• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:25:35 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

WotL Slowdown Removal Patch

Started by endrift, February 22, 2012, 02:21:59 pm

zefyx

The patches are epic OP! Thank you for all of the great work.

maciejkpl

Just want to say THANK YOU! 

xenoxc

Thanks for the great patch it's work with my old PSP-2000 with 5.00M33-6 + Prometheus 4 but with my later PSP GO with 6.60 PRO-C FIX & 6.60 ME the FFT WotL freeze at Ivalice Alliance page.....

do you have any way to let me play it with PSP GO?

thanks alot

RaphaelDDL

Thanks! Will test with my PSP2000 using 6.60 PRO-B10 ;D
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
Agrias Oaks fan <3

endrift

Quote from: xenoxc on June 25, 2012, 09:00:36 am
Thanks for the great patch it's work with my old PSP-2000 with 5.00M33-6 + Prometheus 4 but with my later PSP GO with 6.60 PRO-C FIX & 6.60 ME the FFT WotL freeze at Ivalice Alliance page.....

do you have any way to let me play it with PSP GO?

thanks alot

As far as I know, it works on PSP GO, but you have to put the files on the memory stick; it won't work on the internal flash.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

RaphaelDDL

Quote from: RaphaelDDL on June 25, 2012, 11:31:53 pm
Thanks! Will test with my PSP2000 using 6.60 PRO-B10 ;D

Just reporting, all fine. Screen size and slowdown (but slowdown might be more noticeable when i get a summoner for area skills :) )
Agrias Oaks fan <3

endrift

Quote from: RaphaelDDL on June 27, 2012, 11:31:32 am
Just reporting, all fine. Screen size and slowdown (but slowdown might be more noticeable when i get a summoner for area skills :) )

Some of the summoner skills will drop frames even with the slowdown fix sometimes, but that's actually reasonable for some of the effects (and happens on the PS1 version too). It's not slowdown per se, though, because it's dropping frames and not delaying too long between frames.

RaphaelDDL

Quote from: Archaemic on June 27, 2012, 02:24:11 pm
Some of the summoner skills will drop frames even with the slowdown fix sometimes, but that's actually reasonable for some of the effects (and happens on the PS1 version too). It's not slowdown per se, though, because it's dropping frames and not delaying too long between frames.

Right, thanks for clearing out :)

Ah, i found a bug (maybe?). On first city, if you go in the Guild (to recruit people), the size of screen changes to a stretched version (not fully stretched, something like 2x the width of the non stretched version)
Agrias Oaks fan <3

Eternal

Certain parts of the game default to their normal size, I think. Shops/Guild and FMVs among those I believe.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

endrift

Quote from: Eternal248 on June 27, 2012, 03:50:01 pm
Certain parts of the game default to their normal size, I think. Shops/Guild and FMVs among those I believe.

Shop/Guild was a bug, that's been fixed. FMVs weren't stretched in the first place, so those are left as-is. Anything else is likely a bug. I'll take a look at this later.

Wiegraf

I have known about this patch for a long time, but tonight is the first time that I have actually installed it and used it. Thanks a ton, it works perfectly. Now that WOTL has this the original game literally has nothing IMO :P
What troubled sleep have you known to speak of my dreams? No matter how sweet, a dream must always fade into day...

-Wiegraf

GeekyDad

Just wanted to say thanks for the patch (and thanks to the folks who helped explain how to actually patch the game). I owned the PSP version for a while, but ended up not playing much of it last year because of how laborious it was to watch the animations. Ended up playing through it this past week on my iPhone, and though it was slightly better (after turning off the friend/foe icon indicators), it's so, so much better playing my second playthrough on my PSP with this patch. Now, I'll get to enjoy the elements that are missing from the iOS version. Instant addiction.

joegt123

August 17, 2012, 09:56:22 pm #152 Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 10:12:56 pm by joegt123
I don't know if this is everyone, but I'm encountering a problem with the slow-fix...

