• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 12:35:52 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Barren

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Shintroy

May 06, 2015, 11:29:26 am #4101 Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 10:37:07 pm by Shintroy
Zombie vs Frog

Round 1 - Holy and Double Frog gg. Never got to play.

Round 2 - Triple Kill and left with no revival.

Wrecked. Definitely need to update this team. Thanks for the suggestion for counter. Not sure what skill to get rid of to make room for Counter. Might have to redo every unit on the team. GG. Did not expect to get destroyed this badly.
Frog girls are the best though so not even mad.

Magic Ring is Earth and Holy. I think you're confused with defense ring which absorbs lightning and wind while also giving the immunity to silence, berserk, and sleep.

-------------------------------------------
Edit - Trying to make an unfury mime team and found out units will not cast innocent or faith on themselves if the mime has a faith related mimic pending. So no Turn 1 Earth Dragon into a Turn 2 Herectic or Solution with the mime needing to mimic the turn 1 Earth Dragon.
----------
Edit never mind. For no reason at all the Mediator used Solution.
------------------------------
No idea how this request will end up, but I like the idea of two Time Limit/anti sandbag teams going at it.

Requesting Buff PA vs Silentkaster's Derp Team.

If the Rivalry series ever comes back I'll be cool with going up against you m8. Oracle is also my favorite caster, even though I only have 3 yin yang magic users out of all of my units. No idea how rivalry series work though but I would definitely enjoy commenting on a match between us. I think we only fought once if any at all
Some day my people will be free.

Mudvayne

May 06, 2015, 01:16:18 pm #4102 Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 04:40:26 pm by Mudvayne
Wow. First round double frog proc = gg. Second round was over just as quickly.

I appreciate the insight Barren. I suppose I haden't noticed the team design tool is set up for a different (older) version. When I built the team on there, the magic ring says it provides wind absorbtion, thus why my units were running tornado instead of quake. I had made the team at work and just built it on the excel spreadsheet until I got home later and uploaded it into the memcardgen.

Is the master guide updated for 1.39 C?

Either way I'm going to make some changes to the team.

GG and thanks for the match!]

Elmdork

May 08, 2015, 12:31:05 pm #4104 Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 12:41:15 pm by Rouroni Elmdor
Hi mudvayne! Think I saw you around the sprites forum, glad to have you over here! Nice to see new guys running matches.

Loving all the gimmick teams, especially frog warriors. Thought of doing something similar during 1.38, I'd go with something stupid like a berserk octagon rod samurai...or just octagon rod something. Why doesn't anybody utilize the rods more often? I like to see more oracles and samurai being thrown around, actually liking pretty much all barren's units lately.

I guess you could consider any of my teams a gimmick team but that's kind of the point, isn't it? I could throw together a nasty archer SCC team and win a bunch, but I'll fall asleep watching them. No foolin' is fun.

@shintroy: a rivalry series is usually like 3-5 full matches with best of 3 or 5 or even more of a gauntlet style. The guys here do a great job editing and it's cool to see guys you frequently get matched with or simply have similar experience duke it out with your full deck, 10 teams, 5 matches, its just a blast. If we were to have one, all I ask is no foolin' is thrown in there somewhere, they kind of remind me of something you'd make. Gimmicky, but in more of a game breaking way.
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

Shintroy

May 08, 2015, 11:43:25 pm #4105 Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 06:09:16 pm by Shintroy
Speaking of gimmick teams(as if I didn't have enough already), I made a different berserk mime team. Full blown gimmick team. Highly doubt it getting a single win. Hoping it's entertaining at the very least.
---------
Nevermind. It's probably just as good as Buff PA. As long as I don't get the Mimic equip bug where I mimic reactions and abilities like Revive and Chakra as attacks It'll be fine. Can't wait
------------

Evasion vs Balanced team
Both teams have low AOE, and do a lot of damage. I think I have the advantage having high evasion, but Mudvayne has the mobility and speed to get behind my characters where evasion doesn't matter.

Round 1 - Long round. Turned into a nice 3v3. The 14 Speed ninja was a key factor in this. On top of that Blue was super stingy with Masamune so mudvayne had a huge speed advantage throughout the matchup.

Round 2 - Pretty evenly matched. Lost due to speed and small map probably. Only one unit has awareness.

GG. I regret not giving Red Chivalry yesterday like I planned. 3 Losses marks the end of the Power Rangers. Thanks for the vid Truelight. Lesson of the day, never go against your own gut.

Mime PA(?)/MA team vs Fists
Looks like a really uncharacterisbically basic team by Otabo. I think he'll have the advantage on most maps since his units get stronger on large, and up close my units seperate/kill each other. I like the Chiri mime idea.

