• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:49:34 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Barren

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Dokurider

Lessons Learned:

1. Mimes do not mimic Two Hands

2. Draw Out Power Mime is bad

3. Too much always: slow is bad

4. Not having enough attacking units is bad

5. Jumping Cursed Spear Dancers hurt

6. But so do atom bomb Wave Fists

7. Wizard Guy could have used Moogle

8. Good job hanging on at the end, Barcelona.

Malroth

Otabo

It doesn't. At least not from my extensive testing with it.

Malroth

And 99% frog procs on Lionheart are a bad thing

Reks

Needs moar Cursed Jumping Spear Dancers. And more competent other units. SWA just got unlucky in their match. Oh well, GG Doku and Aero!
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Malroth

Correction Needs more cursed jumping dancers IF they have move HP up and an ally who can give them regen  so that they arent' stuck in perma- coward mode after getting hit once

reinoe

My God, what embarrassing losses.  Granted I already know what's wrong with Windswept and it needs major overhaul.  But what was going on with Mello Yello?  The Mime rushed forward and everybody else on the team just sat back and watched.  Then they moved forward one at a time and got killed successively.  It was like watching a bad kung fu movie.
My dreams can come true!

Malroth

Mimes ALWAYS run forward and attempt to solo the enemy team.

FFMaster

Until they are in critical anyway =p

Designing Mime teams can be a bitch because of it.
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

reinoe

Quote from: Dokurider on September 15, 2012, 05:38:59 pm
I'm so sorry, reinoe.

Even though that wasn't the fastest match I've ever seen, it is the only one I've seen where a unit literally never got a turn (Male Oracle)
Although that beatdown was particularly savage, it was so short I literally have nothing to learn from it.  The prob wasn't explicitly low HP as all units had MAGIC DEFENSE/PHYSICAL DEFENSE.  Short charge+small map+criticals+oil proc+ONE UNIT NEVER EVEN GOT A TURN

My dreams can come true!

Barren

Gaignun

September 19, 2012, 03:57:47 pm #1614 Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 05:40:35 pm by Gaignun
Quote from: Barren on September 19, 2012, 05:48:17 am
FFT Arena 1.38c - Naeco Rats vs Patch Me

Thanks for taking time out of your busy week for that, Barren.

I think Cover Fire's strength is its formula's constant (70), which can be multiplied by 3 for 210 irreducible damage (before compat).  The only defense is P-EV, which can be got around with Concentrate (at the expense of total defense) or Don't Act/Berserk.  I like how it goes through Protect because it gives P-EV an advantage over Cherche, but 210 damage is a little overwhelming.

The easiest solution that keeps this Protect-piercing quality would be to make Cover Fire Fury-dependent,.  This would require the user to put him/herself at greater risk to physical attacks to use the skill effectively while, at the same time, exposing high-Brave targets that run auto-protect to cover their physical weakness to big damage.  If the constant is reduced to 65 to compensate for the slight boost possible with Fury (ie. x1.05), then 70-on-70 Fury would deal up to 213 irreducible damage, while 70-on-40 Fury would deal up to 153 irreducible damage.

Anyway, we can fuss over a solution later.

Reks

Not too make too many requests on you when you're so busy already, Barren... But mind testing SWA and commenting on them a bit?

Barren

Quote from: Reks on September 19, 2012, 09:30:41 pm
Not too make too many requests on you when you're so busy already, Barren... But mind testing SWA and commenting on them a bit?

Maybe during this weekend I can do it sure

Reks

Barren

Dokurider

Defenders = So I suppose Move - 1 was a bad idea. As much as I dislike my Geomancers running head first into danger, they are much better suited for the front line than the Monks. As hard hitting as my Monks are, they are still very vulnerable.

Also, I still defend the use of Giant Axe and Silk Robe. My Geos first priority is evasion and no other one hand is going to pump my evade like Axes. Plus Earth/Wind/Water strengthen is still very good, if situational. Silk Robe is because odd numbered MA does me no favors. So I might as well get some bulk instead.

I think I will be switching Headbands now. Healing is a major part of the Defender's strategy and losing the ability to heal each other proved to be my undoing. I might also want to rearrange my unit order so they they can Haste each other more efficiently.

Phoenix Destroyers - Not too bad I guess. Sorry your team never bothered to unpetrify your Berserk Gunner, Celdia. Because it was an unfair match up, I can't really commit too well on the Phoenix Destroyers' true effectiveness. It's odd that my Squire never bothered to Accumulate, I hope that's not a trend or anything...

Heroic Good Guys - Tough Break. Charm really did a number on them. I think I might just ditch Singing for my Best Friend for Item. And I might finally take a good look at what Cure my Priest actually needs instead of just giving them all of them and hoping for the best

Avengers of the Earth - That Kagesougi hits like an atom bomb. Also the lack of Murasame really crippled my team, not that it would have really helped IMO. I can't really comment much on this match. I lost pretty handedly.

Catalonia mk.2 - Meh, Give the Bard Item. It's as good as they're going to get.

Villainous Bad Guys - Despite losing, this was still my favorite match. My only grip was that my mediator got too deep into the other team and ended costing me the match. I might try to slap on Move - 1 on him so that he stays in the back like he's supposed to. Also my Dark Knight couldn't really get in the thick of things and wreck stuff thanks to the narrow map. In any case, I'm very happy with this team and it's performance, and I think this was easily the best match of all of them. Earth Dragons was a damn good team and I lost fair and square, good job Angelus.

Flying Rogue Circus - And so my experiment has finally gotten to see the light of day. I am somewhat disappointed despite winning this one. First off, not bothering to use Quickening really ticked me off more than anything else so far if only because it was so unexpected and so retarded on the AI's part. Having 16 speed was supposed to be key. There is simply no reason not to use it, but they choose not to.

Less expected, but just as disheartening, instead of continuously jumping like they were supposed to, they opted to deal sub optimal damage and just attack directly. Ultimately, they are still good Jumpers and Slow dance proved effective and did exactly what I wanted it to do.