For a toll road, that place has no drainage.

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame

RayKamiya

Quote from: Toshiko on October 11, 2015, 07:45:49 am
New Brunswick is great. Everyone speaks English with a French accent, and French with an English accent. Nova Scotia ftw, just screw the tolls on 101. For a toll road, that place has no drainage.

HOLY SHIT YOU KNOW THE AREA I LIVE!!!

I WANT TO HUG YOU NOW XD

No really, most of the people I talk to when I bring up my Work schedueling and travel woes often ask me "Well its not that bad..." and then I have to get them to google map the areas and then they reply with "Oh shit.... that IS  insane..." XD

In all honesty I like New Brunswick, its a nice place to visit but the Highways are BOREING to drive along XD

Yeah tolling the 101 makes no sense since passed bridgewater your cutting through several small towns so you either CAN'T twin the highway or expand it...

I've been sent to Cape Breton ALOT lately, and that's a LONG ASS drive XD 

Angel

I did Montreal to New Minas last year in one go, and I am never doing that again. Even with Xifanie in the passenger seat to cheer me on, I was in total zombie mode at the end.

Now give us some updates! 8D

RayKamiya

Quote from: Toshiko on October 12, 2015, 02:10:51 pm
I did Montreal to New Minas last year in one go, and I am never doing that again. Even with Xifanie in the passenger seat to cheer me on, I was in total zombie mode at the end.

Now give us some updates! 8D

I will when the WIFI here stops committing seppuku because it's Dial-up >.<

RayKamiya

October 14, 2015, 08:23:35 pm #38 Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 08:30:07 pm by RayKamiya
Holy AJORA FINALLY I Update the page, though for the monsters I can't see why all the monster classes below Minataur decided to combine under the spoiler tag so I'll edit that as best as I can later on >_<

but yeah added in several Monster classes, Key players and story as well :)

edit: had to redo the Monster list a bit but now everything is displaying correctly x_X

Jumza

I was going through some of your notes and I saw this:

Quote from: RayKamiya on October 14, 2015, 08:23:35 pm
Ovelia: Crowned Princess of Ivalice, Next in line for the throne, Adopted Daughter to Delita,

Is this... That's not what Ovelia is to Delita, is it? Aren't they in love? :P

Also do some events! Story planning is nothing if you don't create the story :o
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.