• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:12:59 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Re: ALL THE THINGS (ATT: A D&D RPG) - Let's get ready to rumble!

Started by Celdia, November 01, 2011, 06:21:40 am

Ryqoshay

"Hogarth! Elia!" Yvonne wants to shout, but even with the shield, she still fears overtly giving her position away... as if her casting of Magic Missile hadn't already done that, but... (1, 2, 3, 4) The fire Lirai grabs a fist full of ash and readies her wand. She does not perform her usual, over-exaggerated display for casting, preferring instead to utilize the barest minimum verbal and somatic actions necessary as she begins her assault.

Action
1: Cast Kelgore's Fire Bolt on Hobgoblin 1.
2: Hold Action through turn: If any hostile target enters melee range, Cast Elemental Strike on it.
3: If Hobgoblin 1 is conscious, Cast Kelgore's Fire Bolt on it. If Hobgoblin 1 is dead or unconscious, Cast Magic Missile via wand on a targetable, javelin wielding Goblin. If no javelins are readied on a targetable Goblin, Cast Magic Missile via wand on conscious Goblin that 'appears' to be in best condition.
4: If there are conscious Goblins that are targetable from current position, Cast Magic Missile via wand on Goblin that 'appears' to be in best condition. If no conscious Goblins are targetable, Hold Action until one is targetable and cast Magic Missile via wand on it.
Hurry down the chimney tonight.

NinjaWeazel

Xun does not wait for the rhyhorn, immediately turning and sprinting to the north.  His blade flicks out at the two goblins in a series of blinding cuts before slipping forward and carving a glowing symbol into the air just in front of Hobgoblin 1 to unleash a blast of force.

1) Move to J9
2) Word of Binding on Goblin 24
3) Attack Goblin 25
4) sidestep to I8 and Rune of Divine Thunder on Hobgoblin 1

st4rw4k3r

Fist meeting the hobgoblins face. Okay, I take it back, these things are evil-kind.... She turns to meet the Goblin next to her, and introduces herself to it with continual striking of fists. "Hogarth, are you okay?" She calls to the Barbarian Warrior.

1) Punch Hobgoblin 1
2-3) Use Flurry on Goblin 24
4) Use to attack any remaining hob/goblin or if there are none left, move to the nearest friend.

Yes all attacks made to the hob/goblin are lethal.

Celdia

Turn 5 Resolution

With a silence that only paranoia and desperation can evoke, Yvonne conjures a flaming bolt of energy and hurls it at the hobgoblin threatening Elia, but the beast was alerted by the pixie's Magic Missile previously and is only grazed by the spell, its shoulder getting only mildly scorched. The priestess, no longer holding to her normally pacifistic ways, strikes to kill her assailant and connects soundly with the hobgoblin's chest. From the side come a pair of morningstars from the smaller goblins, one striking the priestess cleanly while the other misses. Elia is hard-pressed to keep her balance at the edge of the pit but manages to keep her footing. However, her attack wasn't nearly forceful enough to drop the hardy hobgoblin. Drawing up its axe in a high swing, the beastman brings the deadly blade heavily down and cleaves into the priestess, knocking any sign of consciousness from her body. No longer able to stand, her robed body crumples and tips into the deep pit, hitting the bottom with a sickening thud and resting there, lifeless. In an act of defiance for what she has seen, Yvonne summons yet another large shard of elemental fire and releases it at the murderous hobgoblin, this one catching it directly in the back while it stands gloating over the pit. The magical firebolt tears through the beastman's body leaving a gaping, charred hole of intestines behind as it passes through.
         Hogarth, covered in the blood of her ally, releases all control and becomes an avatar of fury, rapidly scaling the wall of the pit unhindered by the bulk of her greataxe with her new found strength. Seeing the hobgoblin waiting at the top for her, she pauses in her ascent to throw one of her smaller axes at the beast, somehow holding her greataxe in her mouth while she does so. The throwing axe catches the hobgoblin in the chest, staggering it. A shining bolt of light from the pixie's wand connects with the hobgoblin's face whilst it is unbalanced, crushing in the already hideous features there. It drops to the ground, bleeding to death from the combined efforts of Yvonne and Hogarth but the barbarian's rage is unsated. She launches herself upward out of the pit shouting "BERSERKER BARRAGE!" and slashing down at the dying beastman, hacking the body into smaller chunks, sending blood and entrails flying everywhere.
         From the distant end of the stone corridor, Xun rushes to the aid of his allies, passing Nathalie as she stows her magical torch and takes aim at the goblins ahead. The monk closes the distance with the goblins moments too late to save Elia, his blade striking one of the ugly goblinoids dead and activating the defensive properties of his Word of Binding on the barbarian. The last goblin still alive screams defiantly at Xun and connects with his morningstar just before taking a crossbow bolt to the chest. Wavering on its feet, the monk neatly spits the barely conscious goblin on his sword before dislodging it and letting the corpse lie on the cold stone of the cave.
         Meanwhile, Rhyhorn finds himself unable to land a blow on the goblin engaged with him, but the goblin is having equal difficulty in damaging the rockbeast. They exchange attacks, one dodging while the other wails ineffectually on its target. Eventually the goblin slips up and over-extends itself with a wild swing intended to break through Rhyhorn's thick hide but it only serves in leaving itself wide open to the greatsword's lethal blade. With a quick twist of the neck and a forward shift of weight, Rhyhorn drives the blade deep into the goblin's belly and tears it out of the tiny creature's body, stopping it cold. Rhyhorn turns to see Xun has retreated to the other melee and the rockbeast follows suit only to find the battle is ended.

