• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Cursor memory, instant training and shop.

Started by Gokajern, May 15, 2019, 11:00:23 pm

Gokajern

In other FF games there's an option for the cursor to remember your last choice in battle. That way you don't crawl through menu after menu every turn. Has anyone made a patch for this in Tactics?
You know what sucks? Getting stuck in Riovanes in an unwinnable situation. Similarly to Front Mission 3 a solution is to be able to train/buy things from the menu directly. My memory fails me though, I think I vaguely remember a hack where you could leave Riovanes after each battle to regroup/plan better. That's a solution too I guess.

Nyzer

QuoteIn other FF games there's an option for the cursor to remember your last choice in battle. That way you don't crawl through menu after menu every turn. Has anyone made a patch for this in Tactics?

To the best of my knowledge, no. No clue how hard this would be to do.

QuoteYou know what sucks? Getting stuck in Riovanes in an unwinnable situation. Similarly to Front Mission 3 a solution is to be able to train/buy things from the menu directly. My memory fails me though, I think I vaguely remember a hack where you could leave Riovanes after each battle to regroup/plan better. That's a solution too I guess.

I know being able to leave Riovanes would be somewhat doable, but I'm not sure what complications would result. The problem is that all three battles occur on the same map point, and while I believe it's possible to return to the world map, I don't know if you could leave the map point.

Frankly, I don't think running off to train Ramza to be more of a solo fighter is the best option - it's the game's only 1v1 battle (as Fly or Teleport can get past that issue with Gafgarion), and that's more of a problem than anything else. I'd rather fix it by having Ramza hop on a Chocobo or something to rush ahead at the end of the previous fight, and turn it into a 2v1 when Ramza dismounts upon seeing Weigraf. It'd also provide a reason for Ramza's party members to have fallen so far behind.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Gokajern

Quote from: Nyzer on May 19, 2019, 12:17:44 pm
Frankly, I don't think running off to train Ramza to be more of a solo fighter is the best option - it's the game's only 1v1 battle (as Fly or Teleport can get past that issue with Gafgarion), and that's more of a problem than anything else. I'd rather fix it by having Ramza hop on a Chocobo or something to rush ahead at the end of the previous fight, and turn it into a 2v1 when Ramza dismounts upon seeing Weigraf. It'd also provide a reason for Ramza's party members to have fallen so far behind.

That seems reasonable and story friendly, but it doesn't really solve the problem. If you've trained your Ramza as a chump he will not be able to defeat Wiegraf and you'll be stuck (even with a chocobo). That's why I was suggesting engaging in a training battle from the menu. Maybe something like you can only choose your own units in two teams and to end it you have to punch a crystal or something. It's just a possibility anyway.

Xifanie

Cursor memory sounds like a fantastic idea and I'd give it a shot if I had the time... I do think what games need first and foremost are Quality of Life adjustments. I've already made several QoL hacks and I'm surprised I haven't thought about this one.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful