• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:12:31 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Invite Everyone

Started by FalseHen, October 21, 2017, 10:05:50 am

FalseHen

Hi,

I'm playing through FFT 1.3 right now and there are a lot of cool random battles with really well made Immortal characters. I was wondering if there is a way I can modify the game to invite these characters -- either by making the characters no longer immortal or by allowing Invite to work on all characters.

Thanks!
  • Modding version: PSX

Nyzer

We don't support 1.3 here, but in short, Immortal flags are most likely set to prevent Invite from working in there. Not that it's a hard fix to make if it can still be edited with the Patcher.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

FalseHen

Rather than editing each of the battles, is there a way to turn off the flag that makes inviting an Immortal impossible?

Xifanie

Just check the status effects tab
And the flag won't stick post-battle just so you know
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

FalseHen

QuoteJust check the status effects tab

Thank you, that's perfect.

QuoteAnd the flag won't stick post-battle just so you know

Just so I'm sure I understand -- you're saying the Immortal flag doesn't stick once they join your party, right? That does make sense, since it would be game-breaking.

Xifanie

Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

FalseHen

Awesome. Thanks for your help, Nyzer and Xifanie!

FalseHen

It's worth noting that (at least for 1.3), I also had to remove Invite immunity from several classes. Also, some characters (notably ??? characters) are still immune from invitations. I wonder if one of the unlabeled checkboxes in FFT Patcher is for ??? characters.

Emmy

What version of Patcher are you on?  ??? is labeled for me on the newest one.

FalseHen

0.492. Is there something newer?

I'll attach a screenshot to illustrate.

Nyzer

I think she thought you were referring to the ??? flag in the ENTD, not the blank checkboxes in the Status tab.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown