• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:01:49 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Final Fantasy Tactics A2: A Clan's Journey

Started by Zeke_Aileron, August 18, 2017, 03:58:48 am

yaemgal

May 31, 2018, 02:22:06 pm #160 Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 05:12:23 pm by yaemgal
Hi !
I just started (well I played like 10h or so) playing your mod, and it's great, thanks !
I just have a problem. After the mission from main story in Rupie Mountain when you battle Ewen (can't remember the exact name), you have to go to see Cid, and then to Moorabella. When I try to enter Moorabella, the game freezes to black and nothing happens, no matter how many times I reload.
Can you replicate this ?
Thanks again for the awesome work !

EDIT : just saw I'm not the first encountering the problem. Would using my .sav with a vanilla rom to pass that point and then switching back to the hack work ?
EDIT 2 : actually that happens everytime I try to get in Moorabella
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: yaemgal on May 31, 2018, 02:22:06 pm
Hi !
I just started (well I played like 10h or so) playing your mod, and it's great, thanks !
I just have a problem. After the mission from main story in Rupie Mountain when you battle Ewen (can't remember the exact name), you have to go to see Cid, and then to Moorabella. When I try to enter Moorabella, the game freezes to black and nothing happens, no matter how many times I reload.
Can you replicate this ?
Thanks again for the awesome work !

EDIT : just saw I'm not the first encountering the problem. Would using my .sav with a vanilla rom to pass that point and then switching back to the hack work ?
EDIT 2 : actually that happens everytime I try to get in Moorabella

Thank you and you're welcome, i still want to improve the mod more even after the initial release.

Interesting, i had to replay from the beginning to test out new stuff for the mod with a recent fix i've been doing, you can send me the .sav and see if i can figure it out since it seems to be an issue, if you don't mind that is.
  • Discord username: Zeke Aileron™#0606

yaemgal

June 01, 2018, 04:29:14 am #162 Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 05:52:01 am by yaemgal
Here is my .sav :) I kept it even though I used the vanilla rom to bypass the freeze and continue playing.
https://mega.nz/#!uthl1JzZ!w2b6Y6AayIurGtC-eOLnCvxRQz7v5TGjjGdAJPx5TAM

Other problems I've noticed :
-The same freeze happens to me the first time I'm flying from Moorabella to the other continent. The problem seems to happen everytime I air travel, which is quite the problem.
-Freeze also happens during Fluorgis' auctions.
-When Luso has Eldaroya Scriptures (which for some reason has a gift skin)equipped along with his signature item, the game freezes when he attacks. Eldaroya Scriptures alone works well. Also, even though it's 1 hand, Adelle cannot equip another item along with Eldaroya (this item seems massively bugged haha).

Thanks again !

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: yaemgal on June 01, 2018, 04:29:14 am
Here is my .sav :) I kept it even though I used the vanilla rom to bypass the freeze and continue playing.
https://mega.nz/#!uthl1JzZ!w2b6Y6AayIurGtC-eOLnCvxRQz7v5TGjjGdAJPx5TAM

Other problems I've noticed :
-The same freeze happens to me the first time I'm flying from Moorabella to the other continent. The problem seems to happen everytime I air travel, which is quite the problem.
-Freeze also happens during Fluorgis' auctions.
-When Luso has Eldaroya Scriptures (which for some reason has a gift skin)equipped along with his signature item, the game freezes when he attacks. Eldaroya Scriptures alone works well. Also, even though it's 1 hand, Adelle cannot equip another item along with Eldaroya (this item seems massively bugged haha).

Thanks again !

Ok, i'll check the .sav out, thanks.
I'm curious if it's just Moorabella and Fluorgis being the bug problem, hmm...
Book Weapons can't be dual wielded with any other weapon other than itself, so it's not a bug, the attack freeze is however, i'll check that out as well.

R000ster

Taking my time getting to Moorabella and Fluorgis in anticipation of a bugfix.

Small thing I noticed, unlocked the Sage class for No Mou with 2 White Mage abilities mastered but only one Cannon Mage ability. Prerequisites stated 4 Cannon Mage techs were necessary.

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: R000ster on June 03, 2018, 12:52:22 pm
Taking my time getting to Moorabella and Fluorgis in anticipation of a bugfix.

Small thing I noticed, unlocked the Sage class for No Mou with 2 White Mage abilities mastered but only one Cannon Mage ability. Prerequisites stated 4 Cannon Mage techs were necessary.

There's no bugfix for the Moorabella/Fluorgis thing since it's unrelated to anything i messed with in hex, so i can't fix it which is pretty annoying cause it's a cut-scene and they're hard-hexed/coded and can't get changed, unless i start the mod from a completely new rom file which will force me to redo the battle formations and that's really time consuming.....