Objective: Locate the magical objects.
Weather: None.
Terrain: Cave interior. Stone floors, low ceilings.

Terrain Notes: Walls, floors and ceilings are all solid stone. I don't care how thin it may look in some places on the map, you can't bust through them without a lot of work. Even then there would be the chance of a cave in. The ceiling is rarely more than ten feet high in these corridors. You may get more vertical space in larger chambers.

Lightning Notes: Rhyhorn, Elia, Nathalie and Xun can only see clearly in the brightest circle of light. Yvonne and Hogarth have low-light vision and can see normally to the edges of the grayed out area. Anything in the darkest area can't be seen by anyone in the party. There are penalties for attacking in the dark.

Knowledge Check: Goblins have Darkvision! This means that they can see through that darkest area on the map so beware attacks from the shadows!

Posting for this Turn ends in about 48 hours, (Thursday, Dec. 15th, 2am EST) or whenever everyone has posted, of course.

Rhyhorn
~Stats~
HP: 36/45
Defense: 19
Movement: 4
Endurance: 8
Reflex Speed: 1
Magic Defense: 2
Melee Skill: 16
Magic Skill: 0

Elia
~Stats~
HP: -10/21 (Dead)
Defense: 17
Movement: 6
Endurance: 5
Reflex Speed: 5
Magic Resistance: 9
Melee Skill: 14
Ranged Skill: 16
Magic Skill: 6

Hogarth
~Stats~
HP: 46/53
Defense: 16
Movement: 8
Endurance: 6
Reflex Speed: 4
Magic Resistance: 2
Melee Skill: 28
Ranged Skill: 20
Magic Skill: -100
Effects: Raging, Word of Binding (+3 Defense)

Xun
~Stats~
HP: 20/23
Defense: 20
Endurance: 1
Magic Resistance: 6

Yvonne
~Stats~
HP: 8/9
Defense: 18
Movement: 6 Flying (1 Walking)
Reflex Speed: 6
Magic Resistance: 4
Melee Skill: 8
Ranged Skill: 32
Magic Skill: 7
Effect: Shield (+4 Defense, Immune to Magic Missile)

Nathalie
~Stats~
HP: 18/18
Magic Resistance: 1
Melee Skill: 4
Ranged Skill: 18
Magic Skill: 1 (Items Only)

~Powers Expended This Turn~
Hogarth: Rage
Xun: Word of Binding
Yvonne: Kelgore's Fire Bolt, Kelgore's Fire Bolt
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

RavenOfRazgriz

Rhyhorn's eyes widen at the grisly sight, stowing his Greatsword and using his wall-scaling powers to run down into the pit.  He scoops Elia's form onto his back and quickly rushes back up the side he came from, panicked.  He runs her back to ALL THE THINGS, his stone head reeling as he rests her inside and tries to figure out what to do, knowing only that the meager power of his Healing Belt would do no good.

