• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Gamecube Emulator

Started by GeneralStrife, December 09, 2011, 08:50:23 pm

GeneralStrife

Any decent ones ever pop up? I wanna play MGS: the twin snakes in paticular

st4rw4k3r

Dominic NY18

Keep in mind that to get the best results from Dolphin, you'll need a dual-core CPU running at at least 3GHz (for GC games anyway. Wii games are more intensive).

GeneralStrife

Quote from: Dominic NY18 on December 09, 2011, 11:00:52 pm
Keep in mind that to get the best results from Dolphin, you'll need a dual-core CPU running at at least 3GHz (for GC games anyway. Wii games are more intensive).

My stats:
AMD Phenom x2 555 dual core 3.2
3 gigs of ram
windows xp sp3 home
Nvidia 9500GT 1gb vram 3.0 shaders
We have a wii...just want to play MGS: The Twin Snakes

Dominic NY18

Your CPU should be fine for handling GC games. I'm not too sure about the GPU, but Dolphin is more dependent on the CPU anyway, so it should be good enough. You might want to keep an eye on the resolution you run the game at though and lower it if performance isn't where you want it to be.

GeneralStrife

Quote from: Dominic NY18 on December 10, 2011, 01:07:07 am
Your CPU should be fine for handling GC games. I'm not too sure about the GPU, but Dolphin is more dependent on the CPU anyway, so it should be good enough. You might want to keep an eye on the resolution you run the game at though and lower it if performance isn't where you want it to be.

yeah good idea
sweeet this should be awesome

GeneralStrife

It's quite laggy...not playable at 58% speed X_x hopefully I'll figure something out, it's so awesome.

Dominic NY18