• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 02:33:54 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

In-Battle Weapon Sprites - Longbow & Crossbow

Started by Mime, January 08, 2016, 08:47:02 am

Mime

I am in the middle of in-battle sprites palette editing and...

1. The arrow series between the shields and staff, will they appear in-battle or is it a dummied content like the dolls on the upper left corner?

2. If they do appear in battle. Did I group them in correct order as the colors indicate?
I can see clearly that the first longbow series has a different colors of arrows compared to the second series. But the crossbow's has the same arrow colors. Has anybody tested this and find out which is what?

I see some pictures on this link but they doesn't show whether the arrow series belong to 00 or 03.

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=hdocmh9dro8s92b6ab229gtnc3&topic=6636.20
  • Modding version: PSX
Agrias: Tentacle... what a sad word...

Choto

3lric

Made this to help myself with the same thing a while back.

Mime

Thanks for the answer Elric but I am still wondering if the arrow series below appear in battle or not. Also which one belongs to Crossbow 00 and 03.

By the way, nice hammer sprite you got there  :shock: I was try making one but to no avail  :(
Can I use it?

Jumza

I'd say those are probably used only by bows (of which, you could easily test to figure out which goes with which), because they look like the arrows that appear when you make a very high shot (like if there was a tree in between you and your target, and the archer just shoots the arrow over it in an arc).

But yeah, best way to find out is to test it. Just get yourself a scenario where you think that sprite is used, replace it with something easily noticeable, like a big box of colour or something, and see if it appears.
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

3lric

Crap, I didn't realize I had the hammer in there lol.

No, I would prefer if you didn't use it, at least until Ch2 is out and I release a bunch of that stuff publicly.

Sorry bout that lol

Jumza

Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Mime

Quote from: Jumza on January 10, 2016, 09:41:31 am
...because they look like the arrows that appear when you make a very high shot (like if there was a tree in between you and your target, and the archer just shoots the arrow over it in an arc).

...replace it with something easily noticeable, like a big box of colour or something, and see if it appears.

Thanks Jumza! I just hate testing somehow but at least the above let me know where to start from and how.

Quote from: Elric on January 10, 2016, 04:04:52 pm
Crap, I didn't realize I had the hammer in there lol.

No, I would prefer if you didn't use it, at least until Ch2 is out and I release a bunch of that stuff publicly.

Sorry bout that lol

lol  :lol: okay.

I'll be patient then.