• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Video glitching while playing

Started by Barren, October 09, 2012, 03:44:14 pm

Barren

For those who saw my past couple of videos of FFT Arena there were glitches here and there as the frames were skipping during the video. They go back to normal. I tried un-checking enable hardware acceleration and that didn't work (at least not all the way). If anyone knows how to fix the video glitches please post here and let me know how to do it. Thanks again
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

FFMaster

Is your machine old? Frames can skip because your CPU can't handle recording and emulating at the same time. I remember mine had a lot of trouble.
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Barren

Quote from: FFMaster on October 09, 2012, 05:26:52 pm
Is your machine old? Frames can skip because your CPU can't handle recording and emulating at the same time. I remember mine had a lot of trouble.

No actually its a new Laptop. Asus - 14" Laptop - 4GB Memory - 320GB Hard Drive - Matte Deep Blue Square

Model: X401A-RBL4 SKU: 5732421 to be exact. Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU B970 @2.30 GHz

But basically it has no CD/DVD rom drive so I had to change the CD rom plugin of the emulator to ISO Image Driver 1.0 (which somehow I downloaded by accident) but I did get the emulator to work.

But it can handle recording while emulating just fine. I didn't see any glitches after recording with Camtasia Studio. Someone suggested I should use Fraps. Then after I mesh them together with Windows Live Movie Maker I upload them on Youtube.

Maybe next time I mesh videos together with Windows Live Movie Maker, I'll see if its the Maker's fault or was it Youtube's fault. But yea that's the story

AeroGP

Don't use Movie Maker to compress video unless the files start in a foreign format already compressed. Use Virtualdub and post-compress the files all at once.
Quote from: Tycho"There are a number of different factors impacting server connectivity on Xbox 360," the spokesperson said. "It is a particularly complex server architecture and we continue to work with Microsoft to improve connectivity."

I don't want to bolster any "violent gamer" tropes, but that statement makes me want to improve the connectivity of my front two knuckles with their esophagus.  I wonder how Brenna would respond if I told her that "fidelity" was complicated.

Barren

Is there a better video meshing software to use then? That adds music? Anything that does the same as Windows Live Movie Maker but better? I never had that problem on my old laptop but on my new one its a different story

Barren

I think I figured out part of the problem. Its the way windows live movie maker meshes the videos because somehow after the conversation it glitches the video while its playing

Barren

Actually scratch that, it was camtasia studio that was the problem

3lric

• Modding version: PSX

Barren

Quote from: Elric on October 10, 2012, 08:42:59 pm
Use Camtasia :P Camstudio is horrid

Actually I found a better one. It's called Screen Recording Suite

Barren

Now I'm trying out fraps and while it does record the whole screen its not recording my emulator at full screen

Barren

Maybe I'll try Bandicam instead and see what happens