• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:53:30 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Help with patches Clueless

Started by baldrat60, September 28, 2015, 01:04:23 pm

baldrat60

Hi im wondering if someone can point me in the right direction of the patch that is best for me. Ive played FFT many times and the psp war of the lions once on release. Looking for another play through when i go away for a week.
Im basically looking to play the best version that is currently available what people think of as the most complete version.
I don't mind a slight increase to difficulty as im quite familiar with the mechanics nor do i mind some enhancements and extras to the story and game system,but im not looking for a whole new experience or a massive departure.

If anyone can help its much appreciated thanks.

Also wondering if anyone know of any improvements/patches to tactics ogre for psp as i enjoy that game too,for that matter are there any similar games.

Andrew

Hi there.  The most complete version is FFT: Complete... it has its own section in the forums, and a thread is there that details all of the holes in the game that it fills.

As for a patch that "enhances" the game, you may want to take a look at FFT+, which also has its own section.

I hope you find what you're looking for.  Good luck!
  • Modding version: PSX

Angel

Erm... FFT: Complete isn't complete, and FFT+ is... not in the best state right now. Parted Ways and Celdia's Complete Patch are both in a better state (note: CCP, not so much CCP2) and fully playable.

I'd love to be able to point you at The Lion War, but it's been put on hold for now.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Andrew

They were asking for the most complete vanilla experience, not something with different jobs, items, et cetera like in CCP or Parted Ways.  I simply suggested the best options available to them at FFH.  :)

Jumza

But I don't think that FFT: Complete was ever really finished / had all the bugs ironed out...
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Kurosabes

There's also that one we shall not name, with some Google research...
  • Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

Andrew

Indeed, and "that one" has drifted far from the core vanilla experience anyway.  Lol

Kurosabes

September 28, 2015, 09:59:42 pm #7 Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 12:20:56 am by White Knight Wiegraf
'FFT: Kind Of' could also be worth checking out as well.
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=8658.0

Edit: Link to PSP version
  • Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

3lric

smh...

He said he wanted the most complete version. And everyone is suggesting mods.

If you want the most widely accepted version. Play the original PSX version.

If you want a version which includes the PSP content in the PSX version along with extras and the Sound Novels. Wait until Jot5 re-release comes out and then get TLW.

Amici

I use FFT: KO for the PSP version, I think it's the most complete mod for a 'vanilla experience'. That is until TLC gets released :)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Andrew

He was just looking for a vanilla patch to play while he was away for a week.  I wasn't aware of FFT: Kind Of's existence until W. K. Wiegraf mentioned it, so I apologize for that.  It sounds like FFT: Kind Of is the right choice for you, baldrat60!

baldrat60

Thanks for all your replies much appreciated. Im thinking FFT kind of would be my best option. Does this patch add anything to the game,new battles,encounters anything like that.

With regard to my other question can anyone recommend any similar games?

baldrat60

Is there a link to the additions,im also wondering if difficulty is increased a little as this would be good.

Andrew

If you scroll up to White Knight Wiegraf's post, you can click on the link there and it'll take you to FFT: Kind Of's thread, which contains all of the changes it makes to the game.  The types of changes include the nerfing/removal of abilities, modifying the enemies you fight in battles, the improvement of monsters, the alteration of equipment, etc.  Click on the "Changelog" spoiler buttons in the thread to see every modification made to the game.

EDIT: This is the more difficult version of FFT: Kind of - http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9815.0

baldrat60

One final question does the kind of patch make the game harder,easier or relatively the same. Thanks

Angel

Slightly harder. And Critical is a fair bit harder.

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame

baldrat60

Thanks again sorry im being a pain but its for the psp so i dont think critical will work. Id be happy with slightly harder how is the difficulty increased? Are the post game battles hard?

Angel

October 02, 2015, 11:34:58 am #17 Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 11:41:55 am by Toshiko
It's a rebalance patch, so it just takes away some of the abuseable mechanics and makes the battles require more thought and planning. It isn't particularly difficult, it just isn't as silly with the things that make the original a laugh.

And I'm confused - are you saying you only want to play on PSP?

baldrat60

October 02, 2015, 12:46:52 pm #18 Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 12:53:55 pm by Toshiko
yes i want to play war of the lions on psp

will the battles ive mentioned still be a challenge?

Angel

The battles won't be easier, I can tell you that. And yeah, Kind Of is pretty much your only option for a patch at all, since every other patch is PSX-only. Nobody who does any mod work at all touches WotL because it's almost universally hated by anyone with the knowledge and desire to mod FFT.

And please don't double post to add to your own reply, use the edit button instead.