• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 04:32:23 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

[Old] Many asked to make monsters easier to recruit

Started by Dome, December 22, 2011, 09:47:17 am

Dome

Maybe I can give train as innate to squires?
They already have Monster Skill, and it would fit...otherwise, I can give it to Mediators
What do you think?

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

RolandSDMF

I'm currently in Chapter 3 and have been using a Ramza + all monsters team all game. If anything, I've found moving Train to Archer made it easier and more convenient to recruit monsters. This is especially nice in early Chapter One as Archer is a much smaller grind than Mediator was. It's much more convenient than the 7% Invite chance I had to deal with in 1.3.

I personally don't see the need for recruiting to be any easier, but I am only in Chapter 3, so I can't give a comprehensive opinion on it throughout the game.

Dome

Quote from: RolandSDMF on December 22, 2011, 05:59:22 pm
I'm currently in Chapter 3 and have been using a Ramza + all monsters team all game. If anything, I've found moving Train to Archer made it easier and more convenient to recruit monsters. This is especially nice in early Chapter One as Archer is a much smaller grind than Mediator was. It's much more convenient than the 7% Invite chance I had to deal with in 1.3.

I personally don't see the need for recruiting to be any easier, but I am only in Chapter 3, so I can't give a comprehensive opinion on it throughout the game.

Great to hear that someone is finally using monsters!
Are you liking them?

RolandSDMF

I'm diggin' them thus far. The magic monsters available in Chapter 1 (Birds especially) mopped the entire chapter with ease. 160 SPM with self Haste/Regen and two quite long range moves made Miluda, Weigraf, and Algus a joke.

Upon hittin' Chapter 2, it was a pleasant surprise to see how legit Boco is now. He's pretty damn good, and I've yet to find a monster that sandbag's better than he can nor a monster that sturdy equipped with such good speed & mobility. His reaction is a little lack luster though, mainly because physical attacks isn't a concern for Boco and he rarely sees them with 6 move and range 5 Choco Meteor. Needs more Regenerator because I miss it on Trees, but then again Regen + Move HP-Up is extremely strong. Not that Boco really needs a buff, but his 75 Brave screams for a more legit reaction.

Gotta say Floating Eyes are my favorite thus far though. There is nothing mini about Mini-Ultima, it rapes. I don't know how the damage compares to Flare/Flarega but it hits like a truck and has decimated everything Ch2 and on for me.  Even without MS available, they're still very good. Magic Whirl hits for quite a bit and actually discriminates between enemy & ally (unsure if intentional) and they tank magic all day even with high faith. I also never knew that Death Sentence could be so legit, but I've actually gotten quite a bit of mileage out of it.
Also, incredibly lulzy versus enemy summoners  :mrgreen:

Can't wait for Behemoths, excited to try out a Meteorain team.

Dome

Quote from: RolandSDMF
I'm diggin' them thus far. The magic monsters available in Chapter 1 (Birds especially) mopped the entire chapter with ease. 160 SPM with self Haste/Regen and two quite long range moves made Miluda, Weigraf, and Algus a joke.

Eheh, birds are awesome, I <3 them too

Quote from: RolandSDMFUpon hittin' Chapter 2, it was a pleasant surprise to see how legit Boco is now. He's pretty damn good, and I've yet to find a monster that sandbag's better than he can nor a monster that sturdy equipped with such good speed & mobility. His reaction is a little lack luster though, mainly because physical attacks isn't a concern for Boco and he rarely sees them with 6 move and range 5 Choco Meteor. Needs more Regenerator because I miss it on Trees, but then again Regen + Move HP-Up is extremely strong. Not that Boco really needs a buff, but his 75 Brave screams for a more legit reaction.

Boco is a decent unit even for the end game (High mobility, ranged damage, Move-Hp up and defense up, can heal, cure status and resurrect), giving him regenerator instead of counter would make him too broken xD

Quote from: RolandSDMFGotta say Floating Eyes are my favorite thus far though. There is nothing mini about Mini-Ultima, it rapes. I don't know how the damage compares to Flare/Flarega but it hits like a truck and has decimated everything Ch2 and on for me.  Even without MS available, they're still very good. Magic Whirl hits for quite a bit and actually discriminates between enemy & ally (unsure if intentional) and they tank magic all day even with high faith. I also never knew that Death Sentence could be so legit, but I've actually gotten quite a bit of mileage out of it.
Also, incredibly lulzy versus enemy summoners  :mrgreen:

Yeah, magic whirl intentionally discriminates...it's awesome
Mini-ultima is Dmg_F(Ma*22), a bit stronger than Fire2...the catch is that they have HUGE MA
I might need to nerf it (Evadable, or 1 panel only) if it proves too strong

Quote from: RolandSDMFCan't wait for Behemoths, excited to try out a Meteorain team.

Trust me, they are likely the strongest monster you can recruit

Konsuli

I recently downloaded FFT+ as more challenge without punishing leveling up sounded good. Iam in ch1 and have tried couple of monsters. Coeurls are nice, shadow bind being 70-80% stop with good range. Its maybe bit too similar to pounce though. Squids on the other hand... the monster skill enabled Flood is just nuts. Damaging whole field, while the squids themselves absorb it. Iam fairly certain that with proper setup (one monster skill enabler built to survive floods and 3 squids) you could beat almost every map effortless. Iam not sure if in general dmg skills hitting whole field can lead to good gameplay, reminds too much calculator from vanilla...

About the ease of training monsters, its easy enough in my opinion.

RolandSDMF

December 23, 2011, 05:30:12 pm #6 Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 06:21:56 pm by RolandSDMF
Quote from: Dome on December 23, 2011, 04:25:13 am
Yeah, magic whirl intentionally discriminates...it's awesome
Mini-ultima is Dmg_F(Ma*22), a bit stronger than Fire2...the catch is that they have HUGE MA
I might need to nerf it (Evadable, or 1 panel only) if it proves too strong

Mini-Ultima is already Evadable. Izlude and his boys taught me that the hard way. Luckily, Choco Meteor isn't.

Quote from: Konsuli on December 23, 2011, 08:11:57 am
Squids on the other hand... the monster skill enabled Flood is just nuts. Damaging whole field, while the squids themselves absorb it. Iam fairly certain that with proper setup (one monster skill enabler built to survive floods and 3 squids) you could beat almost every map effortless.

Also good to note there's an accessory that provides Absorb: Water. The Tree monster family also absorbs water elemental attacks. I have yet to try it, but it seems like a solid set-up. Tree's monster skill "Hold Tight" also fits well in the team with its large range and ability to Stop/DA/DM anything that wanders close. Like all monster teams though, you will be extremely vulnerable to status effects, which multiple Squids will cause. (Flood activates Counter Flood, even though it heals Squids, so you will be eating Counter Flood often)

EDIT: Tested out a Flood Team using 3 Squids and 2 other Water Absorb characters. To be honest, pretty crappy. You end up Slowing your entire team (Squids don't have innate immunity to slow, and your accessory spot is dedicated to Absorb: Water) as well as Counter Flooding the crap out of yourself, which is dangerous as hell. Meteorain or Deep Night seems like a better choice for a full screen team.