• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 07:01:02 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Using FFT Patcher to enable some features found in KO PSP Patch

Started by mcabel, October 15, 2015, 04:43:28 am

mcabel

Hi, I've been browsing around and recently found out that FFT can be modded to my surprise (and joy).
From what I read, the way to go is mostly using FFT Patcher .483 rc.

I'm only interested in adding "fixes", a few tweaks with NO graphic modifications, leaving the game mostly vanilla. I found a mod from a member called Eternal called KO PSP 2.5, which contains many things I want, but has deep change to the classes that I don't need.

These are the features I'd like to have in a patch:

1-SLOWDOWN FIXED! <- This thread seems to solve this ( http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9208.msg184086#msg184086 )

2-Multiplayer items have been imported into Singleplayer by overriding some existing, rarely used items. <- I have mixed feelings about this, because I don't know which items, although this is more a "like to have" than a "must have"

3-Multiplayer battles have been imported into Midlight's Deep.<-(can this be done without removing game content, or was Midnight deep replaced by this feature ? [I have not finished the game so, having the original content would be more important, specially since I borrowed a second psp for multibattle, but would still be nice to have the battles in single mode if the content can be added rather than replaced] )

4-Ability to purchase any type of good from any town, assuming you've reached the proper point in the story to buy it.

5-Ability to steal from Elmdore.

6-Jobs that required level 8 in a job were lowered to requiring level 5.

7-1 Day Errands (due to lack of save/loadstating for randoms when they come up)

8-Treasure Hunts are all 100% finds.

9-ability to skip encounters if I'm going to another destination

10- Levels scale with the player. (not sure I want this, but having the option would not be bad)

11-Iaido/Draw Out can't break weapons. (Instead cost mp or gold or increase miss chance)
-and tweaking other annoyances I can not remember right now....

12- Prevent people from leaving your party roster, when brave is low or faith is too high.

Can I tweak all the above with FFT patcher, specially 4,7,8,9 ....or how would I be able to tweak this if not ?

Eternal

Hi mcabel! Welcome to FFH! In regards to your points...

Everything except for 1, 9, 11, and 12 can't be done with the Patcher. Hell, 9 isn't even in KO PSP, and 11 and 12 aren't in any version of KO. o_o

For 9, 11, and 12, you'd need FFTorgASM, and those ASMs do not currently work with the PSP version. Everything else can be done with the Patcher.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

mcabel

Hi, thanks for your reply!

Quote from: Eternal on October 15, 2015, 08:22:08 pm
Hi mcabel! Welcome to FFH! In regards to your points...

Everything except for 1, 9, 11, and 12 can't be done with the Patcher. Hell, 9 isn't even in KO PSP, and 11 and 12 aren't in any version of KO. o_o

(I assume you mean everything except 1,9,11,12 *can* be done with the patcher ^^; , because things like 8 totally sound like the kind of thing the patcher or a gameshark would do).

So... with that in mind, if you say that FFTorgASM doesnt work for the psp version, what could I do to implement 9? (not sure if I can ask about 11&12 since your patch has no such thing XD; )

Eternal

9 simply isn't possible without orgASM. It's a very extensive hack that Xif created, so you need orgASM to implement it.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817