• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:23:48 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 4 Registration

Started by Barren, May 14, 2015, 05:55:07 am

Should we allow Gold Armor and Genji Shield despite Dead Sentence bug?

Yes
9 (90%)
No
1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: May 31, 2015, 10:59:06 am

Barren

May 14, 2015, 05:55:07 am Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 09:02:10 pm by Barren
Well its now time to start submitting your teams for the FFT Arena A.I. Tournament Season 4

As far as teams, for those who are submitting their teams for the tournament shall PM me your team and I will check to see if they are legal.

For those that don't know the rules are as follows:

RULES:
Teams will consist of 4 generic humans at Level 35, controlled by enemy AI routines.

Fury and Faith range is between 40 and 70. There is no minimum or maximum for Team Fury/Faith

Each unit has 3000 JP to spend on various abilities. It costs 250 JP to unlock ANY job.(includes Squire/Chemist) For example, to unlock Ninja, you only have to spend 250 JP(the 250 JP is lost forever). You do not need to unlock Squire/Knight/etc to unlock Ninja.

Only two units can buy any individual ability. Innates do not count towards this. (i.e. four units could have the Punch Art skillset, but only two could have purchased Earth Slash; conversely, you can have two Chemists and a Knight with Throw Item)

Only two units can equip any individual item.

Player: Reks
Team: Severe Weather Alert
Palettes: Black/Yellow

================================

Blizzard
Male
Virgo
Archer
Punch Art
HP Restore
Overwhelm
Move-HP Up
Blast Gun
Kaiser Plate
Black Hood
Rubber Costume
Chantage

Stigma Magic, Chakra, Revive

Hailstorm
Male
Virgo
Archer
Item
Auto Potion
Throw Item
Jump+2
Blast Gun
Kaiser Plate
Thief Hat
Rubber Costume
Chantage

Hawk's Eye, Head Break, Armor Break
Chrono's Tear, Echo Grass, Maiden's Kiss, Soft, Holy Water, Bandage, Phoenix Down

Raine
Female
Capricorn
Priest
Black Magic
Counter Magic
Magic Attack UP
Move-MP Up
Mace of Zeus

Golden Hairpin
Chameleon Robe
Defense Ring

Raise 2, Esuna, Dia
Nether Bolt, Bolt 2, Water 2

Hurricane
Female
Capricorn
Scholar
Summon Magic
Counter Magic
Magic Attack UP
Move-MP Up
Mace of Zeus

Golden Hairpin
Chameleon Robe
Defense Ring

Maelstrom, Thunder Flare, Bio
Ramuh, Fairy

The Deadline will be 6/10 at 11:59 PM EST. You can change your team anytime before registration is up. If you have any questions about the tournament please let me know. Thanks and good luck.

Also pending on how many people are going to enter the tournament I will need a volunteer or two to help me run the tournament and update the winner/loser bracket. If you do plan on helping I need you to be there throughout the whole tournament. I don't mind trading matches to cover for you if you have something going on, but please let me know in advance. I don't need tournament hosts bailing out on me during the thing like last time. Once again thank you all very much

As noted by silentkaster and Rouroni Elmdor, Gold Armor and Genji Shield are immune to dead but not death sentence. This can either potentially screw over the other team using death sentence or can prevent dead procs for being too much to overcome. So also please vote for either a ban or no ban on those items

Registered Players
Mudvayne
Anima Zero
TrueLight
silentkaster
Rouroni Elmdor
Shintroy
White Knight Wiegraf
skiploom188
fattyzilla
Barren
Reks
Epic
Heroebal
Dol
reinoe
Corosar
dw6561
Fanatic
StarRacer
Jumza
Lakitu673
Andante49
Malroth
CT5Holy
VireBlaze
Vigilanti
Zotis
RedWorld
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

silentkaster

There was talk about banning items that were immune to dead but not DS. Are those going to be banned or no? Specifically, Genji Shield and Gold Armor. Would these items be allowed?
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Elmdork

May 14, 2015, 09:41:29 am #2 Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 09:48:12 am by Rouroni Elmdor
I would be against that ban. You mess up a whole bunch of perfectly fine setups just to deal with a minor bug on a mediocre ability. I would suggest just not using DS, but I can't stop you. We gotta be careful when banning stuff, we might make some abilities OP just because its' counter will be removed. I say we work with what we got.

