• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 03:19:42 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Sprite Editing

Started by Author, June 30, 2011, 06:15:32 pm

Author

June 30, 2011, 06:15:32 pm Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 06:17:02 pm by Author
Alright, I have a problem. No, it's not with FFTacText, FFTPatcher, or Shishi. Hell, I've done all that, and it looks quite nice. I've got the Custom classes, abilities, names, and all that. I have a different problem. I patched both WLDFACE.bin and UNIT.bin, but the characters still look like their base sprites in the menu and Battle screen. I can't show screenshots, mostly because I'm using CFW and an iso to play, but how do I fix the sprite appearance on the menu screen?

RandMuadDib

are you playing WotL or a psx iso turned into a psp eboot?
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

Author

WoTL on an ISO. I'm using Virtuous Flame's CFW 6.35.

From what I've searched, I think it has to do with Battle.BIN. I just repacked my FFTPack for the fourth time, and now I have to go fix up multiple skills.

God dammit Ramza, Cross Slash should not do 150 damage for free.

Author

And fixed it. It appears that the problem was that I was patching the ISO before I re-inserted the rebuilt fftpack.bin.

That was a dumb move on my part and I feel dumb for posting about it.

MagiusRerecros

There are plugins for cfw that let you take screenshots. Unfortunately, the only ones that I know of are also cheat-based plugins (coderPR, cwcheat, TempAR), but you don't have to use cheats to use the screenshot function.
Move Zig. For great Justice.

Also, Algus sucks up to level 5 donkey balls.

Author

July 01, 2011, 01:59:39 am #5 Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 03:11:54 am by Author
I am intrigued by this thing that you have suggested.

I could look for them, but I finally got everything to work perfectly, and balanced my game. Ramza's Squire class is now unique, Cloud got a damn sweet buff, and I have Beatrix as a starting character.

I could not be any happier.

Also, I managed to break my copy of FFTPatcher. Yes, it still patches, but the instant it begins it shouts "LOLERROR" and rants about Value not being able to go over 103. I looked at the details, it appears my FFTPatcher likes to Turn It Up To Eleven, and Patch to 103%.