• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:58:50 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Barren

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Zareb

Quote from: Barren on January 02, 2014, 01:44:32 pm
FFT Arena 1.38d Rivalry Series - Otabo vs Dokurider

Jumping Undead Monk times a hit on a Lancer that's just finished jumping.  Awesome.  Way too awesome.
Now your blood travels through the veins of our history
It bursts forth in boiling black clouds from the wrists of kings

Fenire

Dig your choice of music for the rivalry Barren.

Barren

Zotis

I do appreciate the match, but it was kind of dissapointing that you used the old teams since they were quite flawed and I had said "when our teams were updated."  Oh well.

At least one thing I'm worried about now even with my updated Assassination Attempt is the Innocent/Raise 2 problem...  I'm kind of counting on best compat now, but an innocent caster on a 40 faith downed unit...

I wonder if I could request a rematch for Assassination Attempt and Elunia.  But I know you're in high demand Barren, so take your time.  Great commentary too, as usual it was very entertaining to watch.

Malroth

The only ways to get raise 2 accuracy of a 40 faith unit above 70% is to combine pilgrimage with best compatibility and some moderate MA boosting.  12Ma will just barely hit 100% accuracy at 98+ faith.

CT5Holy

Uh... 10 MA, 70 Fa Raise 2 caster to 40 Fa best compat target has 78% chance to hit...
Same scenario except good compat target has 70% chance to hit.

Malroth, how are you calculating your numbers? This isn't the first time you've given an incorrect answer regarding game mechanics...

For the record, to get 100% accuracy rate on a 40 Fa unit, a 10 MA Raise 2 caster with best compat needs at least 93 Faith.
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Barren

I will grant some of your teams a rematch Zotis. Sometime after this weekend you'll get it

Zotis

Thanks Barren, and hmm... maybe I'd better make sure they have Raise and Raise 2...

Fenire

Thank you for the video Barren.
I would prefer to see Summon Arrows against Rufio's witches if possible.
Damn those ninjas and their damned head breaks.

silentkaster

Heh, I loved that match CT5holy and your commentary. "You're doing nothing!" That was awesome how you said that.

Hey, if possible, I'd love to see Biron Monastery (my all monk team) against your "Do not Disturb" team. I just feel that'd be a good match up. I haven't tested my team against it or anything...just curious to see how mine will stack up.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Vigilanti

CT5Holy, would you mind putting my destiny bond team in action? I figured since Barren already did a match with my team you can do one and let me know what you think

Angelus

I'm up for any match actually. I haven't seen any arena action with my teams in a while since fdc

Zotis

I'm going to start putting my FFT time into learning how to make videos now instead of working on my teams or making new teams.  I know there's a lot of demand and I've seen a few new faces since I joined (which wasn't that long ago).  So yeah, hopefully I can start helping out in that department soon.

CT5Holy

Ugh. They need a vacation. About as bad as expected though, haha.
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Barren

January 05, 2014, 10:06:10 am #2777 Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 01:54:58 pm by Barren
well it took my axe team a long time but it did beat CT5Holy's team. I feel kind bad though because they kind of deserve a better overall performance. Maybe shadoe stitch just needs adjustments to make it better.

Elmdork

January 05, 2014, 08:32:37 pm #2778 Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 08:49:29 pm by Rouroni Elmdor
Thanks for the feature, truelight! I was itching to see my revised team. Barren's axe team scares me. Maybe they'll hit for 50% HP, maybe they'll 1 shot your paladin. Better hope quick doesn't go off or you have a DPS tank that is effectively faster than a thief 0_0

Oh, and it's news to me, but I didn't realize mime summons cost 0mp. Go figure. Guess they don't really need carbunkle.
Hot damn that was fun to watch. I may not have the experience of other players here, but it is easy to see shadow stitch lacks offensive power, damage or more lethal status procs are nescessary. I like your tanky mediators but if you're relying on the samurai for damage, she didn't get the memo. I'm not a fan of the 1dps, 1tank, 1 healer etc. Someone dies then suddenly you can't deal damage or res. I think all units should have a shot at killing something unless their support is key for offence/defense/tempo.

It's a good team concept wise, the don't move worked well on my team, but you needed some umph to bring it home.

Gg, and great series, truelight! I think many of us are quite pleased with your work.
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

Jumza

Quote from: CT5Holy on January 04, 2014, 02:20:44 pm
FFT Arena 138d - Jumza (The People Party) vs CT5Holy (Shadow Stitch)

Thanks for the match :)
So your team was in fact doing nothing a lot of the time, but it still did ok... uhm... yeah.
My Thief and Chemist are their to take attention away from my Scholars, they run in, they get hit, they get healed, they pick people off, etc... Which they seem to do well enough.
I worry about this team going up against other dark absorb teams though, then my main damage output becomes the chemist and the thief :P Maybe I should give the scholars bio.

Quote from: TrueLight on January 05, 2014, 01:11:26 am
FFT Arena 1.38D - CT5Holy (Shadow Stitch)

This was much the same as above, so I won't comment on it. But thanks for the match Truelight ;)
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.