All of the attacks that otherwise had been slowed, and even the ones that I don't think otherwise were... Have sped up to well beyond where they should be. I'm running 6.60 PRO-C on a 3001 and I do not have the aspect ratio patch in, just the speed fix.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Is this the way the patch is? Because honestly, too slow was better than too fast. At least I could still see the animation.

Edit: I added in the stretch fix and the speed is still off, though it appears to be slightly less so. Also, did you mean for there to be space on the top and bottom of the screen? I don't mean to seem to be complaining overmuch, and the aspect ratio is one thing, but that just seems like wasted space, to me.

Levnin

I'm having a problem running the patch.

I'm using CFW 6.60 PRO-C

I know that pretty much what I've done works since the unstretch patch is working, though the fast.live doesn't work at all.

I've put it in the same folder as unstretch, Game.txt obviously where it's supposed to be with the text and all.

Also when I go to Recovery Menu / Plugins livepatch.prx is Enabled, but all of the animations are still painfully slow.

Does it have to be in a new game? if not I really don't know what else I could do.

Thanks!

Valenhil

September 04, 2012, 04:30:57 pm #154 Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 08:23:56 pm by Valenhil
Quote from: Archaemic on June 26, 2012, 01:21:08 am
As far as I know, it works on PSP GO, but you have to put the files on the memory stick; it won't work on the internal flash.

Can you elabore on this? I can't make this work on my pspGO, it doesn't show up on the recovery menu.
Edit: Got it to work, Ignore this.

Alchemist

September 10, 2012, 10:43:06 pm #155 Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 12:53:22 am by Alchemist
Okay. This has become extremely problematic for me, and I seem to be running into a Brick Wall at every turn. I've spent the better part of an hour trying to figure this out, and to make the patch work and run effectively, but so far, every attempt has been futile.

I am running the 6.60 B10 Pro Custom Firmware. The Light Patch, not the permanent patch, but I believe that is the least of my worries.

I've followed the step by step instructions in the Youtube Video, but to absolutely no avail. I've scoured every thread so far and have eployed numerous tactics, such as renaming the file "GAME.TXT" to "game" to game.txt" to no avail. I have the Folders "SEPLUGINS" and "livepatch" located on the Root of my Memory Stick, but still nothing.

However, When I run my PSP in Recovery Mode, under plugins, it shows the Plugin listed, but not when I press the Select Button Initially. Which probably means that I'm doing something wrong here. Can anyone help me out at all...?  :(

EDIT: Just got it to work. Finally! This patch is absolutely astounding! It's practically flawless!! This is one of the best things I've ever encountered. All I have to say is thank you, beyond words!!

Wexn

September 12, 2012, 06:43:46 pm #156 Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 06:55:57 pm by Wexn
have you checked your argument strings? (ms0:/livepatch/.../livepatch.prx ? or whatever yours is) I know that was what got me..

gotta make sure that the .prx file is actually just named "livepatch.prx" not "live_patch" or "livePatch"

i would check those things first... if those are ok... i would maybe look at the permanent patch next ;)

Edit: Im an idiot and didnt see your EDIT lol... ignore this then! glad you got it to work tho!

Luc

I just had to post, set this up the other night, works perfect with my retail psn copy, freakin awesome patch!
makes the WotL version playable!

MagiusRerecros

September 17, 2012, 07:39:33 pm #158 Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 07:50:22 pm by MagiusRerecros
So, I'm running 6.60 PRO-B10 (permanent) on my PSP 1000. I've got the prx file in ms0:/livepatch and the fast.live at ms0:/livepatch/fftpsp . The plugin is enabled, and it shows up in my plugins list in the recovery menu, but it still doesn't seem to be working (i.e. skills such as Shadowblade are still being lagged). Any thoughts? Or did I just miss something?

EDIT: Herpaderp. My plugin in game.txt was pointing to ms0:/seplugins/livepatch/livepatch.prx instead of ms0:/livepatch/livepatch.prx. Issue fixed, works great! :D
Move Zig. For great Justice.

Also, Algus sucks up to level 5 donkey balls.

Geralt-kun

Doesn't seem to work on 5.50 Prome-4. Do I need to upgrade my custom software?