Action 1) Sheathe Greatsword.
Action 2) Run into Pit and scoop up Elia.
Action 3-4) Run back to ALL THE THINGS and rest her inside.

(I honestly don't think there's anything we can do to help Elia, myself.  We're too low level, and we don't have the resources.  A huge sidequest at this point just doesn't seem feasible.  I'm sorry.  I just feel like we'd end up with more people dead instead if we tried it, and that won't help anyone.)

Ryqoshay

"I should have cast faster..." Yvonne says quietly, feeling her heart race as she watches the goings on below. "I should have moved faster..." She stares at her trembling hands, but is unable to focus on them, despite the flames still wrapped around one. "I should have cast faster..." She repeats, the shaking spreading quickly through the rest of her body. "I should have moved faster..." The light at the wand's tip shifts and shakes along with its wielder, its rays reflecting wildly off the crystallized aether shed from the pixie's wings.

Actions
1: Hold Action through turn: If hostile target enters melee range, Cast Elemental Strike, scream girlishly and stop muttering.
2, 3, 4: Hover in place. If Elemental Strike is cast, flee to Q13 over the cart of ALL THE THINGS and Hold Action: if javelin wielding Goblin enters range, cast Magic Missile via wand.

((I would love to vote for an epic side quest, if not for the fact that I highly doubt our survivability without a healer. Yvonne cannot utilize healing wands and her natural arcane magic will not allow her to learn them. As far as *my* knowledge of D&D, the world of Sephyr and how Celdia governs it is concerned, I know we would have to seek a Cleric of high enough level to cast level 5 spells, and have a - singular, not collection of - diamond worth 5,000 gold, all with a time limit of 9 days. I honestly believe this is beyond us at our levels. Resurrection requires a Cleric with level 7 spells, a 10,000 gold diamond and a time limit of 130 days. True Resurrection requires level 9 spells, a 25,000 gold diamond but has a much more forgiving time frame of 170 years. If we would take up any of these quests, I would see us doing so with a replacement healer, and only so as to allow Elia to go on with her life, not to rejoin the party. The numbers just do not work for us to scramble against time to find a rare gem and high level healer at this point in our careers, all while without a healer of our own. Honestly, were Yvonne to fall in the next pane, I would have no issue with the group continuing on, as it simply is not feasible to resurrect her at this time.))

EmmaNigma

Seeing her ally's lifeless body on the stone rhino only serves to throw logs on the fire of Hogarth's rage. Real logs, not that bullshit fake stuff you buy at the marketplace these days. She grabs her throwing axe from a chunk of Hobgoblin 2, then her other from Goblin 27. She sees a still breathing, but unconscious goblin next to that one, and grunts while she lifts her axe and kills the beastly aberration.

Action 1: Retrieve throwing axe from Hobgoblin 2.
Action 2: Walk to Goblin 27.
Action 3: Retrieve throwing axe from Goblin 27.
Action 4: Chop apart Goblin 26.
I hope the junkyard a few blocks from here someday burns down, and I hope the rising black smoke carries me far away and I never come back to this town again.

Celdia

Can I get an official vote about what you five intend to do about Elia? I may be able to salvage this into something that isn't a total disaster depending on which way you want to go. Feel free to edit your posts for this turn with your votes. I just need to know if you intend to let her pass or to take on a huge sidequest to get her revived. I'll note that you'll do so sans healer because I'm not going to bring in a 6th player just to kick them out of the game should Elia be ressurected. The next turn may be delayed based on the votes, though I'll try to avoid that if I can.

NinjaWeazel

Xun follows Rhyhorn, stepping into the cart and bowing his head as he arranges Elia's limbs in gentle repose.  He chants and rolls beads in his hands, mending her damaged body as best he can with his arts.  "Must go back to town.  Find her temple.  They can help."  He looks up at the stone beast, a very uncharacteristic cold look in his eyes.  "But first, all things in this cave die."  And with that he slips off the cart and heads back into the caves.

