• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:35:09 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

[Old] My test run on EPSX

Started by Killergamer, July 23, 2011, 10:06:58 pm

Killergamer

July 23, 2011, 10:06:58 pm Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 09:17:05 am by Kokojo
So this was the first time ive played a patched fft and i have to say i love the story you have going so far but i did run into quite a few bugs. I dont know if the bugs are only on the emulator or if they,ve been brought up but figured id post them anyway. Also i was using 1.400

1. Certain spells you changed the names of still say the original name in the speech before the spell. (Ex. the spell the elementalist uses for ice crush.)
2. If you change Gospels name it only is changed when i change my abilities and gear.
3. The sprite for Gospel changes from Ramza when your fighting to Mustadio when your talking in between battles and your custom gospel sprite when in the ability and gear menu.
4. When i got to the Puppeteer fight the text was all using the same face with different names and the whole time i can only see rain and when the fight starts and i cannot do anything.
5. None of the classes look the same in battle as they do when changing your job.
6. In the first boss fight anytime he is hit or does an attack he disappears for a split second, nothing major but just so you know to look at it
7. Theres petrified Clouds' in the air in what seems to be every battle

Suggestions:

1. Create a map like in the original game with shops and maybe some side quests, but at least so you can do some leveling.
2. Change some of the woman to woman sprites(Guessing those will be custom sprites?)

If i can think anything else up ill post it but ill deff be following this just the first few fights really has me wanting to play more

Kokojo

Thanks for your suggestions. However, there is many things to say.

First you din't patch correctly if you saw the flying clouds.
The text errors are still not changed.
Puppeter fight got fixed.

Thanks a lot, hope you will play chapter 2.
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.