• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 04:19:21 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Talk skill editing.

Started by coolmotif30, November 01, 2014, 02:44:01 pm

coolmotif30

Hello!

Long time reader first time poster here.  I've been playing FFT+ and it's great.  I have loved this game for quite a while and had no idea that there was this great ability to edit it.  I've been reading and and trying to educate myself with the basics of the editor.  Haven't run into many problems except when it came to trying to edit the talk skills.  I'm wanting to make them similar to the targeting of Draw out skills.  I have them with a 0 range and 2 effect area.  Only thing is, when targeting multiple enemies, only one is hit.  I attached an image of what I've changed the talk skills to.  I tried to mimic everything that the Draw out skills have marked/checked off.  Any help would be appreciated.  I'm reading around in the tutorials and trying to find an answer myself. 

Thanks!

Dome

Maybe the formula is hardcoded to hit only one enemy?

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Xifanie

Is it really hitting only one enemy, or is it potentially hitting all enemies but only animating over one?

Effects without multi-targeting are fairly common and the only person who knows how to convert them is Choto... he already has his hands full with many other things though.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Choto

What Xif said was the first thing that popped into my head. However I think that Mimic Daravon is a multi-targeting effect (actually the only multi-targeting talk skill effect).

In any case, if that does turn out to be the problem.. there's a file called "Effects.rar" in my hacking thread which has talk skill effects that were hacked to work for multiple targets. Just import them with CDMage.

coolmotif30

Thanks so much guys.  I'm going to go and read up on that stuff as we speak.  I'm still new to this and had no idea how much fun this would be.  Thanks for your time.