Remove immune:dead and suddenly Odin is the most OP spell ever.
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

Barren

Good point silentkaster and Rouroni, I should have addressed that. I'll make a poll during registration to see if we should allow genji shield and gold armor or not. Death Sentence/Dead is still allowed because they count as status effects.

Otabo

I say keep em. If people are worried about Genji Shield/Gold Armor screwing their team over, give Shield Break and Armor Break a call.

If we want to ban anything, let it be Cursed Ring or Stop, otherwise, let's just have at it with what we've got.

Mudvayne

Sorry, but what is the current bug with DS?

Regardless I don't think any items should be banned.

Also to Barren, I have 4 weeks left of this semester of school and afterwards I am more than willing to help with any recording/editing/uploading of videos for the tourney if need be or anything else that you may need help with.

Malroth

I'm in favor of keeping them,  Gold armor prevents a lot of horrible things  and i dont think we should get rid of the only reliable petrify counter simply due to mediators being stupid.

Shintroy

Keep em. Everyone's aware of the risks of using DS by now and has ways to work around it.

No idea what kind of team I'm going to make for this tournament. It will defiinetly have a Mime in it though. Good luck to everyone in advance. This is going to be one stacked tournament.
Some day my people will be free.

Barren

Well cursed ring isn't as powerful as it once was due to the 50/50 chance of coming back. And as far as stop, it got buffed because people were not using stop as much as the previous patch. It had either too high of a mp cost or was just unreliable in general due to the hit rate. I'm just concerned with the people wanting to use the moves but dumb AI can sometimes be the reason people lose.

Also mudvayne to answer your question the reason why the ban is in question is that while gold armor and genji shield prevent dead it doesn't prevent death sentence. Death sentence gives the AI two turns until the dead status kicks in while being ignored by the other AI players. So next patch FFMaster needs to fix that over sight because there have been instances where death sentence doesn't work because the AI doesn't see that immune to dead also means immune to death sentence unless the item is tagged as such

Shintroy

May 14, 2015, 07:00:24 pm #9 Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 07:24:57 pm by Shintroy
How will Maps work? Will it be completely random like exhibition matches or like S3 where teams fight on a small, then large, then medium sized map? Are all maps legal? Can't stand the checkerboard, 1v1, and maps where units are spread out. (see Grog Hill, Nogias, ect).

Based off usage and success rate

Top Tier - Monk, Thief, Time Mage, Mediator   
High Tier - Chemist, Paladin, Archer, Priest, Wizard Ninja, Scholar       
Mid Tier Squire, Summoner, Oracle, Samurai, Bard, Dancer, Geomancer   
Low Tier - Lancer, Mime

Completely Unofficial by the way.

Top Tier - Item, White Magic, Time Magic, Steal, Talk Skill, Draw Out, Lore         
High Tier - Snipe, Punch Art, Black Magic, Summon Magic, Ninjitsu     
Mid Tier, Basic Skill, Chivalry, Yin Yang Magic, Sing, Dance   
Low Tier - Geomancy, Jump

Highly doubting Squires, Summoners, Geomancers, Lancers, Bards, and Dancers making it into top 8.
I'd like to see some popular past combos make top 8 like Mediator/Draw Out, Time/White, 2H Thief. Hope there are more absorb teams this time around with the changes to oil in 139. Some Andante/Truelight unfaith teams as well. Scary stuff. I'm too hyped let me stop posting.

Not counting my mime team, I think a team relying on status will take this tournament. *coughstopcough* *coughsleepcough*.

Barren

Shintroy

I definitely want map sizes to be considered like last season. Would hate to see a team win/lose just because they got two lucky/unlucky map sizes.

Elmdork

Quote from: Shintroy on May 15, 2015, 03:44:52 pm
I definitely want map sizes to be considered like last season. Would hate to see a team win/lose just because they got two lucky/unlucky map sizes.

Agreed.

Barren

I'll close the poll now since no one seems to mind the two equips bypassing death sentence. I know everyone knows the deal here in Arena but I will say that if anyone does mention/complain about AI stupidity about not recognizing the difference between dead and death sentence, just remember you voted for this. Other than that I want everyone to have a good time regardless with what happens. Thanks again for your input

Shintroy

How are map sizes determined? Large and small maps are pretty obvious yes, but what about medium sized? Always wondered this. Maybe squared are taken into consideration? Also what about banned stages? I figure maps with insane obstacles like Bes-dio's house, Hospital in the Slums, and the chapel from the intro would be banned because it cripples the AI of certain units (ranged).

