• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:53:47 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Final check for bugs before tournament

Started by FFMaster, December 30, 2011, 06:59:17 am

Avalanche

I would like to see the final and maybe the semifinals in Bo5 though

Barren

Best of 5 is too long anyways. Let's keep it 2 out of 3
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Gaignun

Quote from: FFMaster on February 10, 2012, 11:36:30 pmRule 4) THE COLOUR PALETTE PURPLE (05) IS BANNED DUE TO BUGS. Wow, that sounds so stupid when I read it.

I'm curious: how is the purple palette bugged?

doriantoki

I agree that best of 5 is too long.  I concur on the best of 3.

Also, no one seems to be making use of my post in the problem maps thread!  I understand if you disagree with it, but I spent a lot of time counting squares between unit starting positions, and at the very lest, it seems to be a good starting point for utilizing a system that organizes maps between small/medium/large.  At the very lest, for large maps, which are genuinely large.

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=7646.0

Avalanche

i would like to have a bo5 in the final, i already thought about that in tha last tournament. That would make the final a lot more entertaining. i think : )

And i have a bug report, doesnt seems to be a great propblem, dualsword wielding breaking skills seem to be buggy. At least the Headbreak. I saw i twice now in my battles.
I just want to know if its just headbreak or does it effect all breaking techniques?

FFMaster

It's working as intended. That's how it used to be in vanilla.
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Barren

If anyone wants to get the tournament started then what I can do to get the ball rolling is start a registration page March 1st 8:00 AM EST. We still need to go over who will help hosting it besides myself and if we are having a loser's bracket.

Barren

In the description during game play, the diamond armor only states cancels berserk, darkness and poison. Doesn't say anything about don't move unlike the master's guide. You might wanna fix that FFM when you get the chance

Gaignun

One other thing:  Priest's Esuna doesn't cure the Berserk status in-game.

TrueLight

March 04, 2012, 09:36:20 am #50 Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 09:59:33 am by TrueLight
Quote from: Gaignun on March 04, 2012, 02:34:25 am
One other thing:  Priest's Esuna doesn't cure the Berserk status in-game.

Esuna is not meant to cure Berserk. Some people like using Salty Rage and its a hassle if the healer takes the status off early when the player wants the unit to go on the offense.
  • Modding version: PSX

SoySauceMaster

1) Best of 5 is way too long.
2) There's more to maps than starting distance and positioning. There's also elevation, weather, and terrain; all of which greatly effects mobility.
3) Sorry, but I can't host for technical reasons.
4) Will all teams participate, or is each contestant limited to a number of teams that can be enlisted?

TrueLight

Quote from: SoySauceMaster on March 04, 2012, 09:57:09 am
4) Will all teams participate, or is each contestant limited to a number of teams that can be enlisted?

One team per person.
  • Modding version: PSX

Avalanche

maybe i could host a few matches, but i lack the know how.

I see that noone likes the Idea of Bo5, still  i want to ask again, what you think of doing the Final Match of the tournament a bo5?
I think that would make it special somehow ; )

Barren

Quote from: Avalanche on March 04, 2012, 10:28:30 am
maybe i could host a few matches, but i lack the know how.

I see that noone likes the Idea of Bo5, still  i want to ask again, what you think of doing the Final Match of the tournament a bo5?
I think that would make it special somehow ; )

I have a video made on how to set up FFT Arena. As far as recording software, try getting Camtasia Studio. If you need any tips you can PM me Avalanche

Gaignun

March 04, 2012, 11:10:02 pm #55 Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 11:17:14 pm by Gaignun
Quote from: TrueLight on March 04, 2012, 09:36:20 am

Esuna is not meant to cure Berserk. Some people like using Salty Rage and its a hassle if the healer takes the status off early when the player wants the unit to go on the offense.

Then the master's guide is out of date.  The small fix gets smaller.

As for hosting, I am willing to fill in for people who cannot host a match due to circumstance.  This question is best posed in its own thread so a list of potential hosts can be kept for all to see.

Quote from: Avalanche on March 04, 2012, 10:28:30 am
...still  i want to ask again, what you think of doing the Final Match of the tournament a bo5?

I think that's accommodable.  The final match usually lacks commentary, so it takes less effort to throw together.  I'll do it myself if nobody else is willing to.

Barren

Quote from: Gaignun on March 04, 2012, 11:10:02 pm
Then the master's guide is out of date.  The small fix gets smaller.

As for hosting, I am willing to fill in for people who cannot host a match due to circumstance.  This question is best posed in its own thread so a list of potential hosts can be kept for all to see.

I think that's accommodable.  The final match usually lacks commentary, so it takes less effort to throw together.  I'll do it myself if nobody else is willing to.

Well I know I can host for sure. When FFM releases a format of some sort we can see who will host what part of a bracket and go from there

Barren

If you check out Annoying III vs Naturalists you'll notice somewhere in the video that Sinkhole might be bugged....still cancels charging/performance but the priest absorbs it like it was an element....might want to check that out...Dol mentioned it in my video

Avalanche

i thought it was intended that undead units absorb sinkhole.
due to the reverse healing/damage effect.

So when do you think the tournament will start? I could host some matches now.

Barren

Quote from: Avalanche on March 14, 2012, 08:13:30 am
i thought it was intended that undead units absorb sinkhole.
due to the reverse healing/damage effect.

So when do you think the tournament will start? I could host some matches now.

I guess its whenever FFM provides us a Tournament Sheet. Hopefully it will be soon