Round 1 - Could've gone either way. Mime's evasion really helped Otabo close this round out. I dont think that Wizard would've been able to take out two units. Sick Absorb btw.

Round 2 - That HP Restore friendly fire? Not intentional. Glad it worked out anyway. Looked grim once one of the ninjas died. Maybe Angel Ring on the ninjas would be better. Slowly but surely I just got tanked.

GG. Never beat Otabo (outside of an absurdly bad match up). Someday.

Thanks for the vids Truelight. Mudvayne's really good even though he's new. 0-2 RIP

Maxed vs Staves

Maxed SP units have been putting in mad work lately. Didn't think the staff would lose.

Never seen two similarly looking maps back to back before.

Mudvayne

Thanks for the match TrueLight!

First round was pretty nice. I like how it turned into a 3v3. I think I may turn the the ninja undead and give her a black costume and might re-arrange some of her skills. She may get item or basic still and just keep kagesougi since she seemed to like to use that over the dont act anyways which is fine because two random status procs is always nice.  Round two was fun to watch. They came in and did high damage and got the match over quickly.

Barren

May 13, 2015, 08:07:54 pm #4109 Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 10:43:57 pm by Barren
wow that was a massacre. My 14 speed ninja was definitely the bane of silentkaster's team existence. GG my friend. At least abandon monks aren't completely useless.

Otabo

What in the...what IS that team!? I mean, damn. That ninja, doe. That was a stomp if I ever saw one.

Shintroy

May 14, 2015, 02:31:58 pm #4111 Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 07:26:54 pm by Shintroy

Even after the CT5Holy video I still think it's the one of the worst spells in the game for damage. Probably just as bad as Life Absorb.

Ultima - 5 Range - AoE 1 - CT 5 - 20 MP -Damage = MA*9 - Unevadable - No Reflect - CM/CF - 350 JP (Basic Skill)

You're better off just using two Nether Spells if you want a ranged aoe magic user with 40 Faith. Sure they're evadable, but it's not likely you'll run into a high magic evasion unit anyway. Maybe Nether Water + Nether Fire or Nether Water + Ice. I wouldn't think of bolt since defense ring is a thing. The only major downside to using these would be half elemental damage. Running into someone that absorbs water and Fire/Ice is even less likely than running into a high magic evasion unit.

N.Water - 5 Range - 1 AoE - CT 3 - 21 MP - Damage = MA*8 - Evadable - No Reflect - CM/CF - 100 JP (Black Magic)
N.Fire- 5 Range - 1 AoE - CT 3 - 18 MP - Damage = MA*7 - Evadable - Reflect - CM/CF - 100 JP (Black Magic)
N.Ice - 5 Range - 1 AoE - CT 3 - 9 MP - Damage = MA*8 - Evadable - Reflect - CM/CF - 100 JP (Black Magic)

Ultima's definitely bottom tier for offensive/damage spells along with Life Absorb. You have to sacrifice so much to make it decent at best. I'm still looking forward to watching it in action. Underused abilities are in action are never boring.

I came to the conclusion Ultima wasn't worthwhile back when I made the Jump and Ninja teams. Almost had an all squire team, but couldn't make Ultima worth using. Couldn't make Ultima weapon good either. It was coming after the FFIII team lost a match. The FFVII team was definitely going to have an Ultima Weapon user named Cloud. Pretty sure it would've went 0-1. Blitz teams against low threat spellcasters? noty.

Unrelated, requesting a match for Strangers of the Lake (by the Lake?), and Reks's Severe Weather Alert. Not against, I just want to see those two teams in action before everyone's busy with the AI tournament.
----------------
Never mind the severe weather alert request. Would definitely want to see Fists of the North vs another gimmick team. (pls not Truelight pls)

Elmdork

May 14, 2015, 06:13:36 pm #4112 Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 10:17:34 am by Rouroni Elmdor

Thanks for running all that stuff TL! That marathon was one kick-ass piece of media. I'll have to update my tunes... needs more length.
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

Reks

Quote from: Shintroy on May 14, 2015, 02:31:58 pm

Even after the CT5Holy video I still think it's the one of the worst spells in the game for damage. Probably just as bad as Life Absorb.

Ultima - 5 Range - AoE 1 - CT 5 - 20 MP -Damage = MA*9 - Unevadable - No Reflect - CM/CF - 350 JP (Basic Skill)

You're better off just using two Nether Spells if you want a ranged aoe magic user with 40 Faith. Sure they're evadable, but it's not likely you'll run into a high magic evasion unit anyway. Maybe Nether Water + Nether Fire or Nether Water + Ice. I wouldn't think of bolt since defense ring is a thing. The only major downside to using these would be half elemental damage. Running into someone that absorbs water and Fire/Ice is even less likely than running into a high magic evasion unit.