Hmm 4 cannon mage abilities, hmm... i'll check that out when i can.

R000ster

Just got access to the airship in Moorabella and can confirm the black screen issue on my end as well :(

That's a bummer. Not sure of any real workaround besides maybe  .sav manipulation anytime air travel is required like reported by other players.

DeSgeretjin

I found out what is breaking Moorabella.

Apparently it is caused by job edits.

It's fixed if you replace the job hex block 053D6864 to 053D963C with the vanilla values.

The question now is, is it one job breaking it or couple of jobs together.

Zeke_Aileron

June 07, 2018, 11:00:58 pm #168 Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 02:44:31 am by Zeke_Aileron
Quote from: DeSgeretjin on June 07, 2018, 10:20:30 pm
I found out what is breaking Moorabella.

Apparently it is caused by job edits.

It's fixed if you replace the job hex block 053D6864 to 053D963C with the vanilla values.

The question now is, is it one job breaking it or couple of jobs together.

After looking in a hex editor, i have absolutely no clue what you're talking about for "job hex block", since it kind of makes 0 sense for me....

Edit: Ok after looking at it closer for what the job hex block meant, yeah i don't think i'm going to revert everything to vanilla values cause it'll revert all the custom job stuff i made and abilities for them as well.

Hopefully there's another way to fix the cut-scene bug without reverting back to vanilla stats....

DeSgeretjin

I had a similar issue with my mod, turns out it was the keeper job animations being wonky.

You could check the cut scene that breaks in a vanilla rom. Take note of what jobs are on screen and take a look at those.

Zeke_Aileron

June 08, 2018, 06:51:18 am #170 Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 08:43:53 am by Zeke_Aileron
Quote from: DeSgeretjin on June 08, 2018, 03:34:36 am
I had a similar issue with my mod, turns out it was the keeper job animations being wonky.

You could check the cut scene that breaks in a vanilla rom. Take note of what jobs are on screen and take a look at those.

The cut-scene has a Nu mou Keeper walking around, so that's probably why.

Edit: i fixed it, you just need to keep the Nu Mou Keeper's Potrait's, Sprites, and Palette the same as vanilla, so basically you can still have it set as a custom job for a different unique character as long as those stay the same.

Main post has been updated with the cut-scene fix, Auction-house fix, Keeper sprites fixed, AP masteries rescaled so the player can focus more on the unit's specific job they want to build them as instead of trying to grind out AP for a job they don't want their unit getting poor stats from, and Special Gria Unit has 3 in-class abilities added for them to use.

R000ster

Hoping to continue my file with the new 0.92 patch, patched a clean rom with 0.92 and renamed my 0.91 .sav to match the 0.92 Rom name. Can continue from my renamed 0.91->0.92 save state, but the changes don't seem to have held over; still blacking on Moorabella. Does anybody have a proper order of operations for continuing a 0.91 file with 0.92 update?

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: R000ster on June 08, 2018, 01:39:33 pm
Hoping to continue my file with the new 0.92 patch, patched a clean rom with 0.92 and renamed my 0.91 .sav to match the 0.92 Rom name. Can continue from my renamed 0.91->0.92 save state, but the changes don't seem to have held over; still blacking on Moorabella. Does anybody have a proper order of operations for continuing a 0.91 file with 0.92 update?

Hmm, it's completely fixed in the new update without needing to restart your save file(cause i know how tedious that may be), so i'm not sure if there's any other order of operations to follow except; you could play your on file on a vanilla rom, go past the cut-scene and then save, then go back to the modded rom to continue as normal.

R000ster

R000ster

I'm a dummy and didn't realize that loading from a state would take me back to running a pre-patched instance. All good, game is continuable on my end.

Can you elaborate on the AP balance changes you made?

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: R000ster on June 09, 2018, 12:33:42 am
I'm a dummy and didn't realize that loading from a state would take me back to running a pre-patched instance. All good, game is continuable on my end.

Can you elaborate on the AP balance changes you made?

It's all good.

For the AP balances, i've made it where most abilities AP to master have been reduced, so the player can focus on making their units into the job builds they want and slowly grind out the AP easier to get mastered when their not about to level up, so you don't have worry about leveling up into a bad job stat level up.

Also the Prerequisites for Cannon Mage was also fixed in the 0.92 updated, just never stated it lol.

I'm planning to make the AP from quests and the days for quests to be increased as well later on in another update.

chocolatemoose

I have a couple questions about high-level gameplay changes in this mod:

MP growth and cost: A lot of abilities, including those for physical jobs, have MP costs (many that are over 10 MP). At the same time, you seem to be set on removing abilities that tamper with MP growth rate / usage. This creates situations in which characters 1) are physically attacking when they can't use abilities, 2) are waiting and not moving/taking actions to get their next turns (with enough MP) sooner, 3) ether spamming (in theory - I haven't tried this yet). Is this the desired gameplay? What are you trying to go for with this setup? IMHO it creates downtime, which I find less fun.