1) Help the pokeymanz take Elia back to the cart.
2) Compose her body, bless it to ward off undeath.
3) Move to K3
4) Enter Punishing Stance

((I totally vote for the sidequest, although I am honestly not sure if I can keep the sum total of asses in one piece.))

Kalas

"I told you all to fall back dammit!" Nathalie yelled, fleeing back toward her nesting rock in hopes the rest of the party would regroup. At her rock, she placed her torch on the top and her crossbow next to it, unfortunately eying her nearly empty quiver of bolts and debating returning to the cart.

"Serves me for just waiting at the cart..."

1) Move to K, 13
2-4) Hold action; shoot crossbow at incoming goblins.

(My vote can go either way really, for the sidequest. If it's leading toward the sidequest just count my vote that way and vice versa).

EmmaNigma

((I'm with Rhyhorn on this one. I'm sorry, St4r, but he's right. We have no real mages, no one with a high enough level for resurrection, barely enough gold between all of us, and whatever quest it will entail will be too much for just Xun to heal and defend against. And in two fights in a row, you were put below 0hp. As much as I'd like to keep you with us, I can't see it end in any way but disaster.))
I hope the junkyard a few blocks from here someday burns down, and I hope the rising black smoke carries me far away and I never come back to this town again.

Celdia

Turn 6 Resolution

No enemies currently on the map for two Turns. Switching back to 24-hour-post exploration mode. You've been moved about on the map, no real narrative for this post beyond what you put in your own posts already.

Terrain Notes: Walls, floors and ceilings are all solid stone. I don't care how thin it may look in some places on the map, you can't bust through them without a lot of work. Even then there would be the chance of a cave in. The ceiling is rarely more than ten feet high in these corridors. You may get more vertical space in larger chambers.

Lightning Notes: Rhyhorn, Elia, Nathalie and Xun can only see clearly in the brightest circle of light. Yvonne and Hogarth have low-light vision and can see normally to the edges of the grayed out area. Anything in the darkest area can't be seen by anyone in the party. There are penalties for attacking in the dark.

Knowledge Check: Goblins have Darkvision! This means that they can see through that darkest area on the map so beware attacks from the shadows!

Posting for this Turn ends in about 24 hours, (Thursday, Dec. 15th, 3am EST) or whenever everyone has posted, of course.

Rhyhorn
~Stats~

Elia
~Stats~

Hogarth
~Stats~
HP: 46/53
Effects: Raging

Xun
~Stats~

Yvonne
~Stats~

Nathalie
~Stats~

~Powers Expired This Turn~
Hogarth: Word of Binding - Protection

EmmaNigma

Hogarth stomps north and rounds the corner to the east, her eyes gleaming red and curses on her breath. She uses a free hand to take blood from her face and put it on her axe. Beyond rational talk, beyond looking for shinies, she looks instead for traps with her cunning instinct and to scream at enemies with her cunning linguistic skills.

Actions 1-4: Keep traveling north and east unless a trap or an enemy are happened upon. Interrupt travel to dispatch either, then continue on. Expend turns as necessary.

Ryqoshay

"I should have cast faster..." Yvonne says quietly, her heart still racing as she has now lost track of the goings on below. "I should have moved faster..." She stares blankly past her trembling hands off into nowhere. "I should have cast faster..." She repeats, the shakes continue to rack her entire body and she begins to slowly lose altitude. "I should have moved faster..." The light at the wand's tip quivers and quakes along with its wielder, causing strange shadows to dance along the cave walls.

Actions
1: Hold Action through turn: If hostile target enters melee range, Cast Elemental Strike, scream girlishly and stop muttering.
2, 3, 4: Hover in square but drop a few feet. If Elemental Strike is cast, flee to Q13 over the cart of ALL THE THINGS and Hold Action: if javelin wielding Goblin enters range, cast Magic Missile via wand.

RavenOfRazgriz

Rhyhorn turns after a moment of shifting things around in the cart to better accommodate Elia, seeing his companions already having run far ahead.  He lets out a rage-filled roar likely to be heard through the entire cave before drawing his Greatsword once more and running ahead, anger and vengeance the only thing on his rocky rhino brain.