N.Water - 5 Range - 1 AoE - CT 3 - 21 MP - Damage = MA*8 - Evadable - No Reflect - CM/CF - 100 JP (Black Magic)
N.Fire- 5 Range - 1 AoE - CT 3 - 18 MP - Damage = MA*7 - Evadable - Reflect - CM/CF - 100 JP (Black Magic)
N.Ice - 5 Range - 1 AoE - CT 3 - 9 MP - Damage = MA*8 - Evadable - Reflect - CM/CF - 100 JP (Black Magic)

Ultima's definitely bottom tier for offensive/damage spells along with Life Absorb. You have to sacrifice so much to make it decent at best. I'm still looking forward to watching it in action. Underused abilities are in action are never boring.

I came to the conclusion Ultima wasn't worthwhile back when I made the Jump and Ninja teams. Almost had an all squire team, but couldn't make Ultima worth using. Couldn't make Ultima weapon good either. It was coming after the FFIII team lost a match. The FFVII team was definitely going to have an Ultima Weapon user named Cloud. Pretty sure it would've went 0-1. Blitz teams against low threat spellcasters? noty.

Unrelated, requesting a match for Strangers of the Lake (by the Lake?), and Reks's Severe Weather Alert. Not against, I just want to see those two teams in action before everyone's busy with the AI tournament.
----------------
Never mind the severe weather alert request. Would definitely want to see Fists of the North vs another gimmick team. (pls not Truelight pls)

Aww, tis a shame. I'd meant to update my teams, but I've been busy with work.
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Shintroy

S Tier (Little to No Flaws. No bad match ups)
Unshakable Faith (Probably S+)

A Tier (Near perfect, but still has bad match ups)
With Haste (A-)

B Tier (Above Average, Tough to beat)
Fire Cape,Quetzalcoatl(B+)
MyMe, Bad Breath, The F Word (B)

C Tier (Average)
Silver Crusade (C+)
Buff PA, Caster Shell, The Renaissance Men (C)
FFIII(C-)

D Tier (Decent, probably poorly executed or a gimmick team.)
North Star, Powers Combined

E Tier (Joke, Not worthwhile)
My first Team from 138 with the Grand Cross, Chaos Blade Paladin that wasn't immune to darkness.

Even though we have a while until the Tournament I'm looking forward to seeing how much variety we'll have in the 139 tournament. Doing a lot of team testing now because I'm making a mime team for the tournament and wow is it hard to make a tournament winning team. Even without mime to hold you back.

Does anyone else know of any other god tier teams like Truelight and Andante's unfaith teams?

Really glad this tourament has a JP cap  because teams like Mudvayne's Frog team, and my Zombie team would almost automatically be at a disadvantage.

Mudvayne

May 16, 2015, 11:57:32 am #4115 Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 12:23:29 pm by Mudvayne
FFT Arena: Barren (Mostly Maxed Out) vs CT5Holy (All Ultima)

Also, taking match requests today for the next few hours. I have the apartment to my self for once and my girlfriend is at work for most of the afternoon so yeah. If anyone wants to request a match for today, just go ahead and PM me or post here and I'll likely get to it if its within the next 5-6 hours. I'll be checking back here somewhat often to see if anyone has any requests.

Reks

Quote from: Mudvayne on May 16, 2015, 11:57:32 am
FFT Arena: Barren (Mostly Maxed Out) vs CT5Holy (All Ultima)

Also, taking match requests today for the next few hours. I have the apartment to my self for once and my girlfriend is at work for most of the afternoon so yeah. If anyone wants to request a match for today, just go ahead and PM me or post here and I'll likely get to it if its within the next 5-6 hours. I'll be checking back here somewhat often to see if anyone has any requests.

I'll take you up on your offer.

Till Death against an opponent of your choosing.
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Barren

Jesus Christ that was another blow out! I wonder if this team can be stopped? Its on a tear so far. GG CT5Holy

Shintroy

Maxed vs Ultima Theme
Barren's streaking with this gimmick team atm. Would be a fool to bet against a 13 speed Don't Act ninja bot

Round 1+2 - That was quick. Too much burst damage for Holy to mount any sort of comeback. Doesn't have the HP or healing power to regain momentum against Barren.

GG. Makes me want to make a 100% accuracy team different from Truelight's team. Comet, Ultima Weapon, Geomancy and something else maybe. Ramble ramble ramble.

Other video's processing I'll edit later.