Stat growth changes: I looked at the stat growth charts; there appears to be less variation across jobs than in vanilla. This seems useful for encouraging players to spend more time with jobs that are typically ignored in vanilla (or at least removing disincentives from using certain jobs). On the other hand, it's a pretty big nerf to some jobs, specifically those whose major selling point was speed (e.g. ninja, and I noticed the firewheel rod doesn't have haste as a spell - not sure whether it was moved to a different rod or removed). I'm only 40 missions in, so I don't have a full understanding of abilities and equipment (do late-game katana add speed?), but do you think these jobs still have enough going for them to make them viable in one form or another?

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: chocolatemoose on June 10, 2018, 12:51:46 pm
I have a couple questions about high-level gameplay changes in this mod:

MP growth and cost: A lot of abilities, including those for physical jobs, have MP costs (many that are over 10 MP). At the same time, you seem to be set on removing abilities that tamper with MP growth rate / usage. This creates situations in which characters 1) are physically attacking when they can't use abilities, 2) are waiting and not moving/taking actions to get their next turns (with enough MP) sooner, 3) ether spamming (in theory - I haven't tried this yet). Is this the desired gameplay? What are you trying to go for with this setup? IMHO it creates downtime, which I find less fun.

Stat growth changes: I looked at the stat growth charts; there appears to be less variation across jobs than in vanilla. This seems useful for encouraging players to spend more time with jobs that are typically ignored in vanilla (or at least removing disincentives from using certain jobs). On the other hand, it's a pretty big nerf to some jobs, specifically those whose major selling point was speed (e.g. ninja, and I noticed the firewheel rod doesn't have haste as a spell - not sure whether it was moved to a different rod or removed). I'm only 40 missions in, so I don't have a full understanding of abilities and equipment (do late-game katana add speed?), but do you think these jobs still have enough going for them to make them viable in one form or another?

For MP Growth answer: Can't customize what the AI does so they normally just do that which i find tedious at times because of the lack of customizing for them, and there's supposed to be downtime early on with missions, later it should be faster with enemies being able to use items for HP/MP healing and Quicken chance to continue their actions as intended, but overall the AI is just the AI in vanilla, Generic; later on when i'm not working or on my day off, i'm planning to redo some mp changes and Enemy abilities to see if they do other stuff instead of just waiting and passing their turn.

Stat Growth answer: Haste and Hastaga have been removed from player use(I'm planning to add a few abilities to compensate the change, just have nothing noted atm), only the Haste abilities from monsters and opportunity commands is still usable, it was mentioned in the main post "many equipment gear have gone through the removal of the Speed stat", and evasion was compensated to them, i want the player to look into trying out many jobs instead of the generic meta setup most players tend to use to clear the game fast.

chocolatemoose

For MP growth I was more thinking about it from the player side and not the AI side. Have you considered going the Eternal route by starting units at full MP and removing MP gain? Another potential idea is to add more variance to MP costs so some abilities can be used off the bat (I'm thinking about the fighter, whose skill set is greatly diminished if I can only use it once every other turn if everything costs 14+ MP). It's one thing to ask a player to trade off between now and later (E.g. Fire at 8 vs. Fira at 16, or whatever the vanilla costs are), but when everything is over 10 MP it kills the fun. I'm sure I could buy enough ethers or similar items and load everyone up at the beginning of each battle, but that gets really boring and tedious quickly.

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: chocolatemoose on June 10, 2018, 08:04:00 pm
For MP growth I was more thinking about it from the player side and not the AI side. Have you considered going the Eternal route by starting units at full MP and removing MP gain? Another potential idea is to add more variance to MP costs so some abilities can be used off the bat (I'm thinking about the fighter, whose skill set is greatly diminished if I can only use it once every other turn if everything costs 14+ MP). It's one thing to ask a player to trade off between now and later (E.g. Fire at 8 vs. Fira at 16, or whatever the vanilla costs are), but when everything is over 10 MP it kills the fun. I'm sure I could buy enough ethers or similar items and load everyone up at the beginning of each battle, but that gets really boring and tedious quickly.

I thought about it before, i was just not sure on how to do so cause it'll make the bosses in the mod able to us their strong "All Foes" abilities right off the start, plus MP Channeling, and MP Efficiency exist which is why i didn't do it in the first place, unless there's a way to permanently remove these clan privileges, the MP is probably going to stay as vanilla.

Unless MP Channeling is worthless with full MP at start and doesn't regen mp at the start either, i might make a update along with my Quests update to fix the mp issues if possible on my next day off...