Action 1:4-A) Follow Hogarth and Xun deeper into the cave, thought process colored with rhino rage and revenge.
Action 1:4-B) If any Goblins appear, show them the Rage of 100 Greatsword-Wielding Rhinos and do not stop until dead.  Then, resume A.

NinjaWeazel

Xun paces beside Hogarth, the usual cheerful demeanor replaced by a cold and terrifying focus.

(( keeping pace with the barbarian, also looking out for traps, and murdering the shit out of things that arent smart enough to run the hell away.  also presumably we wind up going back to the southwest since the NE seems to end at a dead-end, unless there is a sekrit door. ))

Kalas

Perched at her rock, Nathalie sits vigilant, waiting for anything to creep out of the darkness. Summoning up some amount of bravery, Nathalie takes out her torch and moves away from the rock, her crossbow readied and moves to the south pathway, but only a little bit.

1) Move to I,13

Celdia

Turn 7 Resolution

As the killing rage leeches away from Hogarth, her normally observant talents come to the fore. On closer inspection, behind what appeared to be a large pile of rocks lies a passage - likely the one the goblins used to get into this corridor in the first place. The barbarian pressed on further and around a sharp bend with both Xun and Rhyhorn close behind, finding the passage leads only deeper into the cave complex.
          Behind at the crossroads, Nathalie and Yvonne can see the light cast by the torches their allies carry vanish as they pass around the bend.

Don't mind the semi-realistic lighting I attempted on this Turn. I wanted to see how much of a pain in the ass it would be and how it would look in the end. Also as a note, since there is no real limit to how many images I post in one Turn, you don't all have to stay together to continue onward, but I thought I'd have you stop here both to give me another day to work up the rest of the map as well as my idea for the next player rotating into the game...and also to give you time to regroup if you wanted to before continuing onward.

Lightning Notes: Rhyhorn, Nathalie and Xun can only see clearly in the brightest circle of light. Yvonne and Hogarth have low-light vision and can see normally to the edges of the grayed out area. Anything in the darkest area can't be seen by anyone in the party. There are penalties for attacking in the dark.

Posting for this Turn ends in about 24 hours, (Friday, Dec. 16th, 9am EST) or whenever everyone has posted, of course.

Rhyhorn
~Stats~

Elia
~Stats~

Hogarth
~Stats~
HP: 40/47

Xun
~Stats~

Yvonne
~Stats~

Nathalie
~Stats~

~Powers Expired This Turn~
Hogarth: Rage

EmmaNigma

Hogarth looks around and notices that Yvonne and Nathalie are not with them. She turns to Ryhorn and Xun. "You stay. I fetch squishies." She goes back the way she came, past the path of littered goblin corpses, and finds Yvonne and Nathalie. Yvonne is shaking and muttering to herself. Hogarth uses her shining burning pointing finger and pats Yvonne's head gently. "It's over now, little one. Come, we've found something." She motions for Nathalie to follow her back to Rhyhorn and Xun.

Action 1: Go back to Yvonne and Nathalie.
Action 2: Pat Yvonne on head.
Action 3: Lead them back to Rhyhorn and Xun.
Action 4: Move aside rock.

Ryqoshay

"I should have..." Yvonne cuts off as she feels a pat on her head. A familiar scent wafts past her nostrils and she suddenly takes note of her position. "Oh... I... uhm..." she starts, realizing the others are no longer near, only Nathalie and Hogarth remain. "Damnit, damnit, damnit..." she thinks quietly. Closing her eyes, she takes a deep breath and holds it for a moment before releasing it. When she opens her eyes, they have changed. One who is observant would notice her normally light blue irises have gone red. Orange and gold flecks appear and disappear at random, giving the illusion that they are truly ablaze. "I'm fine." The fire Lirai growls, clenching her teeth with enough force to risk cracking a tooth. "We shall avenge her death." She hisses. "We shall not rest until every last one of these foul beasts lies charred or quartered on the floor of their own accursed lair." All traces of her prior fear have vanished, either buried deep or forgotten, though either way, the current result is the same. "Let's go."

Actions
1: Hover in place, slowly losing altitude.
2: Hover in place.
3, 4: Follow Hogarth to rejoin the others.