• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Barren

October 07, 2012, 06:39:41 pm #1640 Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 07:11:33 pm by Barren
FFT Arena 1.38d - Celdia (My Hat In The Ring) vs Dragonblade (Lost Souls)

I'm sorry for the video glitches in the video that appeared from time to time. I will work on that as much as possible and make sure that doesn't happen as often if not again. Anyone want to contribute to doing videos or recommending me a better plugin setup please PM me. Thanks nonetheless
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Celdia

Well, I'm not exactly happy with a few of the actions I saw in those matches. Also think I need to move my squire up to the front of the team to actually act as bait with that sword of his. It doesn't do much good if all he does is hang back and die last. Though I will take that bit of advice about covering his lightning weakness. Thanks, Barren.

GG, Dragonblade. Your team reminds me of a party I used in FF1 once: 3 fighters and 1 black mage. About as easy to stop as a train at full speed. :D
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Malroth

changing order will only make a difference in turn order in the cases of a speed tie, since the squire is using a phoenix blade he's auto-slowed so don't expect him to get many pre quickining turns.

Celdia

Thank you, Malroth. I knew I overlooked something designing him. This is what I get for trying to modify things while I'm at work and getting interrupted by customers. -_-
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Barren

TrueLight

Well, that went...okay. Lancer did his job, but once he went down it was GG. Not enough damage from the Ninjas, and the blind procs didn't help. That Archer does some crazy damage even though all my characters had 40 brave. GG Ahong, you got one great balanced team  :)

Malroth

October 08, 2012, 11:19:09 pm #1646 Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 11:36:34 pm by Malroth
Ahong really should... 

Add Yin/Yang magic, Sing or Geomancy as a secondary attack on his paladin so it can do something vs fire immunes  of those I would reccomend Yin/yang magic if only for lifedrain although if he has the JP to spare   petrify and beguile could also be handy choices

PS could you do a Showcase of "Sabredance" sometime?

Ahong

October 08, 2012, 11:38:37 pm #1647 Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 11:57:36 pm by Ahong
Yeah, i still thinking about my Paladin. :D
For 2nd attack, or hmm. still confused to choose which skill is good. :D
Well, if you count my paladin JP, it's reach max 3000 Jp :D
GG TrueLight. :)

Malroth

Well for skills that are good once you've gotten your primary job and abilities down you ask yourself "what can I afford with my remaing JP" and pick from that,  since you've got a reaction from Bard, a Support from Geomancer and a Movement from Oracle  your real choices for a low JP secondary attack are Yin/Yang magic, Sing, and Elemental.    Elemental is expensive and might not help your single element problem on some maps,    Sing won't add any offensive ability you don't already have,  so thats why A few good spells from the remaining choice Yin/Yang Magic seemed the logical next step for your 65 Faith Paladin.

Ahong

Hmm, that's true. I'll try that out. Maybe try something else. :D

Malroth

Updated an Old team to work in 138D currently  posted in the Team submissions thread.

Barren

Reks

Still a lag-like effect, which the video will have very short 'stops' to it.

Malroth's sustainability + my retarded chemist + procs = you win this time, Mal. GG!
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Barren

As far as the lag-like effect it's most likely the emulator running slow at times because of how the CPU is being processed emulating while recording. sometimes I forget to close out google chrome which requires memory to run as well as the PSX emulator and the recording software I'm using which is Screen Record Suite.

Plus I also I think that the black bars were due to me saving the WMV in a standard screen as oppose to wide screen. (At least that's what I think) Hopefully for future videos I can get it back to widescreen HD like I've been doing lately

FFMaster

☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Barren

Quote from: FFMaster on October 11, 2012, 04:57:37 pm
No, don't stretch videos please.

So you're fine with the black bars then?

Malroth

I prefer black bars to streching myself

Barren

Well if everyone is indeed satisfied with the black bar and the occasional lagging then i'll keep it as it is. Of course I'll try my hardest to make it lag less as possible

Barren

FFT Arena 1.38d - CT5Holy (Ele Break) vs Dol (Alpha)

Here's a one-on-one match for now. Still need to figure out my microphone settings so it won't echo

Barren

Realized that it was the 7.0 version of Camtasia Studio that was giving me problems because it had tweaks that needed to be fixed hence why they released a 7.1.1 version of Camtasia Studio. Now I can go back to doing commentary like I've been used to doing. If anyone still prefers 4:3 over 16:9 then I'll produce the videos as such. Nonetheless enjoy!

FFT Arena 1.38d - DarkxFatal (Dragon Slayers) vs Malroth (First STRIKE)