• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:04:16 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

EasyVent Editor Super Perfect v1.91 BugFix [King Needed a Band-Aid.]

Started by RavenOfRazgriz, September 05, 2011, 07:57:43 pm

3lric

Raven is gone.

Also, instead of removing that EVTCHR, just change the animation to 24
  • Modding version: PSX

Boco

I apparently don't know what I'm doing :lol:

I tried adding in 24 where I thought it should go, and when I loaded up that scene, Ramza bows but Ladd just turns to face directly into the camera. He didn't glitch out into a weird pallette though, so I did better than I expected. I'll keep working at it

3lric

Boco

Sorry, I had already deleted everything, I had tried one more time and glitched the sprite up again lol. The first custom event I made where he doesn't bow will have to suffice.

It was whatever was in the default FFT Complete events folder for the Orbonne Prayer, after Display Message x07 or something, there are three UnitAnims, the first is for Ramza (animation 61), then Ladd shortly after (animation 63), then after a larger pause there is one for Gaffgarion. Later on, when Ramza and Ladd get up it says animations 62 and 64. I was browsing through the wiki and it didn't seem any of the animations listed were making sense with what I was looking at in the original event itself.

3lric

Boco

According to the Wiki, it's (UnitID, AffectedUnits, Animation....) or something like that.
This is the segment of that event, with Ladd's bow animation bolded (Ramza's is just above his, and Gaffgarion below) :

DisplayMessage(x10,x92,x0007,x34,x00,x00,+00000,+00000,+00001,x00)
WaitForInstruction(x01,x00)
ChangeDialog(x01,xFFFF,x00,x00)
Wait(00004)
ChangeDialog(x02,xFFFF,x00,x00)
Wait(00010)
UnitAnim(x02,x00,x61,x02,x00)
Wait(00005)
UnitAnim(x83,x00,x63,x02,x00)    <------ I tried replacing the 63 with a couple of things
Wait(00025)
UnitAnim(x17,x00,x5F,x02,x00)
Wait(00025)

3lric

Change to

UnitAnim(x83,x00,x24,x00,x00)

If you want to use the wiki then you need to update your config.ini from the wiki and then decompile the events and start editing those. If you are going to use EVSP as it is. Then look at the command structure in EVSP. Not the wiki

Boco

Hot damn it worked like a charm! I'd ask you if you wanted me to help you with anything since you went out of your way to help me, but obviously you shouldn't ask for my help on events  :lol: :lol:

3lric

Lol, no worries, it's my job. There isn't much you could help me with currently :P