• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 04:10:50 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

About elemental in FFTPatcher

Started by radzzz, May 28, 2019, 12:16:05 am

radzzz

hello guys i am new here

i want to ask something about elemental set in fftpatcher
so i make some job, i.e. ramza squire to have absorb fire but when i applied it to game ramza didnt absorb the damage from fire spell.
and when i try to add elemental damage to ability, the elemental didnt added,  i.e. i make statis sword to has ice element but when i hit a goblin (goblin weak to ice) with statis sword it didnt deal ice damage, it deal normal damage (i tried use split punch to compare this because it has same damage as statis sword), then i tried ramza to has all absorb element and statis sword has all element but ramza didnt absorb the damage from statis sword.
and then i tried to change fire spell from fire element to ice element and the change worked.
is the element change in fft atcher only worked on magic spell like fire, ice etc only?? how to make elemental in job to work??

sorry if my english is bad
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Nyzer

To put it simply, there's partial hardcoding on the formulas - not all of them are compatible with elements.

ASM hacks can fix this to some extent, but only on the PSX version.

radzzz

Quote from: Nyzer on May 28, 2019, 12:36:36 am
To put it simply, there's partial hardcoding on the formulas - not all of them are compatible with elements.

ASM hacks can fix this to some extent, but only on the PSX version.

Ah so that is why i can't change the elemental.
one more question, what about item, is item elemental is hardcoded too??

Nyzer

I'm pretty sure it isn't, but can't confirm it.