Barren

Well some of the maps may be banned due to either bad AI placement or bottlenecks. As far as what classifies as a medium map I will eventually look at the maps and evaluate them

Elmdork

May 19, 2015, 09:12:46 pm #16 Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 09:19:53 pm by Rouroni Elmdor
I'd say 1 move to engage is a short map, 2-3 moves is a medium and 3+ would be a large map. Give or take 4 move, don't be using crazy eight crew to measure stuff :p

So I'd consider araguay woods and slums of dorter standard medium maps, mostly due to unit placement than square feet.

Barren

May 20, 2015, 09:15:31 am #17 Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 09:43:53 am by Barren
After all the maps I looked at this morning this is how I classify every map except for the check board land maps, we're leaving those out. The ones in bold are the ones that we may bann again due to bad AI placement or bottlenecks. If anyone wants to keep these maps you can go ahead and make your case.

Map List

Map 1 - Medium
Map 2 - Large
Map 3 - Large
Map 4 - Small
Map 5 - Medium
Map 6 - Large
Map 7 - Small
Map 8 - Small
Map 9 - Medium
Map 10 - Large
Map 11 - Small
Map 12 - Small
Map 13 - Small
Map 14 - Small
Map 15 - Large
Map 16 - Medium
Map 17 - Large
Map 18 - Small
Map 19 - Large
Map 20 - Small
Map 21 - Small
Map 22 - Medium
Map 23 - Small
Map 24 - Small
Map 25 - Medium
Map 26 - Large
Map 27 - Large
Map 28 - Large
Map 29 - Large
Map 30 - Medium
Map 31 - Small
Map 32 - Medium
Map 33 - Large/Banned
Map 34 - Medium
Map 35 - Large
Map 36 - Medium/Banned
Map 37 - Large
Map 38 - Large
Map 39 - Large
Map 40 - Large
Map 41 - Small
Map 42 - Large
Map 43 - Small
Map 44 - Large
Map 45 - Large
Map 46 - Large
Map 47 - Large
Map 48 - Medium
Map 49 - Small
Map 50 - Large
Map 51 - Medium
Map 52 - Small
Map 53 - Small
Map 54 - Large
Map 55 - Large
Map 56 - Large
Map 57 - Medium
Map 58 - Medium
Map 59 - Large
Map 60 - Large
Map 61 - Large
Map 62 - Small
Map 63 - Medium
Map 64 - Large
Map 65 - Small
Map 66 - Large
Map 67 - Large
Map 68 - Small
Map 69 - Medium
Map 70 - Small/Banned
Map 71 - Large
Map 72 - Large
Map 73 - Small
Map 74 - Large
Map 75 - Large
Map 76 - Large
Map 77 - Medium
Map 78 - Large
Map 79 - Large
Map 80 - Medium
Map 81 - Large
Map 82 - Large
Map 83 - Large/Banned
Map 84 - Large
Map 85 - Large
Map 86 - Small
Map 87 - Large
Map 88 - Large
Map 89 - Large
Map 90 - Large
Map 91 - Medium
Map 92 - Small
Map 93 - Small
Map 94 - Small
Map 95 - Large
Map 96 - Small
Map 97 - Medium
Map 98 - Large
Map 99 - Large
Map 100 - Large
Map 101 - Medium
Map 102 - Large
Map 103 - Small
Map 104 - Small
Map 105 - Medium
Map 106 - Large
Map 107 - Large/Banned
Map 108 - Large
Map 109 - Large
Map 110 - Large
Map 111 - Small
Map 112 - Large
Map 113 - Small
Map 114 - Large/Banned
Map 115 - Large
Map 116 - Medium
Map 125 - Large

Mudvayne

That's fine with me. How are we doing map selection? Is it a preset map or is it RNG based and if it happens to land on a banned map, just re-roll for a new map?

Barren

I would re-roll for a new map. The order I'm thinking for every match is Large/Medium/Small. If anyone else prefers a order of size maps for rounds 1/2/3 let me know