• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:27:57 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

How do I create a new class, skillset and sprite to a new character?

Started by rnrsantos, October 25, 2015, 11:38:58 pm

rnrsantos

I'm creating a new character, however, I need to create all new to insert it into the game. I do not want to replace anything, but to create from zero. Can someone help me?

Please!

Kaijyuu

For all the graphical stuff, here is some tutorials:

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=6702.0
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10141.0

The rest should be reasonably easy; there are unused jobs you can overwrite and unused skillsets you can make use of. Patcher and tactext should be sufficient.
  • Modding version: PSX

Angel

You cannot insert a new character without replacing an old one. Even if it's the unused Celia & Lede sheets, you're still replacing what's already there.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

rnrsantos

Quote from: Toshiko on October 26, 2015, 05:10:05 am
You cannot insert a new character without replacing an old one. Even if it's the unused Celia & Lede sheets, you're still replacing what's already there.

How do I recruit her. Ex: Send 2 Priests and Agrias on the proposition in Gariland Magic City. Once They return, joins your party.

3lric

Doing something like that is going to require you to do a lot of research first. That's not a simple edit in FFTP.

However, if you could be convinced to do it in a non-pipedream way. There are plenty of guides on the site on how to make a custom character in the way Toshiko described. I suggest you take a look at the tutorials section.

The stuff we do here isn't something you are going to accomplish in a matter of 5 minutes, so you might as well start reading tutorials now.

Lockeadon

the easiest way to recruit new character is add them to an existing event, which can be done with patcher, just mind few things: sprite limit and sprite#, location, unit limit, and (forgot)

Kaijyuu

For cheat hax characters, I usually just overwrite one of the cadets at the start.

3lric

Quote from: rnrsantos on October 25, 2015, 11:38:58 pm
I do not want to replace anything, but to create from zero. Can someone help me?

Please!

Quote from: Kaijyuu on November 10, 2015, 01:33:56 pm
For cheat hax characters, I usually just overwrite one of the cadets at the start.

!=