• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:14:03 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

[Old] Back to work, once again?

Started by Kokojo, January 10, 2011, 11:50:41 am

Kokojo

January 10, 2011, 11:50:41 am Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 09:06:04 am by Kokojo
Hello all. Since I was working hard on S4, I was making no progress on CoP. I am now editing the game again to bring you Chapter 2 : An eye for an eye, Lysay's chapter. However, I've had some concerns by myself and from others that I will awnser here:

1: Are you even motivated?
Sure, I am. I dearly love this projet. It is just time-consuming and my life < my projet, in case you wondered.

2: Do you have the time?
Currently, yes, In the future, way less. I now have a GF (brag brag) so work is hindered quite a bit... But still, I am back and working on it. I don't have a deadline, it is a weakness as well as a strenght.

3: Will you finish this?
I hope so. At minimum chapter 2 I can assure. Future is uncertain.

4: What troubles you?
Since the leave of Voldemort, we have lost a lot of publicity and a lot of members too.
I worry that I won't finish this projet because of the lact of interest from the community, or it's decline, you know.
Those are my current fear : I won't work so hard on this for just 10 persons...
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Dome

January 10, 2011, 12:33:29 pm #1 Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 12:34:09 pm by Dome
Count me in for whatever you need, boss
P.s: My YT channel, while not big as Voldemort's one, can still provide some publicity, if you need it

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

mav

If your sprites need portraits, I'm here for ya too, man. Good to see you pumping some life back into this project.

dinosaur

I will be your tester!! Celdia can attest that I am a pretty good tester! Been working closely with her with her patch.

<3

Pride

I very happy to see you continue work on this. I'm pretty spread out across projects but I'll offer help where I can
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Kagebunji

Quote4: What troubles you?
Since the leave of Voldemort, we have lost a lot of publicity and a lot of members too.
I worry that I won't finish this projet because of the lact of interest from the community, or it's decline, you know.
Those are my current fear : I won't work so hard on this for just 10 persons...

Honestly, only members like Dome, me etc.(older members by any extent) gave much interest about this, rest were mostly some noobs wanting to play 1.3.

I said it once, and will stand to it till the end: While Arch promoting DID provide us many new members, most of those members were interested in 1.3 only, not giving much fuck about world beside it.

So yeah, you got my support, I will start doing the dress sprite during the holidays I have next week hopefully.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

dinosaur

Quote from: Kagebunji on January 11, 2011, 03:16:07 pm

I said it once, and will stand to it till the end: While Arch promoting DID provide us many new members, most of those members were interested in 1.3 only, not giving much fuck about world beside it.

BOOM! It is true!!

Koko if you get a head of your patch and make a get promotional videos you will get CoP followers :D

FFMaster

I'm ready to help/test/critique whenever. Just PM me on IRC.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Dome

Also, congratulations for the GF thing xD

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Kokojo

Here's the bar map, nearly finished. Il add more cups where the red circles are and Il change the colors.

Twinees

Nice Kokojo, i really really like this! Can't wait for more stuff ;)

Cheetah

Are you doing the cups as 3D textured map pieces? The game usually does them as evtchr sprites, and I generally think they look better that way.
Current Projects:

dinosaur

Drunk Malak! Looks like I know who I want to party with!!!

But he should be really on the floor, it is to hard to pass out on something that is higher than waist height ... trust me  << >>  <<

psilo

Kokojo!

Long time FFT fan, OG: 1998 yo.

I played your patch yesterday and today. Your story is damn near genius. Love the characters. Love the premise. A few bugs, mostly just with names of classes and characters getting switched back with the old ones. But nothing too concerning.
I was bummed out to find myself  back in Ivalice as Ramza after beating Lesalie's double. And that is something I love. So thats a compliment man. I'd love to help with script/testing/character development/whatever I can. Please keep up the awesome work.

Kokojo

Hey thanks a lot psilo, this really helps. Il get to you if I need any help.

:D

Kokojo

Cheetah

Other than the fact that english continues to not be your first language, this is looking quite good. There were a lot of unnecessary camera movements during the dialog during the second half, but no biggy. Why didn't the theif's ever have portraits? I loved the seated head turns, very nice.
Current Projects:

Twinees

Have you thought about removing the smile off of Lysay's portrait? She seems happy and not in an evil grin type of way.
Your preview is great Koko.

EpicSolidSnake

To think this 6 minute event took mouths to do...youch.

It was fun and interesting to watch. :)

But for the sake of seeing this projet completed someday...try to keep the scenes simple, so it won't take mouths to make ONE Scene...(At this rate it will take over a year to complete the cutscenes alone...and by then, the chance that you give up on the projet is huge.

Don't get me worng, this was a great scene you made.
Just...don't try TOO hard on em...i don't want you to give up your patch.
R.I.P : SolidSnakeDog

Pride

February 25, 2011, 12:02:38 am #19 Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 12:15:41 am by Pride
It didn't take him nearly that long to do that scene.
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?