• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:59:52 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

FFTA EDITOR: All In One v0.7 is now out!!

Started by Darthatron, June 02, 2013, 12:36:11 pm

bcrobert

Sounds like you found an ID value. It would make sense that the mission items would use a different set of ID values than the regular inventory items, since they generally aren't loaded on the same screens in-game.

If you wanted to actually edit the portraits pixel by pixel you would use a graphics editor. If you just want to change the ID values so that (example) Short Sword had the icon for Bronze Shield, then you could just replace an ID value in the structure.
My FFTA hacking tools: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9559.0

Believe it or not, I'm still working on this game.

dck

What odd timing, just the other day I was playing with that same structure since I needed to change properties in some mission items. I noticed the sprite list, which made me look around for the structure where gear and consumables' sprites are stored, but I couldn't find any trace of it.
It's pretty strange they don't have that information in the actual item structure, I double checked the unknown values just in case and no dice.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: adri#1824

trukxlig123

Quote from: trukxlig123 on February 07, 2016, 11:18:47 pm
0x11 targets allies only (tried and tested). while 0x07 targets either enemy or ally

Sorry for giving the wrong information 0x11 and 0x07 does target allies only.   :oops:
Its actually 0x04 non-undead that targets either enemy or ally while 0x13 non-undead targets both enemy and ally.

ffta707

Quote from: dck on January 26, 2016, 09:52:05 pm
Well that sure is a lot!

You can rename it yes, as you'll soon find out modifying text is pretty annoying on its own, but luckily there's a tool for changing general names. You pretty much have to clear after every change so it's not very fast, and in my experience it won't save changes with the AIO targeting the same file, but it's definitely worth using.

-The thing is most changes have to be outright modifications of other things, so stuff like adding a skill slot needs to be taken from a neighboring class indeed. However you can replace any skill with any other skill (from any race) using the dropdown menus to the right, which is pretty handy. This could include support skills in classes you don't want them for, or even combo abilities.

-I don't think I've ever gotten an error out of AIO but regardless, it's probably due to the ability not being assigned to a class, if you replace a skill with your new jump and try it should work just fine.

PS: Question of my own, has anyone ever seen the AI actively avoid attacking targets under Expert Guard while berserk? Just ran into this testing some stuff, they will position themselves close but won't attack at all so long as the guard is up.

I'll probably be looking to update this program pretty soon. Although it looks like darth's editor (Whenever it he releases it) will take care of text quite nicely.

Skullcrush02

June 03, 2016, 10:21:27 am #64 Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 11:32:04 am by Skullcrush02
So, I was changing some stuff for the Judges and Judgemaster, but the "FFTA Race Editor" now only shows 5 of the 9 abilities that are supposed to be there. It happened after I modified the Start/End of the Judge jobs and I don't know what I did wrong...

Skullcrush02

I think it had something to do with a gap I left in the race's skill list. I don't know how to undo it... Anyone..?

bcrobert

It would probably have something to do with that gap. The game frequently reads 00 as "end of list." But without more details all I can say is fill the gap and play with the start/end values.

dck

Yeah, AIO will interpret empty spaces in skill lists as the end of the race's list, and to my knowledge this can't be reverted from within the editor.
It's relatively simple to fix with a hex editor by going to the structure and changing it, but at the time I ran into it that might as well have been in chinese for all it told me.

Quote from: dck on January 29, 2016, 07:06:01 amIf you replace a skill's name with - in the job editor, the editor will interpret it as the end of that race's skill table and will not display anything further down until the next race's table begins. I'm pretty sure you can hex edit this away but I couldn't find the one I had changed myself and there is no way to fix this from the editor or modules themselves. First time I've actually used my backups but certainly glad I've been making them.

dck

Just a heads up, as it turns out saving changes to the skillsets on boots with passive effects will break their effects, and this can't be reversed from the editor itself.
Had me wondering what was up for a while until I grabbed flexhex to compare and fix it.

bcrobert

June 25, 2016, 04:31:23 am #69 Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 04:58:01 am by bcrobert
Huh. Well that's awkward.

EDIT. So...if DA is walk on water, DC is ignore elevation, and DD is teleport...what is DB?

Skullcrush02

Thanks for the reply; I had to start my patch over, but I took notes on most of the changes I made, so it didn't take too long.

Linkuser

Hi, I'm newer to modding games, and in particular FFTA. I've been looking at different mods because I would like to make my own remake of the game. I've been looking at the features of the editor and I had a question. Is it possible to add enemies in the formation editor? For example, the first mission (Herb Picking) has 5 monsters. Is it possible to add more? I've been looking around but I haven't been able to find a way to do this so far.

dck

In practice there isn't a way to increase unit count except repointing the entry somewhere else and expanding it yourself, I don't know enough about the formation structure to guarantee that'll work though.
Should you get it working, do bear in mind the game can't handle turns for more than 13 units at once- judge included. This actually makes it just as hard to lower unit count because rendering it dysfunctional in AIO won't remove them from turn order, and generally won't play nice with mission objectives etc.

ziligan14

hi. :cool:.can i ask something?
when will be the next update of AIO?

Zebraoracle

Quote from: dck on July 13, 2016, 03:56:02 am
In practice there isn't a way to increase unit count except repointing the entry somewhere else and expanding it yourself, I don't know enough about the formation structure to guarantee that'll work though.
Should you get it working, do bear in mind the game can't handle turns for more than 13 units at once- judge included. This actually makes it just as hard to lower unit count because rendering it dysfunctional in AIO won't remove them from turn order, and generally won't play nice with mission objectives etc.

Registered to ask a question, you may have answered it. I have been having an issue with my game freezing at the start of Thesis Hunt. I'm wondering now if it's because I increased the party size limit to make room for an additional unit since Montblanc was forced.

Eisenklaue

Hey, registered today after having the urge to play through it again. I wanted to reduce the AP costs of A-Abilities across the board, but the editor doesn't seem to let me? I searched the thread and other topics for an answer, but to no avail. I feel dumb for asking a question about such a basic feature :/

Things I've tried:
-downloading different roms
-starting a new game

I open the ROM with AIO -> A-Ability editor, pick "First Aid" -> change AP to 50 -> save

Am I doing something wrong...?

Blunderpusse

Try opening the "New Job Editor". Then, go to one of the classes (let's use Soldier as an example) and click on the second bookmark, "Other". You'll see the skillset for that job. Click on the pencil icon ("Edit Ability Data"). It'll open a small window (like the one attached). Try changing the AP there as well.
"You sure are a keen observer of the obvious, kupo!"

Eisenklaue

It worked! (Does changing the AP in the A-Ability Editor even do anything?) Your solution is much better, as it also allows me to change the R-ability AP.
Wanted to do a vanilla run with less AP-grinding, so thank you very much !!

Blunderpusse

Can't say for sure. Only been editing jobs. But the A-Ability editor works, 'cause I've tried editing ranges and AoEs and ability effects and it worked so far.
"You sure are a keen observer of the obvious, kupo!"

ThisIsLewd

Quote from: Zebraoracle on April 27, 2017, 01:42:29 pm
Registered to ask a question, you may have answered it. I have been having an issue with my game freezing at the start of Thesis Hunt. I'm wondering now if it's because I increased the party size limit to make room for an additional unit since Montblanc was forced.

That makes two of us, it's the mission's reward item. If on the tavern or combat you look at the rewards page, your game will freeze too.

Bad thing is, I don't know how to fix it either, but I know what's causing it.

I think it might have to do with the item fiix version or extend version NUPS patches. Are you using any of those?